PDA

View Full Version : ACLU of NJ Wins Victory On Behalf of Paul Supporter!

Knightskye
11-29-2008, 09:08 PM
I got a pamphlet in the mail from the ACLU of NJ. It has a bunch of reports on what they've been up to. I quickly noticed a Ron Paul sign. ;)

http://i38.tinypic.com/2znsp35.jpg

Transcribed for your reading pleasure:

Lawn Sign Censorship: Not In My Backyard... or Front Yard

ACLU-NJ Client Andrew Gause won his battle with the Borough of Hawthorne to display a Ron Paul lawn sign after the borough had told him in February to take it down. The borough voted unanimously this August to remove the law from the books, and thanks to the ACLU-NJ, our front yards were a little freer this election.

Like many other New Jersey towns, Hawthorne limited the display of political signs, only allowing them 32 days before and seven days after an election. This year, the ACLU-NJ also successfully challenged ordinances in Shrewsbury, Dumont and North Plainfield - which had similar restrictions.

But other towns in New Jersey still have laws on the books limiting signs - and constitutionally protected speech. The exact number is difficult to count because there are hundreds of individual municipalities in the state. Even when these ordinances are not enforced, they have a chilling effect on free speech, keeping residents from expressing their opinions.

The ACLU-NJ will continue its advocacy to take down these ordinances across New Jersey.

;)

SLSteven
11-29-2008, 09:52 PM
One neighborhood at a time...

Danke
11-29-2008, 09:56 PM
We had a guy in my meetup that was harassed too. A RP supporter lawyer from CA showed him how to respond, and they backed down. Just writing the proper response letters, no court action necessary.

Knightskye
11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
One neighborhood at a time...

Has Ron Paul ever endorsed anyone for state races, like Senate or Assembly?