PDA

View Full Version : Latino's Unhappy with Obama!

Pauls' Revere
12-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Here's a shocker!
Evidently Latino's are unhappy with Obama's cabinet picks!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081130/pl_politico/15967

ROFLMAO

:D

We should post this on every Latino website.

SeanEdwards
12-01-2008, 12:24 AM
I feel soiled after being exposed to that wretched eruption of racist collectivism.

Athan
12-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Me too. And I'm what you would call a beaner.

Most hispanics however aren't really taught founding American philosophy. The most we are taught about political history are Caesar Chavez and Gloria Estefan. Pretty fucking bad in my opinion. La Raza organization is basically bluntly named "The Race."

danberkeley
12-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Me too. And I'm what you would call a beaner.

Most hispanics however aren't really taught founding American philosophy. The most we are taught about political history are Caesar Chavez and Gloria Estefan. Pretty fucking bad in my opinion. La Raza organization is basically bluntly named "The Race."

What's wrong with Gloria Estefan? :D

Paulitician
12-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Everyone with a brain should be unhappy with Obama's cabinet appoitments... but race has nothing to do with it.

Zippyjuan
12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Her keyboard player was in my high school class.

Truth Warrior
12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Gee, he hasn't even been elected officially yet and he's already pissing more folks off. :cool: :D

heavenlyboy34
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Doesn't that happen every election, though? :confused:

Truth Warrior
12-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Doesn't that happen every election, though? :confused: I stopped paying any attention quite a while back. ;)

Freedom 4 all
12-01-2008, 03:38 PM
He really did owe Bill Richardson a lot more than he gave him. And Bill is one of the most liberty minded Dems out there so this kind of pisses me off as well.

Anti Federalist
12-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Everyone with a brain should be unhappy with Obama's cabinet appoitments... but race has nothing to do with it.

That explains this:

"[T]he new administration is off to a good start."
-- Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell.

"[S]uperb ... the best of the Washington insiders ... this will be a valedictocracy -- rule by those who graduate first in their high school classes."
-- David Brooks, conservative New York Times columnist

"[V]irtually perfect ... "
-- Senator Joe Lieberman, former Democrat and John McCain's top surrogate in the 2008 campaign.

"[R]eassuring."
-- Karl Rove

"I am gobsmacked by these appointments, most of which could just as easily have come from a President McCain ... this all but puts an end to the 16-month timetable for withdrawal from Iraq, the unconditional summits with dictators, and other foolishness that once emanated from the Obama campaign ... [Hillary] Clinton and [James] Steinberg at State should be powerful voices for 'neo-liberalism' which is not so different in many respects from 'neo-conservativism.'"
-- Max Boot, neoconservative activist, former McCain staffer.

"I see them as being sort of center-right of the Democratic party."
-- James Baker, former Secretary of State

"[S]urprising continuity on foreign policy between President Bush's second term and the incoming administration ... certainly nothing that represents a drastic change in how Washington does business. The expectation is that Obama is set to continue the course set by Bush ... "
-- Michael Goldfarb of the neoconservative Weekly Standard.

"I certainly applaud many of the appointments ... "
-- Senator John McCain

"So far, so good."
-- Senator Lamar Alexander, senior Republican Congressional leader.

Hillary Clinton will be "outstanding" as Secretary of State
-- Henry Kissinger

Rahm Emanuel is "a wise choice" in the role of Chief of Staff
-- Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, John McCain's best friend.

Obama's team shows "Our foreign policy is non-partisan."
-- Ed Rollins, top Republican strategist and Mike Huckabee's 2008 campaign manager

"The country will be in good hands."
-- Condoleezza Rice, George W. Bush's Secretary of State

lucius
12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
That explains this:

"[T]he new administration is off to a good start."
-- Senate Republican leader, Mitch McConnell.

"[S]uperb ... the best of the Washington insiders ... this will be a valedictocracy -- rule by those who graduate first in their high school classes."
-- David Brooks, conservative New York Times columnist

"[V]irtually perfect ... "
-- Senator Joe Lieberman, former Democrat and John McCain's top surrogate in the 2008 campaign.

"[R]eassuring."
-- Karl Rove

"I am gobsmacked by these appointments, most of which could just as easily have come from a President McCain ... this all but puts an end to the 16-month timetable for withdrawal from Iraq, the unconditional summits with dictators, and other foolishness that once emanated from the Obama campaign ... [Hillary] Clinton and [James] Steinberg at State should be powerful voices for 'neo-liberalism' which is not so different in many respects from 'neo-conservativism.'"
-- Max Boot, neoconservative activist, former McCain staffer.

"I see them as being sort of center-right of the Democratic party."
-- James Baker, former Secretary of State

"[S]urprising continuity on foreign policy between President Bush's second term and the incoming administration ... certainly nothing that represents a drastic change in how Washington does business. The expectation is that Obama is set to continue the course set by Bush ... "
-- Michael Goldfarb of the neoconservative Weekly Standard.

"I certainly applaud many of the appointments ... "
-- Senator John McCain

"So far, so good."
-- Senator Lamar Alexander, senior Republican Congressional leader.

Hillary Clinton will be "outstanding" as Secretary of State
-- Henry Kissinger

Rahm Emanuel is "a wise choice" in the role of Chief of Staff
-- Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, John McCain's best friend.

Obama's team shows "Our foreign policy is non-partisan."
-- Ed Rollins, top Republican strategist and Mike Huckabee's 2008 campaign manager

"The country will be in good hands."
-- Condoleezza Rice, George W. Bush's Secretary of State

And policy agenda marches on...thanks for the quotes.

BlackTerrel
12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
"latino" has to be the biggest umbrella group in the US. Someone explain to me how Bill Richardson is anything but white - would you conclude that he is anything else by just looking at him?

constituent
12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Caesar Chavez

scummy low-life, imho.

Athan
12-03-2008, 12:21 AM

Nothing...
:)

unless she is talked about more than George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison.
:eek:

Looks like our "ethnic leaders" are trying to keep all of us down and slaves to the entertainment industry.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-03-2008, 05:53 AM
And policy agenda marches on...thanks for the quotes.

Pretty much. I'm waitimg for the Obama Kool-Aid guzzlers to start defending keeping us in Iraq, bombing Iran and all the other crap he claimed he was gonna change.

xd9fan
12-03-2008, 06:03 AM
this thread is racist.
I could give a shit about groups.
Its about Individual liberty people.

Brooklyn Red Leg
12-03-2008, 06:26 AM
this thread is racist.

Apparently, you can't read. This thread uses the exact title of the Yahoo News! article discussing this supposed unhappiness. Nothing stated in this thread is racist, so I must wonder why you decided to come into it and level that charge. Care to assert how this thread is racist? Perhaps you're just a provocateur or are you just a douchebag?

sailor
12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
"latino" has to be the biggest umbrella group in the US. Someone explain to me how Bill Richardson is anything but white - would you conclude that he is anything else by just looking at him?

I don`t like to conclude what people are just by looking at them.

cheapseats
12-03-2008, 10:07 AM
this thread is racist.

Apparently, you can't read. This thread uses the exact title of the Yahoo News! article discussing this supposed unhappiness. Nothing stated in this thread is racist, so I must wonder why you decided to come into it and level that charge. Care to assert how this thread is racist? Perhaps you're just a provocateur or are you just a douchebag?

Since the inception of his meteoric rise to superstardom, the charge of Racism has been consistently leveled at anyone with the audacity to criticize the Great Non-White Hope.

xd9fan
12-03-2008, 10:16 AM
Perhaps you're just a provocateur or are you just a douchebag?

how about go and fuck yourself.

Agent Chameleon
12-03-2008, 10:20 AM

Oh lawd, RPF drama. :eek:

In all seriousness, I don't think it's fair accussing xd9fan of being a troll/provocateur.

His judgment of this thread is rather asinine but I think he's just being oversensitive.

cheapseats
12-03-2008, 10:30 AM

Nope. "People of Color" is a bigger umbrella.

Pretty ironic, remarking on the separateness of Bill Richardson from Latino-ness and his conceptual whiteness. If it is a comment of integrity, it can be made with equal verity about Barack Obama's separateness from Black-ness and HIS conceptual whiteness.

Agent Chameleon
12-03-2008, 10:34 AM

Pretty ironic, remarking on the separateness of Bill Richardson from Latino-ness and his conceptual whiteness. If it is a comment of integrity, it can be made with equal verity about Barack Obama's separateness from Black-ness and HIS conceptual whiteness.

I feel like I'm back in college. :P

cheapseats
12-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I feel like I'm back in college. :P

The best years of our lives, eh?

Agent Chameleon
12-03-2008, 10:38 AM
The best years of our lives, eh?

Absolutely, when else can we dump 100k for a piece of paper that nets us a 20k a year job, in the meantime drowning in debt? ^_^

JoshLowry
12-03-2008, 10:39 AM
this thread is racist.

I agree that that all you have to do is protect the rights of the individual, then you have protected everyone.

I don't see how this thread is racist.

Perhaps you're just a provocateur or are you just a douchebag?

Please leave the accusations and fuck yourself's off the board.

Thanks!

Danke
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM

My brother lives in Africa, and over there people refer to Obama as Americas first half-white president, a mulatto.

BlackTerrel
12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
I don`t like to conclude what people are just by looking at them.

But you can't deny that's how people are judged in this country. I have a white blonde, blue eyed friend whose parents say he is part Native American. But he'll always be treated as white and never be discriminated against or whatever because of his race.

Bill Richardson looks as white as any white person I've seen, and I imagine that's how most people would perceive him.