PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank wrote in Ron Paul???

Jeremy
11-29-2008, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLimCqU_gEw

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/boston_daily/2008/11/26/12-fascinating-facts-that-didnt-make-our-barney-frank-profile/

edit: nvm, no wonder dave deleted video

Kludge
11-29-2008, 04:06 PM
"This video has been removed by the user."

torchbearer
11-29-2008, 04:08 PM
hmm... i guess he had to vote for his boy on the committee.
Ron must have won a bet, one that Barney said "If you are right about "this", i'll vote for you."
Ron was right, then barney paid up.

Jeremy
11-29-2008, 04:08 PM
"This video has been removed by the user."

Hmmm...

Well the video was just sitting in my tabs all day and I finally got around to watching it. It was Dave Ridley talking about the article I posted, which apparently said Frank voted for Ron Paul. I didn't read the article yet though.

HOLLYWOOD
11-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Boston magazine's Maureen Tkaci, forgot her Sarcasm Icon.

Anyone who has watched the Financial services committee in action have seen how Frank treats RP sometimes... mostly when RP is exposing or revealing the true scams taking place.

It's no secret in finding out who voted for whom... it's public records. Go and visit your county's hall of records.

Frank's cynical vote for Ron Paul is just a Spit in the face.

Dorfsmith
11-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Boston magazine's Maureen Tkaci, forgot her Sarcasm Icon.

Anyone who has watched the Financial services committee in action have seen how Frank treats RP sometimes... mostly when RP is exposing or revealing the true scams taking place.

It's no secret in finding out who voted for whom... it's public records. Go and visit your county's hall of records.

Frank's cynical vote for Ron Paul is just a Spit in the face.

Votes are never public record.

Danke
11-29-2008, 04:52 PM
From that article, it sounds like it refers to Bill Dannemeyer.

4. Bill Dannemeyer, the rabidly anti-gay former congressman who sponsored the bill to expel Frank from Congress over his prostitution scandal—and refused to use the House gymnasium over the prostitute’s highly credulity-straining Penthouse account of his relationship with Frank—still believes homosexuality is a choice whose unnaturalness is underscored by the fact that “so many homosexuals have damage to their rectums.”

But he no longer believes AIDS is spread through spores, and seems to have diverted the majority of his outrage from the gay community to a handful of secretive nebulous quasi-governmental and influential societies, chief among them the New York Federal Reserve Bank. He maintains that every powerful person in Washington—Barney Frank, he presumes, included—has “sold his soul.” At 79, he is in good health he credits to a vegan diet and a rejection of “corporate” Western medicine. He wrote in Ron Paul’s name for president. (Incidentally, Paul—along with Tom DeLay—is one of Frank’s biggest Republican fans.)

robmpreston
11-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Yeah, learn to read.

Agent CSL
11-29-2008, 06:01 PM
So he DID or he DIDN'T? I don't quite like Barney Frank anyway, but hey, if he converts we should welcome him *cough* withacrowbartofixhisugly *cough*

Highland
11-29-2008, 06:15 PM
go frank go!

Alawn
11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
This did not happen. No way. That guy hates Ron Paul. He is as far away from him on every possible issue as you can get. Every time I have ever seen him on tv he has been a total ahole to Ron Paul. This is a guy who loves the fed and thinks bailouts are good.

Knightskye
11-29-2008, 09:38 PM
I guess nobody read the Boston Magazine article:

4. Bill Dannemeyer, the rabidly anti-gay former congressman who sponsored the bill to expel Frank from Congress over his prostitution scandal

Bill wrote in Ron Paul. Not Barney Frank.

Aratus
11-30-2008, 09:53 AM
in the middle of the baystate obama landslide, i voted for cynthia mckinney at
the last moment because she actually made it to that press conference. i was
going to vote for ralph nader. why can't barney frank write in whoever he pleases
if he's inside a state that has TWO REGISTERED DEMOCRATs to EVERY REPUBLICAN?
...and if its bill dannemeyer who actually wrote in RON PAUL's name... okay, cool!

Chester Copperpot
11-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I guess nobody read the Boston Magazine article:

Bill wrote in Ron Paul. Not Barney Frank.

the article is written rather confusedly.. (if thats even a word)

0zzy
11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
the article is written rather confusedly.. (if thats even a word)

i read it fine :[

libertythor
12-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Only your party registration and whether or not you voted is public record.

tremendoustie
12-07-2008, 03:12 AM
This did not happen. No way. That guy hates Ron Paul. He is as far away from him on every possible issue as you can get. Every time I have ever seen him on tv he has been a total ahole to Ron Paul. This is a guy who loves the fed and thinks bailouts are good.

There is at least one thing they agree on: Legalized online poker. I'm guessing they agree quite a bit on getting rid of so called "sin laws", although when it comes to fiscal responsibility, the Fed, or shrinking government, Barney's about as far away as you can get.