PDA

View Full Version : Bill Richardson Moves Toward Paul's Position on Iraq?

Spirit of '76
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
In a Spanish-language debate today, Bill Richardson challenged Hillary Clinton on Iraq. He said he'd bring all the troops home in six to eight months.

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/politics/index.ssf?/base/politics-10/1189357200120560.xml&storylist=electionmi

Thoughts?

Nefertiti
09-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Richardson is not a bad guy. He has a wide variety of experience and his views, if not great, aren't extreme in any unpalatable way. He'll never get the Democratic nomination but he probably stands a good chance of getting the veep nomination, which is probably what he is aiming for.

Paulitician
09-09-2007, 06:46 PM
In the Democratic debate on ABC I heard him playing lip service to the Constitution and it reminded me a lot of Ron Paul :). I think he's always had that position on Iraq though...

Spirit of '76
09-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Perhaps. I'm not very familiar with him, but I do know that I don't get that instant stomach-churning feeling from him like I do from Hillary. :cool:

Geronimo
09-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Bill Richardson is a member of the CFR and Bilderberg. (http://www.restoringamerica.org/EnemiesofFreedom/cfr_trilateral_bilderberg.htm)

http://www.restoringamerica.org/EnemiesofFreedom/cfr_trilateral_bilderberg.htm

JosephTheLibertarian
09-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I think he sucks. :) Who would be my second choice after Ron Paul? The LP nominee. I really don't have any love for anyone else in either party.

Richandler
09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Richardson is a victim of the hypocritical democratic party. They don't let him speak Spanish in a Spanish language debate. Talk about hurting free speech.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Richardson is a victim of the hypocritical democratic party. They don't let him speak Spanish in a Spanish language debate. Talk about hurting free speech.

well, it is a private function lol I didn't even watch it, no need to. I bet RP would whip them at their own debates lol they would talk about "universal health care" then Ron Paul could just demolish them with the possibilities in a true free market health care system. He could go into his history at the charity hospital... of course that'll never happen

BenIsForRon
09-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Bill Richardson is dumb. His plan for Iraq is too withdraw all troops and set up a three state system that has a limited central government and divides the oil evenly amongst them. Ok Bill... so how do you do all that WITHOUT TROOPS?

specsaregood
09-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Bill Richardson is dumb. His plan for Iraq is too withdraw all troops and set up a three state system that has a limited central government and divides the oil evenly amongst them.

I have heard these solutions proposed and it bothers me that they say, "We will.."
What right do WE have to impose/create their style of government?! The hubris of telling the Iraqis, "This is my solution that I am going to impose on you".

Oh wait, that is why I am voting for Ron Paul.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Bill Richardson is dumb. His plan for Iraq is too withdraw all troops and set up a three state system that has a limited central government and divides the oil evenly amongst them. Ok Bill... so how do you do all that WITHOUT TROOPS?

Who the hell are we to decide for them? lol. I'm sick of hearing this partition proposal. It's like China occupying the USA and then debating on how to carve it up.