PDA

View Full Version : European-style VAT tax coming to U.S. ?? THIS SUCKS.

RonPaulCentral
12-04-2008, 06:45 PM
EUROPEAN STYLE VAT TAX COMING TO U.S.?

This is absolutely horrible. The idea of this flat pisses me off.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/01/news/economy/tully_vat.fortune/index.htm

Kludge
12-04-2008, 07:14 PM
The VAT is pretty decent and relatively fair, IMO... So long as they will be removing the income tax, it's fine by me ;)

RonPaulCentral
12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
The VAT is pretty decent and relatively fair, IMO... So long as they will be removing the income tax, it's fine by me ;)

LOL - Removing the income tax... yeah right.... :rolleyes:

I am sure it will be the income tax AND the VAT

Danke
12-04-2008, 07:17 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1851757&postcount=5

nate895
12-04-2008, 07:18 PM

No, this is not fine, it is meant to expand government, not make taxes fairer and less burdensome. They imply in the article that the reason for instating the tax is to hide the cost on the consumer, thereby causing less outrage than an increase in income taxes.

Kludge
12-04-2008, 07:21 PM
No, this is not fine, it is meant to expand government, not make taxes fairer and less burdensome. They imply in the article that the reason for instating the tax is to hide the cost on the consumer, thereby causing less outrage than an increase in income taxes.

Lol... They already can and do do (tee-hee) that. Expansion of the money supply.

heavenlyboy34
12-04-2008, 07:21 PM

+1 :)

nate895
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Lol... They already can and do do (tee-hee) that. Expansion of the money supply.

That is also a rather obvious way to do it with the amount of money they want, it would almost immediately cause a hyperinflation.

devil21
12-04-2008, 07:37 PM
So I think we can safely assume that there would then be a federal income tax, a state income tax, a federal sales tax (VAT), and a state sales tax. Oh and a county/city sales tax. And a gas tax. And a food tax. And property tax.

The stamp tax, tea tax, and poll tax can't be far behind. Tea Party anybody?

There's no way existing taxes will be rolled back no matter what dictator...err President...is in office. They will only add to the existing taxes and hammer the shrinking middle class even more until it disappears.

powerofreason
12-04-2008, 09:30 PM

Stealing is pretty decent eh? What kind of backwards morals do you have?

satchelmcqueen
12-04-2008, 10:41 PM
either way, they will wind up taking more and at a lower risk of riots or dumb people knowing about it.

TastyWheat
12-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Won't happen. The second part that is.