PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis to rename street after Barack Obama.

scholarpreneur
12-04-2008, 12:01 PM
He's not even president yet and we're naming streets after him?

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=161705&catid=3

KSDK -- A St. Louis alderman wants a stretch of Delmar Boulevard named for President-elect Barack Obama.

Alderman Kacie Starr Triplett of the city's 6th Ward plans to introduce legislation Friday that would honorarily designate Delmar Boulevard as "Barack Obama Boulevard." The stretch to be renamed runs from Tucker Boulevard to the city's western edge.

In a press release, Triplett called the naming an "excellent opportunity to acknowledge one of our nation's truly transformational leaders." She added, "His words united people of every race, religion and background. It is my hope that this symbolic act in St. Louis will be an important step toward fostering that same unity and partnership in our great city."

Triplett said four other city aldermen have signed on as co-sponsors of the legislation.
KSDK

The One
12-04-2008, 12:08 PM
I can hear it now......"I live at 2103 Barrack Obama Boulevard."

PatriotLegion
12-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Lame.... :rolleyes:

At least wait for him to do............something!

RonPaulFever
12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
The section of Delmar that I've driven on runs through a nasty ghetto, but then again that's true for most of St. Louis....

Jeremy
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM
I think I threw up in my mouth after reading such a bogus and cheesy explanation.

tropicangela
12-05-2008, 03:03 PM
:rolleyes:

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-05-2008, 03:05 PM
well I believe a school in New York has renamed itself after Obama. I myself have jumped on the Obama bandwagon, I left something in the toilet earlier that I named Obama but sadly I had to flush it.

torchbearer
12-05-2008, 03:06 PM
were people this crazy about hitler... and if not, would that mean Obama will be that much worse?

QueenB4Liberty
12-06-2008, 12:08 AM
I doubt there are any streets named after Hitler...