PDA

View Full Version : Chime In: An Attempt to Scam a Scammer

constitutional
11-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I just received this email from a scammer. I think I'll play along. Chime in with any wild suggestions.

Dear Brother,

Please on a personal conviction of trust and confidence after viewing your profile .I wish to contact you for a lucrative business that will be benefiting to the both families on an advantage of your surname .I will appreciate if you could reply to my private box ******@yahoo.com , thus I can communicate with you more of my person and why contacting you please .

Mr Kellen Kemare.

Hello Mr Kellen Kemare,

I am very much interested in the lucrative business that you speak of. Yes, my surname is very unique and highly respectable through out the history. I'd like to know more about the deal you are offering.

Thank you,

Mr. Helicopter Ben

Dear Brother,

Thanks for your swift responds.

I pray this proposition finds you in a good health despite the abuse in the internet which has been so common but it still remains the fastest means of communication.

I am pleased to introduce a business opportunity to transfer to your account the sum of ($8,500,000.00 USD) Eight million Five hundred Thousand United States Dollars with Gold dust what of $4.2 m (four million two hundred thousand dollars) from one of the Prime Banks here in Conakry.

I am Mr. Kellen Kemare (Bsc, Msc) the Auditor General of one of the Prime Banks here in Conakry, Please I wish for your co-operation, I discovered the aforementioned fund after my last annual auditing report in an account opened in our branch since 1999 and ever since 2002, till date no body has operated on the account and the account has no data of a next of kin.

The owner of the account is ( Engr. Abbot H. Benjamin ), He was a foreigner, he was a Gold and diamond miner here in Guinea, he was discovered a dead victim in Free town during the Sierra Leonean political crisis in 2002.

Therefore please, I know it may be fearful to you but I want and wish for your co-operation as a foreigner with the same surname to stand as a relative ,I will ensure the transfer of the funds to you as his relative,I want you to be 100% assured of the risk free ,I'm the one that will work it out with my positional influence safely without any problem,I assure you of this , All I need is your cooperation because the account content can not be approved to aindigenene here as his relative.

At the conclusion of this project, I propose a joint investment of an equal partnership to you or we may share it in a ratio of 45% for you and 55% for me.

But nevertheless, I appeal to you not to consider this against moral justification please, they are many other aspects of life we may contribute with this funds to help the less privileged and the needy in a society than leaving the funds to the seizure of Government if discovered as an unclaimed bill PLEASE.

I look forward to your earliest response.

Thanks,
Mr. Kellen Kemare

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've heard quite a bit about Sierra Leonean crisis back in 2002 and it brings awe to my heart after hearing death of Abbot H. Benjamin from you. Although I never knew or heard of him, he must have been a great business man.

In my life, I have been a great failure in managing my printing business that my parents left for me. But that's another story.

Proceeding with your proposed deal, I want a 60% stake in it. I hope it's an acceptable deal to you. I have no doubt on your political power in your country since you are a Auditor General. You will have my full cooperation in completing this deal.

I have told my wife about this, Hony Paulson, and she seems very excited about this because this would allow her to continue spending money like a whore.

It would bring a great joy for both of us if this deal was completed.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Helicopter Ben

newyearsrevolution08
11-29-2008, 11:52 PM
only issue is once you reply they will see an "Active" email account and odds are sell your email to plenty of other spammers as well.

If you want to play with them, do it with an email address you don't care for.

constitutional
11-29-2008, 11:54 PM
only issue is once you reply they will see an "Active" email account and odds are sell your email to plenty of other spammers as well.

If you want to play with them, do it with an email address you don't care for.

I created a new email account for this. Thanks for the heads up though. ;)

evilfunnystuff
11-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Mr.Helicopter Ben

lol

Matt Collins
11-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Be careful. Some of these scammers are connected to serious organized crime around the world. Not people I would want to mess with.

pacelli
11-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Give them the mailing address and phone number of the FBI internet crime division.

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Doesn't scamming a scammer, merely make one a scammer also?

The One
11-30-2008, 08:25 AM

No, that would be like saying that just because guy #1 has sex with guy #2 (who happens to be gay), that it makes guy #1 gay as well. Wait............that didn't make sense. :o

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 08:33 AM
No, that would be like saying that just because guy #1 has sex with guy #2 (who happens to be gay), that it makes guy #1 gay as well. Wait............that didn't make sense. :o Doesn't stealing from a thief, merely make one a thief also? How about murdering murderers?

The One
11-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Doesn't stealing from a thief, merely make one a thief also? How about murdering murderers?

If you cheat on your wife/girlfriend with two other girls at the same time, it's not really cheating because the two girls cancel each other out.:D

freedom-maniac
11-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Proceed with caution my friend.

constitutional
11-30-2008, 09:50 AM

Please drop that silly argument. :p

Let me know if you folks have any suggestions.

cheapseats
11-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Mr. Kallan Kamara:

Being a person of business, like yourself, naturally I am interested in your lucrative proposition. At the same time, as an American, I am able to acquaint you with many consequential stateside opportunities. Between the two us, I am confident that we can generate much profit for the security of our families and the advancement of our nations. Two heads are better than one, eh?

For one trillion dollars, you and a select group of international citizens can become proud stockholders in venerated American market sectors never before easily accessible to shady investors and laundered money. Financial institutions, insurance monoliths, the mythical Big Three automakers…the list grows even as I type. There has never been a better time to stockpile bits and pieces of America.

Imaginative Investment is the watchword. The dead weight of our surplus inventory of big fuck-off SUV’s awaits only your shrewd investment to be transformed into flexible housing in your country and, for that matter, in mine.

By your name, Mr. Kamara, I take the liberty of speculating that you live in a country the fashions of which predominantly feature sheet-like tunics and towel-like headwear. Each to his own on how best to fleece the lambs but, sensing that we have already bonded as partners, I share my suspicion that your acquisition of our troubled Linens ‘n Things might catapult you, the savvy investor, to the top of your country’s Retail Apparel heap.

So many investment opportunities, so little time. God helps those who help themselves.

Let us, by all means, help one another. Kindly send as many investment dollars as possible as soon as possible to the furnished P.O. box, resting assured that the United States Post Office is a bona fide government agency. Upon receipt of funds, I shall supply to you hand-embellished certificates of title(s) and ownership(s), and notify the American people and government of your new stature in our investment community.

Wine & Dine in O-Nine!

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Please drop that silly argument. :p

Let me know if you folks have any suggestions. Nothing silly about it.<IMHO> REALITY kicks butt! It's just a silly thread, as are most of your's, BTW. :rolleyes:

christagious
11-30-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm loving it so far, keep us posted, I'll be following this.

heavenlyboy34
11-30-2008, 12:57 PM
OP:

I'll tell you what I do, if it helps. I make up a spiel basically saying "thank you for contacting me. By sending me this message, you've given me enough information to tap into your accounts. I've already collected the money via my personal collection agency."

Vamp on that kinda thing to make it sound really official and intimidating. It usually works for me. ;) :D

Kludge
11-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Nothing silly about it.<IMHO> REALITY kicks butt! It's just a silly thread, as are most of your's, BTW. :rolleyes:

a=b when b=c

Get with the program.

satchelmcqueen
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Doesn't stealing from a thief, merely make one a thief also? How about murdering murderers?

what if you murder someone who has been murdered.

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM
a=b when b=c

Get with the program. I'm with the program. A = A.

:p :rolleyes:

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 09:21 PM
what if you murder someone who has been murdered. Non sequitur. You can't murder the dead. :rolleyes: