PDA

View Full Version : Bio attack by "Terrorists" expected within next five years

James Madison
12-02-2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/02/terror.report/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

polomertz
12-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Be scared. Live the rest of your life in fear and do whatever your government tells you to do.

I love how these articles always say things as, "America needs to help rid the world of nuclear & biological weapons." They never add that the simplest & most logical way to do that is to STOP MAKING THEM.

dannno
12-02-2008, 03:39 PM
I love how these articles always say things as, "America needs to help rid the world of nuclear & biological weapons." They never add that the simplest & most logical way to do that is to STOP MAKING THEM.

I was just watching an old clip of Hannity interviewing Ron Paul after the Guilianni 9/11 debate fiasco.. Hannity asked if we had a moral obligation to go help get rid of this tyrant who was doing all these horrible things like gassing the Kurds. Ron Paul said that stuff happens all the time and we never do anything. Then Hannity kept moaning on about gassing the Kurds, and Ron Paul said two things:

a) We didn't do anything when he gassed the Kurds (in fact I believe we were supporting him at the time)

b) We gave them the gas!!

dannno
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Biological weapons "are more available," he said. "Anthrax is a natural product of dead animals. Other serious pathogens are available in equally accessible forms."

I did not know that.

James Madison
12-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I did not know that.

Antrhax is a naturally occuring bacteria in a lot of mammals intestines though I'm 99% sure humans are not one of them. But we do have a lot of bacteria living within our bodies; bacteria that if we didn't have we'd be dead. Anyways, anthrax is one of the worst micro-organisms to use as a biological weapon. It's not easily spread from person to person and unless you come into EXTREMELY close contact with the bacteria (i.e. close enough to inhale it) the disease is quite treatable. Obviously, the pneumatic infection is basically a death sentence but about 5-10% of victims make a full-recovery. An infection on the skin can also occur as well as in the intestinal tract. These are easily treated with antibiotics. Just some info I thought you guys might find interesting.

James Madison
12-03-2008, 06:42 AM
Bump.