PDA

View Full Version : Article: THE CONSTITUTION ACCORDING TO RON PAUL

LibertyEagle
09-09-2007, 07:59 PM
By Betty Freauf

September 9, 2007

NewsWithViews.com

Preamble: Long-term consequences are of great concern to statesman like Ron Paul but are of no concern to politicians for they figure the voters have short-term memories and are basically to lazy to do their own research. American citizens have failed to understand or even recognize the fact that gross changes have been gradual and illicitly brought about in the political and sociological climate of this land. Schools have failed by not teaching basic Constitutional principles so the stepping-stone approach is used to fool the public…while a cabal of influential saboteurs proposed amendments that would destroy our constitutional checks and balances.

In the early stages of our Republic, we probably had as many scoundrels as we do today in elected offices trying day in and day out to find ways to “get around” the Constitution and disregarding their oaths of office. Trying to skirt Constitution boundaries causes chaos in government just the way skirting Biblical commands causes us problems and today we have many political prostitutes selling out to the highest bidder. Statesmen today are few and far between who are trying to abide within Constitutional boundaries. Although the religion of Humanism thinks mankind is basically good, the Bible tells us otherwise and our actions prove it. The Bible tells us we have a fallen and sinful nature that must be kept under control. All we have to do is check out the majority of the perverts on the Potomac to prove that point.

While there are several GOP presidential candidates on the lower tiers who deserve more attention, they have no proven track record that we can compare and evaluate with the exception of Ron Paul. [Read] Congressman Ron Paul consistently achieves a 100% Constitutional record. I’ve watched it for many years.

I’m reminded of I Thessalonians 2:3 which says “For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile”[1] and as I read about Apostle Paul I could see many of the same high ideals in Ron Paul. I’m sure his enemies are looking for every little foofaraw to make him look badly as they discover more and more people are appreciating what the man says thanks to Internet sites and YouTube.

Let me go through some of the attributes of Apostle Paul. The content of Paul’s exhortation was not adulterated and deceitful. Paul did not water down the gospel. He never changed it to suit different groups. In the mid 80s, a certain radical feminist in Oregon was running for governor. A group of garbage collectors in Central Oregon invited her to speak to them. Assuming by their “environmentally correct” name they were in her radical camp, she began itching their ears. Finally one entrepreneur stood up and set her straight. She was, of course, embarrassed but this proves my point. Most politicians feel they must be deceitful in order to get elected. The job of their staff is to give the candidate sufficient information before they address any group or organization. They are chameleons. If she had been operating within Constitutional guidelines, she wouldn’t have come out looking stupid! Stupid is as stupid does. Ron Paul operates within those guidelines so while many uninformed popinjays may be critical of him and the media delights in poking fun at him, he continues to stand on solid ground. All other ground is sinking sand!

I didn’t watch the debate figuring it would be the same old political rhetoric but I did notice in the newspaper the following morning that Ron Paul still refuses to support the undeclared Iraqi war and apparently had a heated debate with Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee who showed his ignorance of the Constitution by his support of the war. Ron Paul wants to bring our troops from around the world home to protect Americans and to reestablish a foreign policy based on noninterventionism and not a North American Empire.

Will it be proven that sacrificing 5,000 Americans in Afghanistan and in Iraq plus other civilians killed that eventually Iraq will achieve that illusive democracy? I hope they did not die in vain but the Middle East has always been a powder keg and will continue to be so until the return of our Lord to stop the nonsense. At that time, every knee shall bow. [Read] Someone must have turned on the lights in Washington, D.C. because I’ve noticed the cockroaches are heading for press conferences blowing the whistle on President Bush and his illegal war but you won’t hear about it on FOX. This all seems to be happening since Ron Paul has stood tall without compromising. A KGO radio talk show host in San Francisco has stated that something like 40,000+ military have deserted and a caller to his show said suicides are up 25%.

And now appearing on the presidential scene is TV “Law and Order” actor and former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson, nothing more than another puppet for the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) – the crowd that wants to rule the world. “In short, the House of World Order will have to be built from the bottom up and an end run on national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece will accomplish much more than the old fashioned frontal assault,” was published in Foreign Affairs publication, P. 558, 1974. (1) This publication is the flagship journal of the world-government-promoting CFR. The CFR has been the leading promoter of perestroika, glasnost and convergence in the West for decades. [Read]

Politicians, like many ministers, will have a good clear-cut message for one group but they show up in another place and their message is fuzzy and deceitful. This was not true of Apostle Paul – his “exhortation was not of deceit.” This is also not true of Congressman Ron Paul. While he believes in protecting America from terrorists, the best way to accomplish this is to bring our National Guard home to protect our borders. The National Guard was never meant to serve and protect borders in other countries.

For the rest of the story:
http://www.newswithviews.com/Betty/Freauf107.htm

LibertyEagle
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
bump