PDA

View Full Version : Hitler wasn't a german citizen.

BeFranklin
11-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I've heard this before, but not in the present context, and the parallel seems striking, so I decided to repost this here:

Did Hitler have legal standing to run for president in 1932
A little late, Germans planning to reverse the decision that let Hitler run for power

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article1499828.ece

History does indeed repeat itself.

The citizenship issue came up in Germany in the 20's and 30's in regard to Hitler. The crisis re Hitler's German citizenship came in 1932.

Hitler was not a German citizen and did not have a legal right to run for president of Germany in 1932, and when he did get citizenship early that year, he got it by questionable means. There were opponents of Hitler who wanted to challenge Hitler's legal right to run for president against Hindenburg in 1932. They said Hitler had no legal right to hold any office (appointed or elected) in Germany. They wanted to go to court or appeal to the Reichstag (which was not yet dominated by Nazis) on the matter.

All through the Wiemar era there had been people in Germany who were calling for Hitler to be deported to Austria. The big-moment re Hitler's German citizenship came but was not confronted in 1932-mostly out of fear. Politics and not the law prevailed in the matter.

Looking online, Hitler stole that election, and wasn't even a citizen most of the time he was running for office, even under the nazi version of the events.

Zera
11-29-2008, 10:27 AM
So, we're comparing Obama to Hitler now?

Classy.

danberkeley
11-29-2008, 10:54 AM

Classy.

Actually, we have been doing it for months.

jbuttell
11-29-2008, 11:10 AM

Classy.

Yeah - after eight years of claiming that Bush is the new hitler, people are ready for change. ;P

Aratus
11-29-2008, 11:33 AM
you all is all wet. ---you gotta see the only thing Barack Obama REALLY is ...IMOHO i think that HE's
the newishly NEWER, NICELY IMPROVED ON :D NEATLY REPACKAGED JOHN McCAIN CLONED
FAUX~POTUS for OUR TYMEs! he's eased up on SENATOR JOE LIEBERMAN rather than
being party discipline on him for the bolt. think that small gesture through!!!

Aratus
11-29-2008, 11:35 AM
has there been a change of policy at a deep level? the democrats in terms of our foreign policy were recently into being bi-partisan. are we to see a divergence domestically at all? is barack obama ACTUALLY seperating his policies from g.w bush's????

BarryDonegan
11-29-2008, 11:40 AM

Classy.

pretty much every effective political rhetorical tactic for the past 50 years has been, in some form, reductio ad hitlerum.

Aratus
11-29-2008, 11:44 AM

Classy.

Actually, we have been doing it for months.

Yeah - after eight years of claiming that Bush
is the new hitler, people are ready for change. ;P

has there been a change of policy at a deep level?
the democrats in terms of our foreign policy were recently into being
bi-partisan. are we to see a divergence domestically at all? is barack obama
ACTUALLY seperating his policies from g.w bush's????

obama may be happily part cherokee as well as being kenyan.
total doctrinaire heel-clickers a la the character conrad veight
plays in the old bogart movie must be really having their own
true apoplexy moments concerning some of our hot debates...

Aratus
11-29-2008, 11:47 AM
http://www.weeklyscript.com/Casablanca.txt :D

Young Paleocon
11-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Hitler was an Austrian, Stalin was a Georgian, and Napoleon was a Corsican......go figure.

danberkeley
11-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Hitler was an Austrian, Stalin was a Georgian, and Napoleon was a Corsican......go figure.

And Obama is from Hawaii :D

BeFranklin
11-30-2008, 03:50 AM

Classy.

I didn't even put Obama's name in my post.

BeFranklin
11-30-2008, 03:56 AM
And Obama is from Hawaii :D

Obama was a British citizen at birth, and you can find it on his own website. He isn't a natural born citizen. Its been non-reported.

And no, I didn't put Obama's name on my first post. To make the historical analology complete as it said - and when Hitler's citizenship came up, fear dominated, and politics and not truth won out.

Stunning. That culture of fear is going on now. Obama is really clearly not a natural born American citizen, he's British through his father. There is nothing that will change the historical fact of what the founders meant, or what citizenship he held at birth.