PDA

View Full Version : This Ron Paul project is going to scriptlance.com tomorow. Last minute suggestions?

theantirobot
09-09-2007, 10:12 PM
RonPauSmartMob.Org is to be a web application which enables users to organize spontaneous meet ups in real time.

Users have access to an interactive map.
Users will submit activities with a location and time.
Users will search for activities by submitting an address and/or zip code, and radius, or using the map.
Users can join activities.
Users can comment on activities.
Users can submit links to activities. (this intended for videos/photos/blogs of the activity)
Users can comment on links.
Users can browse all activities in a list.[ACTIVITIES]
The list can be sorted with the activities occurring next first[NEXT]
The list can be sorted with newly submitted activities first[NEW]
The list can be sorted by desired number of participants[BIG]
The list can be sorted by number of participants so far[AMBITIOUS]
Users can browse all links submitted to all activities in a list.[EVIDENCE]
The list can be sorted newest first.[NEW]
The list can be sorted according to how many participants the activities had.[INFLUENCE]
The list can be sorted oldest first.[HISTORY]
BONUS: The list could be sorted with a voting mechanism.
Users can report spam.

Activities can be centralized or dispersed. When the user joins a dispersed activity, it can either join at that location, or in a new location. The other locations are all plotted on the map.

Page for each acticity:
There is a button to join the activity on this page.
There is a button to post a link to this page.
If the event is over, it displays how quickly the event was organized(time posted to time happened)
It displays when it is to occur, if it hasn't happened yet.
Displays who participated
Displays links connected to it
Displays comments

Page for each link
Displays activity it is a part of
Displays when the activity occured
Displays when the link was submitted
Displays who submitted the link
Displays comments

There is a retro looking display like from an old game always at the top.
It has the date and time (to synchronize watches!)
It shows the level, which is the number of registered users/1000 and rounded up to the nearest integer.
It shows users score, which is the number of users who joined after that user.

The number of registered users is displayed
The number of people online is displayed.

There is a somewhat discreetly placed forum.
Possibly live chat?
Feeds can be generated from searches?

wgadget
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Will it have a place to post a Ron Paul (FREE)dom Car Wash happening simultaneously all over the country?

Multiple meetup posts, in other words?

theantirobot
09-09-2007, 10:16 PM
No, It will be for coordinating the local happening of the Ron Paul (FREE)dom Car Wash. Whenever a few individuals in around the same area want to have a car wash, they can just make it happen.

Man from La Mancha
09-09-2007, 10:32 PM
What is scriptlance.com and do you know of any other websites that run like this to see what this is like? Did you develop this program or bought it?

Shatterhand
09-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Nice idea. What happened to the human billboard project? Will there ever be a national coordination to hit street corners on a certain specific day at a certain specific time? If signwavers are spread out across a town instead of concentrated on one block then wouldn't many more people see the signs?

Anyway, this new ron paul project sounds very exciting. :D :D :D :D

theantirobot
09-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Nice idea. What happened to the human billboard project? Will there ever be a national coordination to hit street corners on a certain specific day at a certain specific time? If signwavers are spread out across a town instead of concentrated on one block then wouldn't many more people see the signs?

Anyway, this new ron paul project sounds very exciting. :D :D :D :D

This is what we use to make it happen!

Shatterhand
09-09-2007, 10:59 PM
This is it how I plan on making it happen!

Sorry, Antirobot, it's been some time since the billboard project. I can't remember the details. Was the idea of the billboard project to meet up for signwaving rallies or to spread signwavers over a wide area all at once to get greater coverage?

Some people on this forum don't think much of signwaving, but I think if more people coordinated together then it could really draw a lot of attention.

theantirobot
09-09-2007, 11:06 PM
What is scriptlance.com and do you know of any other websites that run like this to see what this is like? Did you develop this program or bought it?

Scriptlance.com is a place where freelance web developers go to get work. I know there are other sites like it, but I've heard that it's the best. Does anyone know otherwise?

It will likely cost to get this thing built, and to host it. With some luck a few good web developers come along who support Ron Paul and do it for free.

I can probably afford to have it built and provide hosting, at least until it gets wildly popular. After that I'm sure it will be able to fund itself and any further innovations it wishes to add.

RonPaulCult
09-09-2007, 11:26 PM
I've used scriptlance before and it is great.

theantirobot
09-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Sorry, Antirobot, it's been some time since the billboard project. I can't remember the details. Was the idea of the billboard project to meet up for signwaving rallies or to spread signwavers over a wide area all at once to get greater coverage?

Some people on this forum don't think much of signwaving, but I think if more people coordinated together then it could really draw a lot of attention.

Originally, the idea is to spread sign wavers all over the place, one on every corner. But why limit ourselves? How about 10 on every corner! How about on one road we have one Sign holder every 10 feet for a 10 miles? The options are limitless! There are so many creative and fun ways to make our presence known and spread the name of Ron Paul, and with this site it will be effortless to organize!

Shatterhand
09-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally, the idea is to spread sign wavers all over the place, one on every corner. But why limit ourselves? How about 10 on every corner! How about on one road we have one Sign holder every 10 feet for a 10 miles? The options are limitless! There are so many creative and fun ways to make our presence known and spread the name of Ron Paul, and with this site it will be effortless to organize!

Well, thank you for putting in the time, energy, and creativity into this new Ron Paul project. This really is a revolution.