PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Obama Name As the New CIA Director?

Knightskye
12-03-2008, 03:53 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/03/us/politics/03intel.html?adxnnl=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&adxnnlx=1228298941-Mz1jw2IUked0A/1+Ai6gZg

Who will it be?

Or will he keep Hayden there, like he did with Robert Gates?

He'd have a lot of angry liberals if he picked a neocon.

Of course, we'd all love to see that, wouldn't we? :D

And what if he named Ron Paul?

Kludge
12-03-2008, 04:08 AM
Of course, we'd all love to see that, wouldn't we? :D?

No... Choosing "conservative" cabinet members and agency heads means he's probably serious about "change" and will use his image as a centrist to make it seem like his change is a compromise generous to conservatives.

Knightskye
12-05-2008, 01:34 AM
No... Choosing "conservative" cabinet members and agency heads means he's probably serious about "change" and will use his image as a centrist to make it seem like his change is a compromise generous to conservatives.

I was talking about all the liberals getting angry and posting angry articles on HuffPo.

But yeah, it would be bad for policy.

Would it help, though, for the 2012 (and maybe 2010) races if he appointed all these guys and acted like just another politician?

Also, I think it's a little odd how much these guys (Obama, Biden, Clinton, Richardson) argued during the campaign, but now they're all buddy-buddy in the (soon-to-be) administration.

Aratus
12-05-2008, 08:22 AM
second question... if colin powell is now an advisor, given his support
of obama at a critical phase of the campaign, does obama weigh his
opinions greatly in terms of whether to keep the current cia chief or not?

Deborah K
12-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Michael Scheuer would be a good choice.

Aratus
12-07-2008, 10:49 AM
on the heels of me realizing connie rice is happily knowing hillary C. is soon to be sec' of state and didst quip with approval... :cool: i read this story there...
http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=hsnews-000002993910&cpage=2

Aratus
12-07-2008, 10:53 AM
like gates remaining in defense, as kerry is in the wings, does hayden remain until sen. bradley
can step in grandly? is barack obama being careful about any changes? obama can be cautious
with that which now is other than the traditional that reeks of party hack, payola and hog trough!
as g.w bush can be neatly contrasted with harding, nixon, hoover...and finally andrew johnson!!!

Aratus
12-07-2008, 11:05 AM
the obstinate and mayhap hypothetically contrary, often argumentative 17th potus in retirement often wondered in bewilderment at the carte blanche handed to gen'l grant. ---g.w bush sees his opinion poll ratings dip as he seems teflon on all corruption raps--- there is a bright spot
...at least connie rice approves of hillary's arrival...

Knightskye
12-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Michael Scheuer would be a good choice.

Yeah, he would be pretty good.

Though he did say Israel wasn't worth an American soldier or an American dollar (on Real Time with Bill Maher).

Cinderella
12-08-2008, 03:24 PM
santa

Knightskye
12-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Hah, what if he picks Mike Huckabee?

bojo68
12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
guessing by the type of friends he's picked all through his life, I'm thinking maybe he'd like Charles Manson...:)