PDA

View Full Version : GOP: Huckabee: "libertarianism masked as conservatism" is the REAL THREAT to GOP

Matt Collins
11-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Can you believe the ignorance of this guy?

Huckabee calls the "real threat" to the Republican Party: "libertarianism masked as conservatism."

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1859539,00.html

constituent
11-28-2008, 05:54 PM
http://www.animationarchive.org/pics/huckhound01.jpg

i think that about sums it up.

phill4paul
11-28-2008, 05:58 PM

Huckabee calls the "real threat" to the Republican Party: "libertarianism masked as conservatism."

Yes that is why I did not vote for him in the primaries.

Truth Warrior
11-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Yep, the words "less government" tend to be a dead give away. ;) :D

Theocrat
11-28-2008, 06:25 PM
In a chapter titled "Faux-Cons: Worse than Liberalism," Huckabee identifies what he calls the "real threat" to the Republican Party: "libertarianism masked as conservatism." He is not so much concerned with the libertarian candidate Ron Paul's Republican supporters as he is with a strain of mainstream fiscal-conservative thought that demands ideological purity, seeing any tax increase as apostasy and leaving little room for government-driven solutions to people's problems. "I don't take issue with what they believe, but the smugness with which they believe it," writes Huckabee, who raised some taxes as governor and cut deals with his state's Democratic legislature. "Faux-Cons aren't interested in spirited or thoughtful debate, because such an endeavor requires accountability for the logical conclusion of their argument." Among his targets is the Club for Growth, a group that tarred Huckabee as insufficiently conservative in the primaries and ran television ads with funding from one of Huckabee's longtime Arkansas political foes, Jackson T. Stephens Jr.

He's the one who doesn't know how to have thoughtful debate. At one of the FOX News Presidential debates last year, Huckabee got into a little debate with Congressman Paul over the failings of our foreign policy in Iraq. All Huckabee could say was "honor" this and "honor" that, "honor" ad nauseum. He's a neocon con-artist whose conservative record is so busted with liberal consistency that he makes Bill Clinton blush.

heavenlyboy34
11-28-2008, 06:49 PM

I can believe it. He's known as "Huckster" for a reason. ;)

1000-points-of-fright
11-28-2008, 07:47 PM

Anytime some bag o' douche tries this line of douchebaggery just hit them with Reagan's line about libertarianism being the soul of conservatism.

End of argument unless they want to argue that Reagan wasn't a true conservative. That would be a valid argument given his record, but one that few GOPers today would dare make.

Dequeant
11-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Faux-Cons aren't interested in spirited or thoughtful debate, because such an endeavor requires accountability for the logical conclusion of their argument.

When the right compromise with the wrong, it is a victory for the wrong, and a small step toward a wrong dominated society.

The only "Faux-Con" is Huckabee........ironically.

CountryboyRonPaul
11-28-2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.udayton.edu/~liberty/humor/republicrat.gif

sevin
11-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Huckabee can go fuck himself.

TruckinMike
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Huckabee is right! And THANK GOD! Our Liberatarianism is exposing the leftist and traitorous nature of the current GOP. We, the Ron Paul supporters (libertarian in nature if not by party), are putting fear into the neocons.

He couldn't of said anything more truthful.:)

TMike

xd9fan
11-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Huckabee is the new John McCain.
RINO.

Truth Warrior
11-29-2008, 05:14 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/when_fascism_comes_300.gif

moostraks
11-29-2008, 05:41 AM
Anytime some bag o' douche tries this line of douchebaggery just hit them with Reagan's line about libertarianism being the soul of conservatism.

End of argument unless they want to argue that Reagan wasn't a true conservative. That would be a valid argument given his record, but one that few GOPers today would dare make.

;) Great idea!

Kalifornia
11-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Honestly, I would like to know how the HELL that Huckabee and the bible thumpers got the idea that 'social conservatism' = Conservatism.

Conservatism=PaleoConservatism=Goldwater School= Small government in ALL MATTERS.

Drug war + Empire + Crusaderism =/= Small Government, it just makes them fascists instead of communists.

Michigan11
11-29-2008, 06:30 AM

Nice.:D

lynnf
11-29-2008, 07:30 AM

the real threat from them is to the Huckabee candidacy. he's trying to counter the threat to his campaign. not so dumb, after all. let's not let him get away with it.

lynn

lynnf
11-29-2008, 07:43 AM
actually, it does not seem to target us. excerpt:

'Huckabee identifies what he calls the "real threat" to the Republican Party: "libertarianism masked as conservatism." He is not so much concerned with the libertarian candidate Ron Paul's Republican supporters as he is with a strain of mainstream fiscal-conservative thought that demands ideological purity, seeing any tax increase as apostasy and leaving little room for government-driven solutions to people's problems. "I don't take issue with what they believe, but the smugness with which they believe it," writes Huckabee...'

lynn

lodge939
11-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Huckabigot is the worst candidate ever. He's a nanny state, big government control -freak who goes to church.

Truth Warrior
11-29-2008, 07:52 AM
To the average rank and file GOP, the RPF folks are just loony anarchists.<IMHO> ;)

lucius
11-29-2008, 07:59 AM

His CFR mentor is Rick Warren, expect this kind of tripe from his pie-hole.

Flash
11-29-2008, 09:51 AM
I pray not only for America, but for Israel also

Source: HucksArmy

Christian Zionist nutjobs! When their Antichrist comes these people will be lining up to see him.

LibertyEagle
11-29-2008, 10:26 AM
Source: HucksArmy

Christian Zionist nutjobs! When their Antichrist comes these people will be lining up to see him.

:eek: What do you find so terrible about praying for Israel? In my opinion, the Israeli people need all of that they can get to give them the same resolve THAT WE NEED TOO, to replace the public servants in control of our governments who are destroying our respective countries.

Flash
11-29-2008, 10:28 AM
:eek: What do you find so terrible about praying for Israel? In my opinion, the Israeli people need all of that they can get to give them the same resolve THAT WE NEED TOO, to replace the public servants in control of our governments who are destroying our respective countries.

Because why would they pray for Israeli Jewish state and not for Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc.. you get the point. Why do these phony 'Christians' have this warped biblical view that Israel and America are 'kingdoms of god' and Palestinians should be killed?

LibertyEagle
11-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Because why would they pray for Israeli Jewish state and not for Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc.. you get the point. Why do these phony 'Christians' have this warped biblical view that Israel and America are 'kingdoms of god'?

You are grouping all so-called Christians together as one. That's a mistake. I pray for everyone.

Note: I'm not too fond of the people who want to accelerate the end of the world either.

Flash
11-29-2008, 10:47 AM
You are grouping all so-called Christians together as one. That's a mistake. I pray for everyone.

Note: I'm not too fond of the people who want to accelerate the end of the world either.

Not all Christians. Remember i said "These phony christians". By that I mean these Neo-Con ones that think they're doing Jesus's work by bombing muslim countries.

You're right about the end of the world cult. They only want Israel to survive since it plays a major role in biblical prophecy.

alaric
11-29-2008, 03:08 PM
http://www.animationarchive.org/pics/huckhound01.jpg

i think that about sums it up.

excuse me, don't insult Huckleberry Hound!

Truth Warrior
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Wasn't Huck singing praises to Reagan during the campaign and debates. :p :rolleyes:

"If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals–if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is." -- Ronald Reagan