PDA

View Full Version : Zogby Poll Finds Dr. Paul More Popular Among All Voters Than GOP

Knightskye
12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/palin_zogby_poll/2008/12/01/156857.html

The interesting finding about Paul is that he is more popular among all voters than he is among Republicans, reinforcing his appeal as a potential third party candidate.

He would have done a lot better than McCain in the general election.

AJ Antimony
12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Paul would not have done better than McCain. You forget that modern day voters don't like freedom and logic.

Brad Zink
12-01-2008, 10:26 PM
If Ron Paul would have received the same amount of support from the media as Barack Obama, he probably would have won the Presidency. Of course, the special interests and the Establishment would never have let that happen.

Matt Collins
12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
You forget that modern day voters don't like freedom and logic.And neither does the media which is more important.

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/palin_zogby_poll/2008/12/01/156857.html

He would have done a lot better than McCain in the general election.

Obama would've won anyway. (IMHO) TPTB like to give the sheeple a big show, but they only let their guys win in the end. (JMHO) It would've been good for the freedom movement, tho. (free publicity!)

Anti Federalist
12-01-2008, 11:25 PM
The interesting finding about Paul is that he is more popular among all voters than he is among Republicans, reinforcing his appeal as a potential third party candidate.

Tell me again, what the benefit of "working within the GOP" is?

I forget.

Matt Collins
12-01-2008, 11:26 PM
That just proves that if he had the nomination he would've had a serious chance at winning this time around unlike McLame who had NO chance of winning.

rockandrollsouls
12-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Paul would not have done better than McCain. You forget that modern day voters don't like freedom and logic.

I think if the GOP would have embraced Paul, the party faithfuls that liked Palin in that poll would have voted for him. I don't think they'd go anywhere else...but the key here is Paul appealed more to "All" voters.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-02-2008, 04:45 AM
I think if the GOP would have embraced Paul, the party faithfuls that liked Palin in that poll would have voted for him. I don't think they'd go anywhere else...

This is so true. The party hacks on the conservative blogs (RedState, LGF, HotAir, etc.) are all bark and no bite. Many of them swore they'd never, ever vote for Giuliani, McCain or Paul....and then promptly fell lockstep behind McCain once he secured the nomination. They'd have done the exact same thing for Dr. Paul.

Take FreeRepublic.com owner Jim Robinson. Read here (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1601416/posts) what he said of McCain in March of 2006 and then read here (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2114462/posts#1) (among much more) of what he wrote of McCain in the run-up to the 2008 presidential election.

The neoconservative and uber-conservative blogs trashed Paul, but they're party kool-aiders first and foremost and if Paul had the 'R' behind his name in the general election, they'd have voted for him.

tangent4ronpaul
12-02-2008, 06:00 AM
Primary sources are good!

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1644

don't get your news pre-chewed and spun!

Among Republicans Paul got 2.9% - absolute last.

Among all voters Paul got 7.4%, beating the Ghoul with 5% and coming close to Huck with 8.0%

-t

CUnknown
12-02-2008, 10:20 AM
I must say that Huckabee probably would have been the best choice for the Republicans, as far as winning goes. Paul is the best choice as far as the country goes, of course.

paulitics
12-02-2008, 10:23 AM
If you read the Republican platform in its true sense , Ron Paul is an exact replica of it, yet only 3% of Republicans agree with the republican platform.

Matt Collins
12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
I must say that Huckabee probably would have been the best choice for the Republicans, as far as winning goes.WRONG! A "conservative" war-mongering Baptist Preacher would NOT have beat a Democrat this election.

rockandrollsouls
12-02-2008, 11:06 AM

Among all voters Paul got 7.4%, beating the Ghoul with 5% and coming close to Huck with 8.0%

-t

That's about who the voters would like "ideally." If Paul was the nominee, I am a strong believer the majority of those Republicans that wanted Palin would still vote for Paul; his appeal his he reaches across party lines.

The message of freedom is not exclusive to one party :)

mczerone
12-02-2008, 11:48 AM

I forget.

Because they have the resources, structure, mailing lists, and hordes of mindless ballot punchers.

The last is the most important.

rockandrollsouls
12-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Because they have the resources, structure, mailing lists, and hordes of mindless ballot punchers.

Yes...I strongly believe 98% of the party is composed of mindless ballot punchers...which is why I believe if Ron gets the nomination, we can rake in people from other parties!

AJ Antimony
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
And neither does the media which is more important.

The media is not more important than people. The people do the voting. Even though the media is nothing but bullshit, it's the people who decide to give the media credibility and vote accordingly.

Don't be afraid to acknowledge the entire truth--it's not the stupid media at the heart of the problem, it's the dumbshit people in this country.

Knightskye
12-03-2008, 04:19 AM

-t

I think you misunderstood the title, which is probably the only part you read.

But anyway, he did better among all voters than among GOP voters, which is what the polling information you copied and pasted proves. Other "Republican" candidates polled better among Republicans than they did with all voters.

SamuraisWisdom
12-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Give credit to Zogby for including Paul in this poll. Keep up that name recognition.

The One
12-03-2008, 11:21 AM

I forget.

I like you. Can I come live on your farm?

Knightskye
12-05-2008, 01:27 AM

Resources meaning money?

Structure meaning underpaid college interns?

How do we get access to those "mailing lists"?

Those "hordes of mindless ballot punchers" didn't seem to help BJ Lawson in North Carolina.

Matt Collins
12-05-2008, 11:09 AM
The media is not more important than people. The people do the voting. Even though the media is nothing but bullshit, it's the people who decide to give the media credibility and vote accordingly. But it's the media that leads people to draw whatever conclusions they come to. Most people base their voting decisions off of the media.

Don't be afraid to acknowledge the entire truth--it's not the stupid media at the heart of the problem, it's the dumbshit people in this country.And this is in large part to the media, government education, and a general failing of character in the US.

mudhoney
12-05-2008, 11:40 AM
The question was raised often if McCain was "conservative" enough in his voting record to get support from republicans. The GOP expected republicans to fall in line and support him in the end. I think if Ron Paul were the nominee he would have gotten a lot more Republican and independent support than McCain.

Sure plenty of republicans like to bash Ron's ideas while he doesn't support their nominee. If Ron were the nominee, however, I think they would have turned around and praised him.

Knightskye
12-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Sure plenty of republicans like to bash Ron's ideas while he doesn't support their nominee. If Ron were the nominee, however, I think they would have turned around and praised him.

I agree with that. McCain got booed when he talked about illegal immigration.

And then to the GOP it didn't seem like there was an alternative to McCain. Ron Paul got about 25% of the Republican vote anyway.

Ron Paul for Texas Governor!