PDA

View Full Version : Phil Berg on the radio: Obama and the DNC punt again!

lynnf
11-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Berg v Obama

Phil Berg on the radio: Obama and the DNC punt again, this time at Supreme Court!

listened to Phil Berg on Webster Tarpley's World Crisis Radio

he said Obama and the DNC have waived their right to respond to Justice Souter by Dec 1.
(punt!)
[background: the first punt was when the case was at district court level and instead of responding with a valid birth certificate, they
used legal maneuvers to avoid the issue - which worked then because the judge ruled Berg had no standing]

So it looks like there will be no word until after the Dec 5 conference of all the justices.

you should be able to listen to it here in a couple of hours, it's about 1 1/2 hours in to the 2 hour broadcast as best as I can recall.

http://www.gcnlive.com/Programs/WorldCrisisRadio/On_Demand.html

lynn

lynnf
11-30-2008, 07:01 AM
wow, what does someone have to do to get people to respond?

guess my title wasn't catchy enough! I need to go to marketing school!

lynn

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 07:38 AM
wow, what does someone have to do to get people to respond?

guess my title wasn't catchy enough! I need to go to marketing school!

lynn If you manage to figure that one out, please let me know. ;) Maybe if we offered to pay them. :D

Did Phil have anything new and interesting to say?

moostraks
11-30-2008, 08:12 AM
add something deragatory about religion (or the lack thereof)??:D

No big surprise they are seeing how far they can take it before they find someone who makes them refute this issue.

lynnf
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
If you manage to figure that one out, please let me know. ;) Maybe if we offered to pay them. :D

Did Phil have anything new and interesting to say?

the only new thing was about Obama and the DNC waiving their right to
respond to Justice Souter by Dec 1.

he mentioned again that they are working on something to do with the electors
of the Electoral College, my guess is that is an educational effort, rotsa ruck.
I think the electors are big party muckety-mucks so they won't be voting against
their party.

lynn

Truth Warrior
11-30-2008, 04:26 PM
the only new thing was about Obama and the DNC waiving their right to
respond to Justice Souter by Dec 1.

he mentioned again that they are working on something to do with the electors
of the Electoral College, my guess is that is an educational effort, rotsa ruck.
I think the electors are big party muckety-mucks so they won't be voting against
their party.

lynn Maybe those electors voting for Obama could be charged as co defendants to fraud and accessories to felony conspiracy. :D Crank up the impeachment machine.

Thanks for the update. ;) :)

anaconda
12-01-2008, 10:48 PM
So it looks like there will be no word until after the Dec 5 conference of all the justices.

Completely different cases. I don't think the Dec. 5th conference has anything directly to do with Berg's case.

Pepsi
12-02-2008, 01:57 AM
Obama, DNC elude citizenship lawsuit deadline Solicitor general's office dodges questions about birth certificate complaint

President-elect Barack Obama and the Democratic National Convention have let a Dec. 1 deadline slip by without responding to Pennsylvania attorney Philip J. Berg's petition for writ of certiorari demanding Obama produce a legitimate birth certificate to document his eligibility for office.

While the Federal Election Commission waived its right to respond to the complaint on Nov. 18, the solicitor general's office is refusing to say whether the waiver was also filed on behalf of Obama and the DNC.

Berg filed his petition on Oct. 30, and according to procedure, a response from the defendants was due today. But when WND contacted the U.S. Supreme Court and the solicitor general's office, officials referenced the FEC's waiver and dodged any questions about Barack Obama and the DNC filing separate responses.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=82492

Danke
12-02-2008, 02:10 AM
WND Exclusive
Obama, DNC elude citizenship lawsuit deadline
Solicitor general's office dodges questions about birth certificate complaint
Posted: December 01, 2008
10:35 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Attorney Philip J. Berg

President-elect Barack Obama and the Democratic National Convention have let a Dec. 1 deadline slip by without responding to Pennsylvania attorney Philip J. Berg's petition for writ of certiorari demanding Obama produce a legitimate birth certificate to document his eligibility for office.

While the Federal Election Commission waived its right to respond to the complaint on Nov. 18, the solicitor general's office is refusing to say whether the waiver was also filed on behalf of Obama and the DNC.

Berg filed his petition on Oct. 30, and according to procedure, a response from the defendants was due today. But when WND contacted the U.S. Supreme Court and the solicitor general's office, officials referenced the FEC's waiver and dodged any questions about Barack Obama and the DNC filing separate responses.

America's Right blogger and legal writer Jeff Schreiber has followed the case closely.

"There are a number of reasons why the respondents here would choose not to respond," Schreiber speculated. "First, because the court only grants between 70 and 120 of the 8,000 or so petitions it receives every year, perhaps they just liked their odds of Berg's petition getting denied. Second, because they have made arguments as to Berg's lack of standing several times at the district court level and beyond, perhaps they felt as though any arguments had already been made and were available on the record. Or, perhaps the waiver shows that the FEC and other respondents do not take seriously the allegations put forth by Berg, and did not wish to legitimize the claims with a response."

But one thing that is not clear is whether the FEC is filing for itself or on behalf of all respondents, he added.

FEC attorney Gregory G. Garre is listed as the only name under "Attorneys for Respondents." There are no additional attorneys listed for Obama or the DNC – and the waiver was filed by "respondents Federal Election Commission, et. al," suggesting the response was on behalf of other defendants as well.

Where's the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. and thus a "natural-born American" as required by Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution? If you still want to see it, sign WND's petition demanding the release of his birth certificate.

"As it were, the FEC's attorney, Gregory Garre, is with the Solicitor General's office, and does not represent Obama or the DNC," Schreiber wrote. "While attorneys acting on behalf of a group of defendants or respondents is not necessarily rare, the difference here is the involvement of the Solicitor General's office, a federal office."

Court documents show the Federal Election Commission waived its right to respond on Nov. 18.

Berg told America's Right he was taken aback when he learned that the FEC – a federal regulatory agency – had filed the waiver.

"I'm surprised because I think they should take the position that the Supreme Court should grant standing to us," he said. "I think they have a responsibility not only to Phil Berg, but to all citizens of this country, to put forth a sense of balance which otherwise doesn't seem to exist.

"However, if this was filed by the FEC on behalf of the DNC and Barack Obama too, it reeks of collusion," he said, noting that the attorney from the solicitor general's office should be representing federal respondents and not the DNC or Obama.

lynnf
12-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Completely different cases. I don't think the Dec. 5th conference has anything directly to do with Berg's case.

I think both cases could be combined together. at any rate, even if they are not directly combined by the justices, the plaintiffs of both cases will most likely be helping each other providing an indirect combination.

lynn

Truth Warrior
12-02-2008, 05:27 AM
I predict that the SCOTUS will merely cave AND punt on the issue, just to save face :o WORLD wide. :p :rolleyes: :mad: They too ARE the government after all. :eek:

Pepsi
12-03-2008, 07:55 AM
After President-elect Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee let a Dec. 1 deadline slip by without responding to Pennsylvania attorney Philip J. Berg's petition for writ of certiorari demanding Obama produce a legitimate birth certificate, the attorney is now filing a motion to stop Obama from taking office in January.

Berg has filed an emergency motion for immediate injunction, America's Right blogger and legal writer Jeff Schreiber reports. Berg is asking the court to stop state certification of electors to keep the Electoral College from meeting Dec. 15 and casting votes for Obama. He is also seeking to postpone the official vote count Jan. 6 until the court reaches a decision on his appeal.

Where's the proof Barack Obama was born in the U.S. and thus a "natural-born American" as required by Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution? If you still want to see it, sign WND's petition demanding the release of his birth certificate.

"It is my firm belief, my one thousand percent firm belief," Berg told Schreiber, "that he does not meet the natural born qualifications, that he should not be voted for by the electors, and that he should not be sworn in this January unless he shows his credentials ... which he of course cannot, simply because he does not have them."

Berg filed his petition Oct. 30, and according to procedure, a response from the defendants was due yesterday. While the Federal Election Commission waived its right to respond to the complaint Nov. 18, there has been no word from Obama or the DNC.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=82530