PDA

View Full Version : This is "change"??

Anti Federalist
12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
The neo-cons love Obama's staff, it would seem.

Nothing "changes", the machine just keeps grinding away.

"[T]he new administration is off to a good start."
-- Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell.

"[S]uperb ... the best of the Washington insiders ... this will be a valedictocracy -- rule by those who graduate first in their high school classes."
-- David Brooks, conservative New York Times columnist

"[V]irtually perfect ... "
-- Senator Joe Lieberman, former Democrat and John McCain's top surrogate in the 2008 campaign.

"[R]eassuring."
-- Karl Rove

"I am gobsmacked by these appointments, most of which could just as easily have come from a President McCain ... this all but puts an end to the 16-month timetable for withdrawal from Iraq, the unconditional summits with dictators, and other foolishness that once emanated from the Obama campaign ... [Hillary] Clinton and [James] Steinberg at State should be powerful voices for 'neo-liberalism' which is not so different in many respects from 'neo-conservativism.'"
-- Max Boot, neoconservative activist, former McCain staffer.

"I see them as being sort of center-right of the Democratic party."
-- James Baker, former Secretary of State

"[S]urprising continuity on foreign policy between President Bush's second term and the incoming administration ... certainly nothing that represents a drastic change in how Washington does business. The expectation is that Obama is set to continue the course set by Bush ... "
-- Michael Goldfarb of the neoconservative Weekly Standard.

"I certainly applaud many of the appointments ... "
-- Senator John McCain

"So far, so good."
-- Senator Lamar Alexander, senior Republican Congressional leader.

Hillary Clinton will be "outstanding" as Secretary of State
-- Henry Kissinger

Rahm Emanuel is "a wise choice" in the role of Chief of Staff
-- Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, John McCain's best friend.

Obama's team shows "Our foreign policy is non-partisan."
-- Ed Rollins, top Republican strategist and Mike Huckabee's 2008 campaign manager

"The country will be in good hands."
-- Condoleezza Rice, George W. Bush's Secretary of State

My question for Obama voters: do you feel hoodwinked yet? (Kade, you still here...helloooooo)

Or will you drink the Kool Aid?

This is "change"? :confused:

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
It's just a different flavor of bullshit. :p;)

rp08orbust
12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Excellent post.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Yup the NWO, the welfare/warfare state, marches on.

Left step, right step...:mad:

I'm looking for Obama people to respond, I'm really curious what they have to say about this.

For eight year the "left" has been in high state of piss off at what they viewed as a "neo-con" snowjob over Iraq, the WoT and the imperial presidency.

Now, the same people, the same policies, the same wars are all staying in place.

Just like us "negative Nellies" said it would.

tonesforjonesbones
12-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I know...I'm laffin every day at the democrats lol...roflmao.

"Americans were tired of the world thinking they were dumb, so they went to the polls on November 4 and removed all doubt. "

Chester Copperpot
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I know...I'm laffin every day at the democrats lol...roflmao.

"Americans were tired of the world thinking they were dumb, so they went to the polls on November 4 and removed all doubt. "

Oops.. I caught you.. You forgot to end your post with "Tones"

Now you must initiate self-destruct sequence.

tonesforjonesbones
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
oh wow...tones.

LittleLightShining
12-01-2008, 12:53 PM

"[S]uperb ... the best of the Washington insiders ... this will be a valedictocracy -- rule by those who graduate first in their high school classes."

-- Senator Joe Lieberman, former Democrat and John McCain's top surrogate in the 2008 campaign.

"[R]eassuring."
-- Karl Rove

"I am gobsmacked by these appointments, most of which could just as easily have come from a President McCain ... this all but puts an end to the 16-month timetable for withdrawal from Iraq, the unconditional summits with dictators, and other foolishness that once emanated from the Obama campaign ... [Hillary] Clinton and [James] Steinberg at State should be powerful voices for 'neo-liberalism' which is not so different in many respects from 'neo-conservativism.'"

"[S]urprising continuity on foreign policy between President Bush's second term and the incoming administration ... certainly nothing that represents a drastic change in how Washington does business. The expectation is that Obama is set to continue the course set by Bush ... "

-- Senator John McCain

"So far, so good."

-- Henry Kissinger

-- Ed Rollins, top Republican strategist and Mike Huckabee's 2008 campaign manager

My question for Obama voters: do you feel hoodwinked yet? (Kade, you still here...helloooooo)

This is "change"? :confused:I was thinking about Kade this morning. I really am interested in his perspective.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I copied all the quotes and sent them out in an email asking my friends (who come from all different political ideologies) what they think. I'll post the responses as they come.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I was thinking about Kade this morning. I really am interested in his perspective.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I copied all the quotes and sent them out in an email asking my friends (who come from all different political ideologies) what they think. I'll post the responses as they come.

Not at all, please do.

I'm curious to see what they say as well.

gls
12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Forwarded to all my friends and family who remain under the delusion that there is a dime's worth of difference between Obama and Bush.

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Who will fill Rove's shoes?:confused:

Truth Warrior
12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Sure it's change, NO previous Kenyan POTUS. :D :p

HOLLYWOOD
12-01-2008, 04:30 PM
100 Million voting FOOLS!

Ignorance is Bliss!

Birds of a feather...

If told enough times... the people will "learn" to enjoy eating more Shyt Sandwiches from John Boehner and Congress

ingrid
12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
President-elect Barack Obama essentially said Wednesday that he is the change, striving to assure Americans that he'll shake up Washington despite filling his administration with old hands from the Clinton administration and the capital's corridors of power.

"Understand where the vision for change comes from, first and foremost," Obama said. "It comes from me. That's my job, is to provide a vision in terms of where we are going, and to make sure, then, that my team is implementing."

Obama made the remarks as he tapped another old Washington hand — this one former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker , as a top economic adviser — and prepared to name his former rival, Sen. Hillary Clinton , D- N.Y. , as secretary of state next week.

As a presidential candidate, Obama's central theme was that he'd change the way politics and the government work, and suggested that it'd take a fresh, outsider approach to do that. "Change doesn't come from Washington ," he said. "Change comes to Washington ."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20081126/pl_mcclatchy/3110268_1

LittleLightShining
12-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I've only gotten a couple of responses so far. And they're from my fellow RP patriots so I don't have anything shocking or mindblowingly hilarious or scary to share yet.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Quick, someone ask the douchebag Kostards what they think. Bet they've dunked their whole head into the Kool-Aid bowl.

JK/SEA
12-02-2008, 02:40 PM

"[R]eassuring."
-- Karl Rove

-- Senator John McCain

"So far, so good."

-- Henry Kissinger

This is "change"? :confused:

The 'honeymoon will be over soon, also, they don't want to 'appear' racist.

James Madison
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM

A little less bull and a little more shit, if you ask me. :D

lucius
12-02-2008, 03:30 PM
I was thinking about Kade this morning. I really am interested in his perspective.

I was thinking the same thing. He was by far my favorite Utopian Dreamer. Interesting to have his newfound perspective on this faux 'changing of the guard.'

'Colonel' Edward Mandell House had it pegged over 95 years ago.

dannno
12-02-2008, 03:35 PM
"Understand where the vision for change comes from, first and foremost," Obama said. "It comes from me. That's my job, is to provide a vision in terms of where we are going, and to make sure, then, that my team is implementing."

Man, I almost keeled over when I heard him say that on the radio.. I wanted to post it here, anybody have the audio?

The other option is just to say the quote in the Obama voice in your head, and the quote sounds much different than it looks.

cheapseats
12-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I am Same.
Same I am.

That Same-I-am!
That Same-I-am!
I do not like that Same-I-am!

Do you like Reform and Change?

I do not like them, Same-I-am.
I do not like Reform and Change.

Would you like them here and now?

I would not like them here and now.
I would not like them anyhow.

Would you like them in the House?
Would you like them with a mouse?

I do not like them in the House.
I do not like them with a mouse.
I do not like them here and now.
I do now like them anyhow.

Would you like them on the Hill?
Would you like them with a pill?

Not on the Hill.
Not with a pill.
Not in the House.
Not with a mouse.
I would not like them here and now.
I would not like them anyhow.
I would not like Reform and Change.

Would you? Could you? In a car?
Try them! Try them! Here they are.

I would not, could not, in a car.

You may like them.
You will see.
You may like them in a tree!

More regulations for every tree.
To crap carmakers, free money.
But Changes not upon the Hill.
I do not like them with a pill.

A train! A plane! Of course, a horse!
Could you, would you, with remorse?

Not on a train! Not on a plane!
Not on a horse with flowing mane!
I would not, could not, on the Hill.
I could not, would not, with a pill.
I will not pass them with a mouse.
I will not pass them from the House.
I will not pass them here and now.
I will not pass them anyhow.
I do not pass Reform and Change.

Say! In the dark? Without the press?
Would you, could you, in recess?

I would not, could not, in recess.

Would you, could you, in the rain?

I would not, could not, in the rain.
Not in the dark. Not on a train.
For cars and trees a generous hand
But no big Changes, Same-I-am.
Not in the House. Not on the Hill.
Not with a mouse. Not with a pill.
I will not pass them here and now.
I do not like them anyhow!

You do not like Reform and Change?

I do not like them Same-I-am.

Could you, would you, with a goat?

I would not, could not, with a goat!

Would you, could you, on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.
I will not, will not, with a goat.
I will not pass them in the rain.
I will not pass them on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let me be!
I do not like reform and change.

You do not like them. So you say.
Try them! Try them! And you may.
Try them and you may, I say.

Same! If you will let me be
I will try them. You will see.

<at which point, the heretofore tormented hero
bravely sinks his teeth into Reform and Change>

Say!
I like Reform and Change!
I do! I like them, Same-I-Am.
And I would like them on a boat.
And I would like them with a goat.
And I will like them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
Changes are so good, you see!
So I will like them from the Hill.
And I will like them with a pill.
And I will like them from the House.
And I will like them with a mouse.
And I will like them here and now.
Say! I will like them ANYHOW!

I do so like Reform and Change!
Thank you! Thank you, Same-I-Am.

http://rhymeoverreason.com/

heavenlyboy34
12-02-2008, 03:39 PM
lol, the author of this poem must be a disciple of Dr. Suess. :)

cheapseats
12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I woke up this morning and knelt to pray
What is this New World Order, you say?
It’s Shylocks and Shysters and field days
While corrupted officials look other ways.

What must come from such a state
Wealth and power gathering to sate
Insatiable desires of those who bait
Each with nothing the other to hate?

A fractured union oozing resentment
Privileged only knowing contentment
Have Nots resolving to seize their powers
And forage for food in their Ivory Towers.

Steadily, steadily but not abundantly
Ruling Elite pays their private security
They’ll find when millions storm the few
That underling loyalty is scant their due.

http://rhymeoverreason.com

cheapseats
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
SO FAR, SO SAME
21 November 08

From where I sit, the principal change since our historic election of Barack Change Obama is that I am not assaulted by his image all day on TV. I appreciate the reprieve, I do. But he seems to me to be hiding.

He's already been elected, right? Alls he has to do is produce that birth certificate, and he's in, right? Why is he playing his cards so close to the vest, like a man who is still campaigning? I know, I know...we can only have one president at a time. Fine time for the American Idol President Elect to assume a low profile.

For me, because I have objected from the get-go that his off-the-cuff remarks do NOT support claims of his brilliance, the silence is conspicuous. Does he HAVE any fresh ideas? WHAT IS HE SAVING THEM FOR? A Grand Entrance...Camelot AND Cavalry?

Perhaps while the country is in free-fall, we could have some overlapping of brainpower...that'd be somethin' different.

Certainly Change is not made manifest by his cabinet appointments, one Suit more familiar than the other. MORE of the people under whose stewardship the country has gone pretty much to hell. Tom Daschle's wife being a registered Lobbyist is a nice in-your-face touch.

Roll the tape from a Roundtable on November 9th to hear Cynthia Tucker say that Obama "owes the Latinos a great deal" and suggest that a cabinet post for Bill Richardson would be an appropriate settling of favors.

Yep. I remember when Bill Richardson threw his support to Obama. Biden, too. Iowa...where "wheeling, dealing, haggling and horse trading" resulted in a big big bounce for Obama. So many of them put their own careers ahead of the good of the nation...and they're so obvious about it, not even a pretense of propriety anymore...that it is very dispiriting indeed.

Has there not also been talk of a possible appointment for former Congressman Jim Leach, Iowa Republican who surprised his party by lining up with Obama? Yes, there has.

Baggage with Eric Holder? Full matching set.

It is as though he never gave one moment's thought to who he would put in which position...or like he's stringing out the announcements to keep the media percolating.

Bailouts right, left and center, with discrimination suits galore on their heels. Nope, no change there. Fresh faces in office? Nope, shot that wad on Obama apparently. Doing the same thing expecting different results constitutes a brand of insanity...Obama RAN on that. And Change.

WHAT'S CHANGED?

We're doing the same thing with the bailouts. Who in their right mind proposes to dig companies out by giving money to the same executives who drove the companies into the ground? No one in their right mind.

But people in their LEFT mind would thusly give away money...other people's, natch. They can't give ENOUGH of it...NO! to $700 billion, YES! to $850 billion. The not-Right right will certainly REQUEST such money...why not? No harm in asking. Too much ventured, nothing lost...it is human nature to take advantage wherever and whenever possible.

It is practical punishment that deters the dark side of human nature, not lofty rhetoric. Prison sentences for corrupt executives and corrupt public officials...THAT would be change I could believe in.

Who proposes to do THAT with the same old people? It is incestuous, with loyalty inbred among nincompoops and carpetbaggers...think Governmental Deliverance.

http://www.mcpolitics.com

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Who proposes to do THAT with the same old people? It is incestuous, with loyalty inbred among nincompoops and carpetbaggers...think Governmental Deliverance.

"Come on boy, squeal like a taxpayer!" :D