PDA

View Full Version : ALRIGHT Tapped out! $2250 almost can't do anymore!! So I have a new plan!

mavtek
09-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Thank you for your generous donation of $250.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

Well ok guys that's it, I'm in for $2250! I'm nearly maxed out!

But!!!!! I want to donate more! How can I do it while spreading the word? I figured out a way!

http://www.prosper.com

Ok here goes I along with other prosper lenders will give low interest loans to those who need to donate to the campaign! The kicker is if I send you an invite it's a free $25 to me and a free $75 to you for the loan! Not to mention if you promote Ron Paul on your listing you'll get that many more people interested!

PM with an email address to get started!

MadEmperor
09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
BAN & Delete

This is a Scam :mad:

RonPaulCult
09-09-2007, 11:21 PM
This sure seems like a scam to me. Get rid of this post!

Quantumystic
09-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Wonderful sentiment, but you need to be VERY careful about this. Especially the way you worded it.

If I had such an intention, I would've written...

"I know how hard many of you have been working to help out the campaign. And that some of you may have even taken on financial burdens in contributing that you have, ONLY because of your great belief in the importance of this candidacy.

Because you have made this difficult choice, some of us want to help you w/ your other financial burdens. Those burdens made more difficult because of the hard earned money you CHOSE to donate, rather than spend on yourselves.

We too believe in the importance of Ron Paul's candidacy. And we wish to see anyone who has sacrificed to contribute to this crutial moment in American History have the security in knowing that their efforts were not in vain.

We are prepared to offer privately held loans at a nominal fee to help you stay on top of your homeowner expenses, as you make financial adjustments after having made your contributions.

Fighting for American Democracy should not become a financial sacrifice just because you don't happen to be rich.

We want to help."

American
09-09-2007, 11:30 PM
WOW, free markets at work......lol

SCAM!!!

happyphilter
09-09-2007, 11:30 PM
id rather sell my shoes then take out a loan to donate...
really if you cant find the money get it another way, I just don't see loans as a good investment to anyone.

trispear
09-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Wait, what is the scam? He's loaning out money out to others so they can afford to donate...

Is he charging too much interest, usury, or something?

RoamZero
09-09-2007, 11:45 PM
If you are tapped out on your limit then just give money to friends that support Ron Paul but dont have much cash to donate so they can donate instead. Or is that illegal?

mavtek
09-09-2007, 11:46 PM
WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLOW DOWN THE F$CKING SCAM SH!T!!!

Prosper.com is no scam!! If you put a Ron Paul loan out there I will bid it at as low as interest rate allowed!!

JUST PM me 1st and that way I can either know about the loan or do a referral and get you and me some money!! If you don't want me or you to have the free money then whatever PM me and I'll bid on your loan!

If you don't know anything about prosper than research it! I've made a lot of money on prosper and I've also helped alot of people! It's no scam!!

Keep in mind if you pay off the loan within the 1st 2 months you pay virtually no interest or fees, to me this gets the message out to other people who use prosper too!

mavtek
09-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Wonderful sentiment, but you need to be VERY careful about this. Especially the way you worded it.

If I had such an intention, I would've written...

"I know how hard many of you have been working to help out the campaign. And that some of you may have even taken on financial burdens in contributing that you have, ONLY because of your great belief in the importance of this candidacy.

Because you have made this difficult choice, some of us want to help you w/ your other financial burdens. Those burdens made more difficult because of the hard earned money you CHOSE to donate, rather than spend on yourselves.

We too believe in the importance of Ron Paul's candidacy. And we wish to see anyone who has sacrificed to contribute to this crutial moment in American History have the security in knowing that their efforts were not in vain.

We are prepared to offer privately held loans at a nominal fee to help you stay on top of your homeowner expenses, as you make financial adjustments after having made your contributions.

Fighting for American Democracy should not become a financial sacrifice just because you don't happen to be rich.

We want to help."

You're are absolutely correct! I'm sorry I let my enthusiasm take over!

If this is the reaction I get though then wow, I'm not sure what to think of it!

tekkierich
09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
I also am a prosper investor. I think it is an awesome idea. I mean you could as well place $2300 on your credit card balance. A loan through Prosper is just another way to skin the cat.

I however am in Prosper to make money. I have very stringent lending standards with a rather small investment pot.

mavtek
09-10-2007, 12:12 AM
I also am a prosper investor. I think it is an awesome idea. I mean you could as well place $2300 on your credit card balance. A loan through Prosper is just another way to skin the cat.

I however am in Prosper to make money. I have very stringent lending standards with a rather small investment pot.

Thanks I thought it was a great idea too, but everyone thinks I'm a scam artist! Wonder if I should completely try the post all over again?

American
09-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Or an even better idea is tell a friend about Ron Paul and have them donate to RP campaign, its new money and you didnt have to borrow it to make it happen.

my 2 cents

DjLoTi
09-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Chill out, it's not a scam. He's just trying to help out. Chill out

RonPaulCult
09-10-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry I called it a scam - it just looked like a duck and quacked like a duck

DjLoTi
09-10-2007, 12:35 AM
then don't do it, lol

r3volution
09-10-2007, 12:39 AM

mavtek
09-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Or an even better idea is tell a friend about Ron Paul and have them donate to RP campaign, its new money and you didnt have to borrow it to make it happen.

my 2 cents

Trust me I keep trying!! Everyday!!

EVERYDAY!!!!

mavtek
09-10-2007, 05:12 AM
not a scam , but stupid . only my opinion because i think credit is a scam but acceptable in this society .

Ok, well not sure what to tell you there. I think our government is a scam, but acceptable in our society and I'm trying to fix that. I guess you don't find it a worthy enough cause to use "the credit scam" to help fix the government, but you will use the "government scam" to fix the government.

I don't think prosper is stupid for the shear reason it allows individuals to control the loan market versus central bankers who have little to no morals.

blazin_it_alwyz
09-10-2007, 06:41 AM
I say, if you have already maxed out, take your money and put it to good uses.

For example, use the money to buy materials and banners and stuff.

If you really want to donate, you could always buy a massive amount of Ron Paul stuff, and give it free of charge to whoever wanted it. Like buy 1000 slim jims, or 1000 bumper sticker, or 1000 rEVOLution shirts, or 100 big banners......or use any extra money you have to air a Ron Paul commercial on TV, or maybe donate your money for that Ron Paul airplane idea, or have a professional artist paint your car so the whole car is covered in a Ron Paul logo, or throw an event somewhere, and just mention Ron Paul as the reason behind the event or something to that extent.....

Or donate the money to some of these up and coming websites that support Ron Paul..... I can think of plenty uses for extra money you have, the biggest one being to donate for Commercials...

constituent
09-10-2007, 06:50 AM
mavtek... check out my shop freedom thread...

if you believe in the entrepreneurial spirit that has made this
country great, then that idea is a much better way of going
about it...

SHOP FREEDOM! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16752&highlight=SHOP+FREEDOM)

i could use some help developing this plan out further, largely b/c
i dont have anyway of guaging how many customers/retailers
are interested so it is kinda flying blind, and i could very much
use some help getting it off of the ground.

mavtek
09-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Maybe I'll just convince one of my friends on prosper to create a loan as such and I'll create a Ron Paul supporters group.