PDA

View Full Version : Senate Hearing on Auto Bailouts

TruthisTreason
12-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Dodd says, "Give them the money or I'll scare you to death"!
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/11/02/t1home.dodd.gi.jpg

TruthisTreason
12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Fox Business Channel keeps giving shots of "UAW" workers watching the hearings. I've got a question: Are they getting paid 40 bucks an hour to watch the television or build cars? :p

HOLLYWOOD
12-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Dodd says, "Give them the money or I'll scare you to death"!
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/images/11/02/t1home.dodd.gi.jpg

Give them the money or "I won't EVER STOP YAKKIN!

That POS Senator Chris Dodd should be in Prison... for life, with a frigin muzzle on that mouth! (So he can't hear himself yelp!)

heavenlyboy34
12-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Give them the money or "I won't EVER STOP YAKKIN!

That POS Senator Chris Dodd should be in Prison... for life, with a frigin muzzle on that mouth! (So he can't hear himself yelp!)

I think it would be better if he just gave back the money he's stolen from taxpayers over the years. ;):)

cheapseats
12-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Alan Mulally of Ford said, in one breath, that Ford has no liquidity problems and, in the very next breath, said they'd like a NINE BILLION DOLLAR bridge loan anyway.

Keith Wandell, President of Johnson Controls ($38b in sales in 2008) has just played the card that will undoubtedly secure the loot that the Detroit Robber Barons crave. He says that the fallout from any one of their failures will fall disproportionately on small businesses owned by women and minorities.

Fine time to pretend to give a shit about them.

TruthisTreason
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
This stuff isn't made for TV, it doesn't come off as believable. :o

cheapseats
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
JUST SAY NO
20 Nov 2008

Car people are nothing, if not salesmen.

NO. It stands alone as a complete sentence.

Salesmen know how to take NO for an answer.

The three Super Salesmen who flew into Washington on private jets to cajole Congress for billions of dollars Gimme Money for Detroit should be told in no uncertain terms NO, NO and NO.

Roll the tape to hear Senator Corker (R-TN) ask about their overseas EXPANSION.

Yeah, well, that’s ’cause we’re making money overseas. Duh, explain the Automakers Extraordinaire.

Can’t you transfer the needed funds from your overseas Money Makers to your stateside Losers?

Yeah, well, we’re expecting those operations to be affected as the crisis Goes Global.

Ah, so they want ANTICIPATORY protection?

Us, too.

Many of our personal financial woes are expected to worsen in 2009.

By Detroit Logic, for those of us whose portfolios have already taken a 40% hit and who apprehend additional setbacks in 2009, the Government should either waive our tax bills or bail us out. We are gratified that Hank the Bank has learned what we already knew, that it will not much help us if he buys stock in our devalued assets. We, too, prefer straight cash infusions.

What the hell kind of way is this to run a business OR a country? If THIS is our Change, if THIS is our new direction then, by all means, run the country like Detroit…it practically guarantees Gridlock. Gridlock is hell, as a rule. But if the options that lie ahead are a multi-car pile-up or driving off a cliff, Gridlock is Grace.

It defies Reason that the only people in Washington who know what they’re doing are up to no good, but it also defies Reason to ignore evidence.

Defiers R Us.

http://peaceandcarats.com/

coyote_sprit
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Keith Wandell, President of Johnson Controls ($38b in sales in 2008) has just played the card that will undoubtedly secure the loot that the Detroit Robber Barons crave. He says that the fallout from any one of their failures will fall disproportionately on small businesses owned by women and minorities.

I guess we better give them the money.

cheapseats
12-04-2008, 03:47 PM
DETROIT CAN KISS MY AIRBAG
21 November 2008

Does anyone even do a cost analysis of how much it will cost in unemployment benefits if we let Losers go belly up vs. how much it will cost in bailout bucks?

Hard to say, right? That would be because…as we see have seen with TARP (Tyrannical Avarice Rendered Policy), it’s kinda open ended. In the same way that Hank the Bank Paulson “learned” that buying crappy assets doesn’t fix anything, we will find that continuing to prop up Losers and overlook Liars will not restore vibrancy to the American economy.

Propping up Losers and overlooking Liars = American Exceptionalism?

Only in America.

AMERICAN LABOR IS NOT OPTIMALLY ALLOCATED. A certain portion of Labor would benefit most from relocation funds and unemployment benefits to see them through the transition. I can’t remember where I once read that the Top Three Traumas in Life are Marriage, Divorce and Moving. If we’re leaving Death out as one of the Biggies, yep, Moving is right up there. But that is the stuff of Adjustment, of Life. The bigger problem is that it is prohibitively expensive for most people to pick up stakes. Living month to month is bondage, and now we learn that just all KINDS of Employers don’t have the next few payrolls banked?

Who the hell is minding these stores?

A company so close to the edge that imminent payroll is dodgy doesn’t seem like a very good investment bet, PARTICULARLY with prevailing management. Ya really can’t have this both ways. Either the business itself is no longer viable, or the management sucks.

IT IS NEW INDUSTRY THAT IS WANTED. NEW…CHANGE…NEW…CHANGE…INNOVATION…INVENTION.

BAILING OUT DETROIT IS SAME-OLD-SAME-OLD.

As I type, people are lined up…LINED UP…to buy the latest and greatest Blackerry. Latest and greatest since a few months ago, that is.

Is that our plan for bailing out the economy, then? The people who can afford to replace gadgetry like $400 phones shall do so more frequently? Genius. Like manufacturing printers that lose money, but making money on the ink cartridges.

I’ll tell you what would be genius…legislating that manufacturers must provide for the recycling and/or disposal of their “obsolete” models.

What we don’t need are more bells and whistles on high-priced gizmos for people whose last high-priced gizmos were several levels beyond Average America’s familiarity much less mastery.

We need to bring more of America’s Middle Class Labor, which is CLEARLY no longer rightly positioned or trained for the tasks at hand, up to fifteen-minutes-ago technological speed.

Singlehandedly, even before ample corroborating opinion, I have experience aplenty that supports the admonition never to say never. I am nevertheless inclined to say that, in this lifetime, everybody will never be on the same page at the same time. Forget about singing Kumbaya. But let us DO get everybody into the same generation of User Manuals.

http://peaceandcarats.com/