PDA

View Full Version : Hemp~ Banned because its oils cure Cancer

Deborah K
12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Watch this: http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/videos/HempOilCancerCure.html

jkr
12-04-2008, 12:27 PM
seems that way, "run from the cure!"

M House
12-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Okay first of all nothing's really gonna "cure" cancer as it comes from DNA. It can be the result of genetics, mutation, or damage. I mean look at McCain the sun did that. You'd be shit outta luck without a sun. The beneficial stuff that constantly gets touted from your silly weed is cannabinol. High in all members of the family, whatever, that is as the government and biologists are a bit weird there. It's been available in pill form even in Canada for several years now. It does a variety of things potentially beneficial-you've probably read a bunch of pro pot propaganda you get the jist. THC is mildly toxic and a hallucinogen which pretty much is what gets bred into stuff people wanna smoke. Cannabinol acts as a natural counter to this toxicity and might be the reason the really potent pot is so weak and finicky in comparison. So should hemp be legal of course and as long as hemp is around people will be able to breed pot from it-so you can take what you want from that.

dannno
12-04-2008, 12:44 PM
The beneficial stuff that constantly gets touted from your silly weed is cannabinol. High in all members of the family, whatever, that is as the government and biologists are a bit weird there. It's been available in pill form even in Canada for several years now. It does a variety of things potentially beneficial-you've probably read a bunch of pro pot propaganda you get the jist. THC is mildly toxic and a hallucinogen which pretty much is what gets bred into stuff people wanna smoke. Cannabinol acts as a natural counter to this toxicity and might be the reason the really potent pot is so weak and finicky in comparison. So should hemp be legal of course and as long as hemp is around people will be able to breed pot from it-so you can take what you want from that.

Wow, you're full of bologna. Anybody who read this needs to erase it from their minds, this guy doesn't know what hell he is talking about at all.

Cannabinol is a synthetic prescription form of cannabis and it DOESN'T WORK for shit. It fails in medical trials while the real stuff works wonders. That's because the real medicine is found in the hundreds of other chemicals found in cannabis (THC and CBDs). It is activated when it reaches a certain temperature, hence smoking, cooking or vaporizing.

This is precisely why the medical establishment will never find any real benefits, because they would have to isolate hundreds of compounds and mix them all into one drug, when they could just grow a frigging plant instead.

M House
12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Ugh I'll just look it up on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinol, you won't believe me wherever I look but whatever no it's not synthetic...yes there are some other compounds in the family whatever. The only reason you think it doesn't do anything is it doesn't get you high. Whatever THC and it are actually very related as it's just the oxidized form.

Deborah K
12-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Ugh I'll just look it up on wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinol, you won't believe me wherever I look but whatever no it's not synthetic...yes there are some other compounds in the family whatever. The only reason you think it doesn't do anything is it doesn't get you high. Whatever THC and it are actually very related as it's just the oxidized form.

You come on this thread with preconceived notions. Why don't you just watch the video and then respond? Do you consider yourself open minded?

Danke
12-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Is the stuff you can purchase from Canada any good? like:

http://www.hempusa.org/

dannno
12-04-2008, 01:04 PM
The only reason you think it doesn't do anything is it doesn't get you high.

No, it's because it doesn't give the same benefits as the real stuff.

Go to a medicinal cannabis shop and ask them for something that will help you with insomnia. Then ask them for something that will help you with appetite or stomach problems. Then ask them for something that will help you with depression. Then ask them for something that will help your chronic pain. Then ask them for something that will relax your muscles (there are several muscle diseases that people benefit highly from using cannabis, some of them are very serious). If they know what they are doing, they will make a different recommendation each time. Some will be indica strains, some sativa strains, and most will be some sort of hybrid of the two.

I've been using this stuff medicinally for years, and I know many others who do as well. You can't tell me for one minute that cannabinol is the only medicine in cannabis. That is the biggest crock of medical establishment BS I have ever heard.

dannno
12-04-2008, 01:13 PM
My top choices:

Insomnia: Mendocino Purps

Appetite or stomach problems: Maui Wowie

Depression: Blue Dot

Chronic pain: Trainwreck

Relax your muscles: MK Ultra or Sonoma Coma

Notice "cannabinol" is not in there anywhere.

M House
12-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Okay I took neurobiology and I'm not exactly the typical person who believes it doesn't do anything and should be illegal. So maybe I can just provide a bit of something to chew and for you to dismiss, since you've already judged me to have not seen your video or even bothered to research alot of this yourself.
THC and Cannabinol both primarily affect two types of receptors naturally occurring throughout your body. In fact your body naturally makes a very small amount of these compounds itself.
So anyway there's a bit more too it if I remember neurobiology but I don't have a book and just have wiki to quickly go on
You have 2 primary cannabinoid receptors that respond to your beloved plant and similar compounds produced within your body
CB1s are found in your limbic system, hippocampus, and basal ganglia. So of course you have the obvious mental effects of cannabinoids. You do not wanna fuck too much with these systems. They regulate memory, mood, and aggression. Though you can get some benefit from occasional pot, alot of people do smoke it frequently. This have been shown to have a not so great long term effect wether you want to deny yer choice in alot of different ways on MRIs, SPECTs, and other methods of imaging.

CB2s which are predominantly in your spleen and immune system. There is a benefit you can obtain from regulating immune response as well. Once again continually suppressing it and artificially impacting your body's self regulation here can be detrimental.

And my bad yes there quite a few compounds(already mentioned there were others) in pot but alot are derivatives of THC and Cannabinol themselves. Continually insisting to have them though for a bit of a half assed recreational benefit, I don't think is the best way to address the issue. Judging from the high number of compounds relating to these systems that are already synthesized and isolated, and the fact that so few are available maybe it would be better to address this issue as well. I don't see why there's so much control over naturally occurring organic compounds. But you can of try to argue on the basis, it seems to make me cooler than you.

THC and Cannabinol (they are very related and similar) both have affinity for CB2 and CB1. But THC seems to have a stronger affinity for CB1. You can of course convince yourself it doesn't have an effect or is so much different.

dannno
12-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Okay I took neurobiology and I'm not exactly the typical person who believes it doesn't do anything and should be illegal. So maybe I can just provide a bit of something to chew and for you to dismiss, since you've already judged me to have not seen your video or even bothered to research alot of this yourself.
THC and Cannabinol both primarily affect two types of receptors naturally occurring throughout your body. In fact your body naturally makes a very small amount of these compounds itself.
So anyway there's a bit more too it if I remember neurobiology but I don't have a book and just have wiki to quickly go on
You have 2 primary cannabinoid receptors that respond to your beloved plant and similar compounds produced within your body
CB1s are found in your limbic system, hippocampus, and basal ganglia. So of course you have the obvious mental effects of cannabinoids. You do not wanna fuck too much with these systems. They regulate memory, mood, and aggression. Though you can get some benefit from occasional pot, alot of people do smoke it frequently. This have been shown to have a not so great long term effect wether you want to deny yer choice in alot of different ways on MRIs, SPECTs, and other methods of imaging.

CB2s which are predominantly in your spleen and immune system. There is a benefit you can obtain from regulating immune response as well. Once again continually suppressing it and artificially impacting your body's self regulation here can be detrimental.

And my bad yes there quite a few compounds(already mentioned there were others) in pot but alot are derivatives of THC and Cannabinol themselves. Continually insisting to have them though for a bit of a half assed recreational benefit, I don't think is the best way to address the issue. Judging from the high number of compounds relating to these systems that are already synthesized and isolated, and the fact that so few are available maybe it would be better to address this issue as well. I don't see why there's so much control over naturally occurring organic compounds. But you can of try to argue on the basis, it seems to make me cooler than you.

THC and Cannabinol (they are very related and similar) both have affinity for CB2 and CB1. But THC seems to have a stronger affinity for CB1. You can of course convince yourself it doesn't have an effect or is so much different.

Great, so you can explain the studies that show cannabis to have zero measurable long-term effects on memory and intellect after decades of heavy usage?

Maybe you could also explain why my immune system is stronger now than before I started smoking regularly... you know.. if it's THAT bad why has it improved?

You are correct about all of these chemicals helping to regulate your bodily functions, but what you don't seem to understand is that the natural plant helps these regulatory systems a positive way. That is why people who are overweight lose weight after smoking regularly, and people who are underweight are able to gain weight. I know it's difficult for you to understand, but with hundreds of these CBDs and such, they some how seem to compliment each other and create a perfect storm of benefits and healing for hundreds of conditions.

Checkout In Pot We Trust. I know you don't like anecdotal evidence, but until we have a fair system of testing this substance in this country you're going to have to deal with it.

M House
12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Well after doing a bit of further research, seems CB1s have some tie in to the duodenum. Researched quite a bit of neuro-endocrine systems that tie into digestion before but nothing ever came up that would perhaps link greater hormonal axis like the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal(hpa axis) and the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal(hpg axis). Cool... makes alot of sense organic plant compounds would impact your digestive in terms of natural feedback. Actually that could make for some interesting testing involving THCs and yeah there's even a few derived drugs already aimed at this kinda stuff in Canada. Maybe cannabinoidic receptors allow you to naturally accommodate and balance hormones when faced with different diets. Okay THC deserves a second chance in my mind for different reason, wonder what exactly you'd wanna do to specifically test this? Got some ideas? Maybe there can be a bit of a compromise here, unfortunately this is the US though.

dannno
12-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Okay THC deserves a second chance in my mind for different reason, wonder what exactly you'd wanna do to specifically test this? Got some ideas? Maybe there can be a bit of a compromise here, unfortunately this is the US though.

I have lots of ideas if it were legal :cool:

M House
12-04-2008, 02:38 PM
I wasn't talking about just making legal... Maybe you know could figure out something from a technical standpoint to justify it?

dannno
12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I wasn't talking about just making legal... Maybe you know could figure out something from a technical standpoint to justify it?

Well I'd like to hear from a technical standpoint why it should be illegal.

Wasn't it the cotton and timber industry that was funding the anti-marijuana propaganda that made it illegal in the first place? Wasn't it through lies, racism, deceit and distortion that they scared the public into making it illegal? I have seen actual films where they said that cannabis was worse than heroin. Do you know anything about heroin?

Then there's Nixon...

"You know, it's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob? What is the matter with them? I suppose it is because most of them are psychiatrists." - Richard Nixon

Did you know that Nixon appointed a commission to study marijuana (the same way the Bush admin appointed the 9/11 Commission) and the commission came back with the recommendation to decriminalize? Then Nixon completely ignored the Commission and put the substance in the most dangerous category, Schedule I substance with NO medicinal benefits..

There is no reason this substance should be illegal.

M House
12-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Ugh whatever man that sounds a bit regurgitated, I know Nixon what a shitty guy and president. When the best you can come up with is something like that how to do you plan to even relate to people. Okay look if you could import a commercial drug, study in detail how it regulates HPA and HPG axis hormones you'd have like the greatest justification around. Seriously you can test that kinda shit with regular blood tests. There just aren't many of systems that potentially have hypothalamic link to your digestive track. Be also aware studying this is probably not gonna show everything you like or want. Seriously how would you justify smoking pot if your pregnant and you find out it impacts your HPG axis. I mean that system regulates and determines the health of your pregnancy. You might also find it's like alcohol or something small amount aka beneficial, large amount=just like alcohol and cigarettes.

M House
12-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Truly fucking sad CB1s and CB2s have implications in the immunoregulation of certain parts of the intestine. Already found several studies on mice. Well whatever science is bad right, silly maybe alot of the damage ulcerative colitus/IBD provides could be preventable with that simple tab of Cannabinol you knocked. Maybe even they'd be more effective combined with existing meds that then effect the entire enteric to gut interaction aka vagal stimulation(TCA-tricylic antidepressants) and maybe even some anti histamines.

orafi
12-04-2008, 04:06 PM

whateva girlfreeennnn

tmosley
12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
No, it's because it doesn't give the same benefits as the real stuff.

I like how you seem to be running dozens of clinical trials and putting out all this great data.

Oh, or are you just talking out of your ass?

Sorry to come off like a jerk, but unless you are doing systematic trials, you can't really say that this works, while that doesn't, or that this is a poison, while that's a symptom of something else. You can only say that "this worked for me, but that didn't" or "that worked for me and several people that I know" or "some random guy on the internet trying to sell me something told me that this worked, and I believed him rather than the entire scientific community, who didn't want to sell me anything".

*Edit* I should note that I am totally ok with using weed for any purpose, including recreation, and am 100% opposed to the drug laws of the US, and I further think that cannabis is misclassified as a controlled substance with no medical benefit.

M House
12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Is the stuff you can purchase from Canada any good? like:

http://www.hempusa.org/

Probably after looking up more information about the plant and its compounds, I have no idea how you could exactly make the plant 100% THC free. Kinda interesting thing there you outta get it maybe they simply did something creative to get the THC to convert into another cannabinoid compound. Heck they could probably even pass it off even if it's another THC chemical since that's actually really specific the way we view it legally (sorta delta 9 tetrahydroncannabinol). This would be cool as it means it more less has the same compounds as any other Cannabis sativa.

DamianTV
12-05-2008, 01:32 AM
I have a suggestion for a test:

Lets do like the indians did. Lets find a wild animal, any wild animal, with cancer. Then lets observe what they do in the wild to cure their own cancer. Indians did the same thing. Some roots of some plants act as pain killers, other plants and roots have different effects. We all have a very bad habit of talking a lot but not listening. It would also be interesting to introduce natural sources of vitamin B-17 into the animals enviornment and see if they eat that stuff, since its sooooooo toxic.

Aratus
12-05-2008, 08:59 AM
DamianTV --- very good point!!!

M House
12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Well that seems a bit random but not necessarily a bad idea. You could give a mouse who had cancer or one of the autoimmune diseases a choice between a few cannabinoid compounds to ingest. Personally to me though that seems like it might be a bit of a waste, since human biology to certain extent is fairly unique. I also don't like needlessly killing animals of any kind if I see little benefit to the research.

Well I've kept looking up, I wasn't totally accurate about some of the cannabinoid compounds yesterday surprised nobody corrected a couple statements. Well if that Tmosley guy is around I think he could explain the stuff better. He's like a professional chemist and all.
-THC=Delta-9, Delta-8, has metabolites
-Cannabidiol (CBD)=high in all Cannabis Sativa(this would include Hemp), Isomer-THC
-Cannabinol (CBN)=oxidized THC
Drug wise they've had a couple things on the market already unfortunately it's really confusing.
-There was a synthetic cannabinoid
-There was also a THC pill or something maybe Marinol?
-There's now Sativex(GW pharmaceuticals) it's having a hard time getting approval here though it might be available somewhere. It's a mixture of THC/CBD. Tends to get lumped in with medicinal marijuana but that's not helping with it's availability.

Also looked up alot about the systems these compounds effect, I'd say alot of what is said about it is inaccurate. I see no reason it doesn't have the potential to be highly addictive or damaging to some systems. It literally operates on alot of the same circuits that many of those "hard drugs" do. Likewise it seems to have many unique properties that are potentially very beneficial.

Todd
12-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I have a suggestion for a test:

Lets do like the indians did. Lets find a wild animal, any wild animal, with cancer. Then lets observe what they do in the wild to cure their own cancer. Indians did the same thing. Some roots of some plants act as pain killers, other plants and roots have different effects. We all have a very bad habit of talking a lot but not listening. It would also be interesting to introduce natural sources of vitamin B-17 into the animals enviornment and see if they eat that stuff, since its sooooooo toxic.

Can you provide a link to this phenomena? I would love to read more about it. I'm a firm believer in the medicinal purposes of these banned substances.

Zippyjuan
12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Indians can tell what animals have cancer? Did they give them medical exams and then re-release them? How do you identify for what purpose an animal is eating something? How do you know that one certain item they were eating "cured" them and what did not? How do you know they were indeed cured?

dannno
12-05-2008, 01:34 PM
maybe alot of the damage ulcerative colitus/IBD provides could be preventable with that simple tab of Cannabinol you knocked.

Actually I mixed up cannabinol with marinol, I apologize.

dannno
12-05-2008, 01:37 PM
It would also be interesting to introduce natural sources of vitamin B-17 into the animals enviornment and see if they eat that stuff, since its sooooooo toxic.

My cat freaks out when I get out the B17 (raw apricot pits), I put out a little piece for him and he totally attacks it like it's a piece of steak or a mouse.. then eats a little bit and usually leaves some behind.

M House
12-06-2008, 01:57 PM
My top choices:

Insomnia: Mendocino Purps

Appetite or stomach problems: Maui Wowie

Depression: Blue Dot

Chronic pain: Trainwreck

Relax your muscles: MK Ultra or Sonoma Coma

Notice "cannabinol" is not in there anywhere.

Okay Danno tell me about this Maui Wowie. Chem mix, breeding whatever you got. Just don't tell me it's super cool or something. I was reading forum and a woman was talking about how she got relief from her Ulcerative Colitus with Marinol. She mentioned it worked particularly well with some of the nausea. Her response was better with higher fat content foods. Depending of the content of foods you digest hormone release changes. This makes alot of sense looking at the CB receptor study's in rats and probably involves CCK release a common hormone. Lo and behold there's similar research into this going on now. This also hits back to the vagus which is involved in nerve arcs, heart rate, vomiting, and I feel syncing digestive process. It's like the only major parasympathetic off the lower brain connected to many things.

M House
12-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Um never mind I read a discussion about it and I guess it's an old Sativa strain. Hearing how it's origin is legendary, Hawaii, moon, 60's, 70's, whatever, extinct, not extinct, possibly family tree, birth right, and where it was at great moments in history. Made me feel violent, agitated and wanna tern to life of hard drugs, crime, and life on the street.