PDA

View Full Version : Something I made for my meetup group

yaz
09-10-2007, 02:46 AM
http://www.yazproductions.com/Ron_Paul

Tell me what you think. I'm pretty decent with Photoshop if anyone needs something made.

yaz
09-10-2007, 02:56 AM
check it out please

eloquensanity
09-10-2007, 02:59 AM
Not bad. I like the alamo in the background. Change the font to something easier to read.

yaz
09-10-2007, 03:03 AM
There's 2 different fonts, which one don't u like? The title?

eloquensanity
09-10-2007, 03:06 AM
Tes the title will be hard to read from a distance:)

CasualApathy
09-10-2007, 03:12 AM
One word:

WICKED!

yaz
09-10-2007, 03:27 AM
don't worry it's not supposed to be read from a distance, they're just fliers to hand out

btw, thanks apathy.

davidhperry
09-10-2007, 03:46 AM
I don't mean this as a rip, but I don't think Ron's picture is necessary in a handout. I say that because my first impression when I saw Ron was: "There's an old dude whom I don't recognize or know anything about and he's running for President." Of course, I later learned about his ideas and that he has more energy than most people I know now matter what their age - now I'm totally sold out. But the fact remains that handouts (along with what you say) are meant as a first impression and I don't think that appearances are that important to establish during the first impression.

I'm not recommending you remove it completely. I would display the same image that is in the top left corner of this site - minimized in the corner. That way, you have more room left over for information space.

eloquensanity
09-10-2007, 03:51 AM
don't worry it's not supposed to be read from a distance, they're just fliers to hand out

btw, thanks apathy.

OK well then it works as it is :)

ronpaulhawaii
09-10-2007, 04:33 AM
I like the fonts, they seem... Texan;)

And the big pic... ain't everything big in... <sorry>

David makes some good points, but I think a picture is a valuable componant of any flyer. People like to associate a name with a face, and it seems to increase retention. Plus, a picture can tell many stories and the sincerity of Dr. Paul's easy smile is magnetic

my2cents
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Mu9uJiYXU

deedles
09-10-2007, 06:38 AM
I like the picture..

sunny
09-10-2007, 07:28 AM
i like your poster and have a couple of thoughts

the pic being there is necessary - a face matters.
the font is kinda hard to read and lastly
i think the pic is too big

which meetup are you in?

Cowlesy
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Nice job!

yaz
09-10-2007, 10:58 PM
I don't mean this as a rip, but I don't think Ron's picture is necessary in a handout. I say that because my first impression when I saw Ron was: "There's an old dude whom I don't recognize or know anything about and he's running for President." Of course, I later learned about his ideas and that he has more energy than most people I know now matter what their age - now I'm totally sold out. But the fact remains that handouts (along with what you say) are meant as a first impression and I don't think that appearances are that important to establish during the first impression.

I'm not recommending you remove it completely. I would display the same image that is in the top left corner of this site - minimized in the corner. That way, you have more room left over for information space.

im in the lindale meetup group for the person who asked. i was going for name-face recognition. people need to have his image sealed in their minds. I figure Ron Paul would approve because that's his photo from his myspace page. Anyway I think that's enough info to get people interested and look him up more.

skipdisk
09-10-2007, 11:05 PM
http://www.yazproductions.com/Ron_Paul

Tell me what you think. I'm pretty decent with Photoshop if anyone needs something made.

If I was to copy them and print them out. Will the writing be clearer? I am thinking that will be the case.
Edit to yes.
Also I am from PA.

yaz
09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
ok i added a 5th version with clearer writing at the bottom

yaz
09-11-2007, 01:58 AM
and one that's not so busy