PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich said he'd make Spanish the SECOND national Language... IDIOT!

Lord Xar
09-10-2007, 02:31 AM
In the DEMS debate.... Kucinich said he'd make Spanish the Second Nation Language.. what a friggin Nitwit !! First off, English isn't even legislated on the Federal level as a 'nationl language' and then he wants to alienate ALL other minority groups by making Spanish a Second National Language, and balkanize America further! ... what a pandering fool. I sorta thought he had some sense about him -- but he is now completely a blathering idiot in my book.

Oh, and Obama NOW wants all troops out of Iraq immediately -- hahahhaha.. but when addressing AIPAC, he'd do whatever was necessary in Iran .. and hit targets in Pakistan --- wow, strong pandering on the Dem side!

LizF
09-10-2007, 03:55 AM
Wow...that's really ridiculous. :eek: :( :mad:

Even though I never saw myself voting for DK (mainly because I found his big govt solutions to problems troubling), I respected him for his anti Iraq War stance, anti-globalism/anti-WTO positions, and willingness to rally his fellow Congressmen to Impeach Cheney.

This stance on Spanish as an official language of the US, however, is a disappointment, and most misguided. Even Gravel (during a previous debate) stated unwaveringly that English should be the official language of the US.

Brasil Branco
09-10-2007, 04:18 AM
I think you're overreacting a bit.

Anyway, I'm watching the Debates right now (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=CSPANJUNKIEdotORG&p=r). I was amazed that the number was some 40 million.

expatriot
09-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Not that he was any bright hope to begin with,
but this just reconfirms his membership in the
'damn the people - lets make another law' club.

Thanks for pointing this out Lord Xar

Cjays
09-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Kucinich said he'd make Spanish the Second Nation Language.. what a friggin Nitwit !!
* hangs head in shame * :(

Bloody Holly
09-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Why are they so two faced?

Obama is such a liar too. He wants to continue to hunt for WMD's and have other wars too.

RP4ME
09-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Wrong answer K- boy!

Omnis
09-11-2007, 04:30 AM
Honestly, guys, pull for Koosie on the democrat side. This way, RP will be a shoo-in.

Mesogen
09-11-2007, 11:53 AM
I never did get the fascination with Kucinich. The more you hear him speak and the more you understand his REAL positions and ideas, the more of a fruitcake he appears to be.

The only thing I would ever support Kucinich on is the fact that he would end the occupation of Iraq immediately. The problem is, he'd probably order all the soldiers to sing Kumbaya on the way out, then send every Iraqi a fruit basket saying how sorry we are, and build a billion dollar memorial to the plight of the endangered Iraqi ostrich. This sounds like an exaggeration, but that's what's so sad about Kucinich. He has no concept of other people's money and literally thinks that everyone should live in love communes where bad thoughts are banished with power crystals. Again, I'm not exaggerating.

Poor Dennis.

Ron Paul is really, the only real anti-war candidate that isn't a complete nutcake. PERIOD.

Luis
01-31-2008, 12:56 AM
The Spanish language was the first European language spoken in what is now the US and has been spoken continuously ever since by the descendants of those first Spanish-language speakers. In New Mexico Spanish has been spoken since 1598 and has equal legal and constitutional status with English.

Making Spanish a second national language would constitute a first step toward ending the shameful cultural genocide of the Spanish Americans. This ethnicide is the dark, ugly flip side of vintage Manifest Destiny.

Shii
01-31-2008, 01:10 AM
The Spanish language was the first European language spoken in what is now the US and has been spoken continuously ever since by the descendants of those first Spanish-language speakers. In New Mexico Spanish has been spoken since 1598 and has equal legal and constitutional status with English.

Making Spanish a second national language would constitute a first step toward ending the shameful cultural genocide of the Spanish Americans. This ethnicide is the dark, ugly flip side of vintage Manifest Destiny.

Why bump an old topic just to say this?

Let's make Cherokee a national language too:D

AmyPA
01-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Blast from the past!

CurtisLow
01-31-2008, 01:14 AM
///

american empire
01-31-2008, 01:50 AM
Let's make Cherokee a national language too

the arrogance in the neo cons is sickening but yours is worse.....disrespect for the original people who inhabited America way before they were bullied and shot at by our ancestors....( can safely say mine came way later so yeah they were not part of it)....
I have the utmost respect for the native Indians....but the treatment dealt out to them was despicable ....and yet we are the bastions of freedom.....sigh