PDA

View Full Version : US Constitution...name your amendment!

Uriel999
11-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Alright, well seeing as everybody here should be good strict constructionalists, what would you like to to add or change to the constitution via amendment?

I would add an amendment first and foremost killing the 16th amendment (direct taxes).

I would add an amendment that not only reinforces the 2nd amendment but demands all citizens financially able to own a military rifle such as the m4 (the rifle subject to change over the decades).

And finally, I would also add an amendment making every Friday ice cream day. :D

What would you change?

TrueFreedom
11-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Alright, well seeing as everybody here should be good strict constructionalists, what would you like to to add or change to the constitution via amendment?

I would add an amendment first and foremost killing the 16th amendment (direct taxes).

I would add an amendment that not only reinforces the 2nd amendment but demands all citizens financially able to own a military rifle such as the m4 (the rifle subject to change over the decades).

And finally, I would also add an amendment making every Friday ice cream day. :D

What would you change?

I would take the word "state" out of Article 1 Section 8 where it talks of gold and silver being legal tender.......not because I think it would be a good idea but just so all the people on here would quit misquoting it, trying to make people believe that it is the federal government that has to have gold and silver as legal tender when the constitution never says such a thing.

newyearsrevolution08
11-30-2008, 04:57 AM
I would take the word "state" out of Article 1 Section 8 where it talks of gold and silver being legal tender.......not because I think it would be a good idea but just so all the people on here would quit misquoting it, trying to make people believe that it is the federal government that has to have gold and silver as legal tender when the constitution never says such a thing.

great point

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 05:21 AM
I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution. I would be willing to depend on that alone for the reduction of the administration of our government to the genuine principles of its constitution; I mean an additional article, taking from the federal government the power to borrow money. - Thomas Jefferson

FunkBuddha
11-30-2008, 05:47 AM
How about an amendment that says that anyone who takes an oath to uphold the Constitution and is found guilty otherwise will be hanged.

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 05:53 AM
How about an amendment that says that anyone who takes an oath to uphold the Constitution and is found guilty otherwise will be hanged. That would certainly tend to shrink the potential candidate pool of public office seeking wannabes. ;) :D

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 05:56 AM
How about an ONLY tax and regulate the voters amendment? ;) :D

Kludge
11-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Amendment 28 --

a) All laws, rules of governing, and allowances (implied and explicit) created by this damnable and arbitrary piece of paper (and its amendments, less amendment 28) are hereby void.

b) Cake must be served with ice cream on ice cream day. Vanilla and chocolate are the official flavors of ice cream. Mixing of the flavors is permitted. Jewish apple cake is the required cake, though german chocolate cake and banana cream pie is also permitted. To fix the obesity problems likely to arise from this action, the McDonalds corporation is hereby nationalized. McDonald's stores will be used solely to serve the cake and ice cream on Friday and will otherwise remain closed. To fix the rights violations perceived to be broken by our action, a permanent state of emergency is called. All National Guard units will be on active duty, and are hereby under control of the commander-in-chief. All failures to execute his orders are to be prosecuted as treason.

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 06:54 AM
An ALL taxes MUST be collected ONLY by going door to door, one tax per visit, by previously arranged and agreed appointment only, and are only payable in pennies amendment. :D

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 07:00 AM
An each new law passed requires the repeal of two old laws amendment.

BenjFranklin
11-30-2008, 07:02 AM
Amendment XXVIII - The 16th Amendment (Income Tax) is hereby repealed.

Amendment XXIX - The 17th Amendment (direct election of Senators) is hereby repealed.

Amendment XXX - There shall be no Central Bank for the government of the United States. All laws under the Federal Reserve Act are hereby repealed.

Amendment XXXI - No money shall be used from the public Treasury to benefit private corporations, regardless of the size of such entities. Nor shall money be used to purchase stocks, assests, or any other interests in private corporations.

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 07:48 AM
A 99.9% of ALL laws are repealed and replaced by, "Do as you please - but harm no other in their person or property." amendment.

freedom-maniac
11-30-2008, 08:18 AM
1. I amend the 16th Amendment. Income Taxes shall never raise to a level higher than 10% on any citizen (which was the original intention). The income tax shall only be raised to a level higher than 10% during time of war with two-thirds of Congress approving, followed by a national referendum.

2. Now I know the income tax is pretty unpopular, but keeping it would allow my next amendment, which bans all duties, tariffs, etc. because they inhibit free trade (that was also the original intent of the income tax. Woodrow Wilson almost eliminated all tariffs, though they would be brought back during the '20s). The federal government shall also not have the power to institute a national sales tax (because sales taxes are regressive).

3. The passage of any unbalanced budget, (except in time of war) shall require a two-thirds vote of Congress.

4. The power to borrow money from foreign countries shall require a two-thirds vote of Congress.

5. All military interventions shall have to be declared openly as wars.

6. Before going to war (except in the direct invasion of the United States, or it's terroritories, or if another nation declares war on the United States), the decision to go to war shall have to be apporved in a national referendum.

7. The "draft" and other forms of conscription are banned.

8. All juries must be informed of the right to "jury nullification" before a trial involving federal law.

9. To reaffirm the 9th Amendment, all federal laws against drugs, online gambling, etc. shall be declared void.

10. To reaffirm the 10th Amendment, all federal government programs such as Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare, etc. shall be either privatized, or turned over to the states within 10 years from now.

Jbrabble
11-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Congress or any member of government shall introduce no legislation contrary or detrimental to, in any way, the previously established rights in this constitution. To do so is now considered treason. And without consideration for the circumstances of the legislation, this ammendment will be upheld by process of law.

mediahasyou
11-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Regulation of the market is prohibited.

However, since government is an unstable institution, all new regulation must be regulation of the government.

austin944
11-30-2008, 04:40 PM
I'd be happy if politicians and judges followed the existing amendments, instead of ignoring them like they do now!

But I'd like to see a balanced budget amendment, and maybe have the balancing be done over say a rolling 10 year time period, to address critics who say a yearly balanced budget wouldn't work.

heavenlyboy34
11-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Amendment XXVIII - The 16th Amendment (Income Tax) is hereby repealed.

Amendment XXIX - The 17th Amendment (direct election of Senators) is hereby repealed.

Amendment XXX - There shall be no Central Bank for the government of the United States. All laws under the Federal Reserve Act are hereby repealed.

Amendment XXXI - No money shall be used from the public Treasury to benefit private corporations, regardless of the size of such entities. Nor shall money be used to purchase stocks, assests, or any other interests in private corporations.

I'll second that. :)

heavenlyboy34
11-30-2008, 04:44 PM
a 99.9% of all laws are repealed and replaced by, "do as you please - but harm no other in their person or property." amendment.

+1776 :d