PDA

View Full Version : The virus of Liberalism

cska80
12-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Interests: social change, justice, drug policy reform, activism, reading, music, learning, teaching, ameliorating harm, accepting suffering for the sake of the cause, walking, backrubs, Kingian nonviolence, conservation, curbing consumption, photography, civil disobedience, vegan/vegetarian cuisine, cuddling, writing letters to the editor, activist judges, hating freedom, lots of questions, few answers, girls

The 'interests' area on Facebook of an old high school friend who used to be one of my best friends. He was a brilliant guy. Look what 4 years of college and 2 years of working for a nonprofit group in D.C. has done to him. Hating freedom? How could you ever reach someone as far gone as this?

mediahasyou
12-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Hating freedom??? WTF.

Truth Warrior
12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Some are just lost causes, move on. :(

Danke
12-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Interests: social change, justice, drug policy reform, activism, reading, music, learning, teaching, ameliorating harm, accepting suffering for the sake of the cause, walking, backrubs, Kingian nonviolence, conservation, curbing consumption, photography, civil disobedience, vegan/vegetarian cuisine, cuddling, writing letters to the editor, activist judges, hating freedom, lots of questions, few answers, girls

The 'interests' area on Facebook of an old high school friend who used to be one of my best friends. He was a brilliant guy. Look what 4 years of college and 2 years of working for a nonprofit group in D.C. has done to him. Hating freedom? How could you ever reach someone as far gone as this?

Nah, I'm sure he is the same old friend you once knew.

Reread what he wrote (on a social network site for a guy who lives in D.C.)

...he's just trying to get laid.

mrwiizrd
12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
holy toledo, hating freedom? I am speechless.

mczerone
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Hating freedom??? WTF.

My "give him the benefit of the doubt" reading of this means that he wants a relationship. He doesn't like the freedom of being single.

I don't think even the biggest of loyalist tools would admit to hating freedom.

cska80
12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
No, he really does believe this shit. In conversations in the past few months he asked me once why I even like capitalism since I'm not rich. He's also terrible at arguments now which is a complete reversal. He went into a rant once about how terrible this country has become because of capitalism. I then described what true free markets are and when I explained that we are not truely engaging in capitalism, he did agree, but continued on as if I had never made a valid point.

The only fact about liberalism I have come to realize thus far is that those who truely believe in it are evil people. Whether or not they believe in it is another story. Ignorance, stupidity...simply to be trendy? Who knows. I do know, however, that those behind the agenda...the true believers...are evil. It is not as simple as being too stupid to realize the unintended consequences of their actions, policies, beliefs, etc. They do realize those consequences and those consequences are their true goals. The undoing of freedom and liberty. The undoing of humanity.

Zera
12-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I believe you just got trolled.

Also, going to university and the other thing don't turn you into liberals. That was the absurd part of that post to me.

Truth Warrior
12-03-2008, 07:11 PM
holy toledo, hating freedom? I am speechless.

Well at least you aren't postless. :D

NYgs23
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Um, I think "activist judges, hating freedom" probably means he's against those things, but worded it poorly. I also don't see what the problem is with "social change, justice...suffering for the sake of the cause...curbing consumption," so long as those things are promoted through voluntary means.