PDA

View Full Version : CFL - FB - E--Mail system

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 08:15 PM
E-mail THROUGH the site – don't make people log in to read messages.

-t

Austin
11-27-2008, 08:34 PM
E-mail THROUGH the site – don't make people log in to read messages.

-t
Could you please clarify your proposal? Also, if you could provide links to the original proposal and to the second(s) of the proposal that would be great. :)

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Could you please clarify your proposal? Also, if you could provide links to the original proposal and to the second(s) of the proposal that would be great. :)

post 48 and 49 here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=170273&page=5

to clarify - most people sign up and never log in again. Repetitive messages like: you have mail at CFL are likely to hit spam filters too and never bee seen.

proposal is simple - messages have a better chance of being read if you don't make people come to the site and log in to read every one. Forward them!

-t

Austin
11-27-2008, 09:27 PM
post 48 and 49 here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=170273&page=5

to clarify - most people sign up and never log in again. Repetitive messages like: you have mail at CFL are likely to hit spam filters too and never bee seen.

proposal is simple - messages have a better chance of being read if you don't make people come to the site and log in to read every one. Forward them!

-t

Ah, so instead of having to read the messages from the CFL site, you want to have the contents of the messages be sent directly via email..

How about something similar to what Facebook does, where a large portion of the message is displayed in the email, but to read the rest you must go and log in...

We do, afterall, want people logging into the CFL web site from time to time. Part of this problem is the fact that they don't have a "Remember Me" checkbox, which has been addressed (at least on RPFs).

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Maybe... though that's something I find annoying about Facebook...

-t

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 10:10 AM
This is a priority for the webmaster. Interim State Coordinators and Precinct Leaders have pushed pretty hard for this, so expect this feature sometime soon.

Austin
11-28-2008, 11:00 AM
This is a priority for the webmaster. Interim State Coordinators and Precinct Leaders have pushed pretty hard for this, so expect this feature sometime soon.

Sometime soon: does that mean sometime in the next 2 or 3 months, or within the next 30 days?

It seems that Adam is currently overworked. Surely there are some volunteers that would love to offer their time and skills for improving the web site?

MRoCkEd
11-28-2008, 11:05 AM
How about something similar to what Facebook does, where a large portion of the message is displayed in the email, but to read the rest you must go and log in...

We do, afterall, want people logging into the CFL web site from time to time. Part of this problem is the fact that they don't have a "Remember Me" checkbox, which has been addressed (at least on RPFs).
I like this idea

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Sometime soon: does that mean sometime in the next 2 or 3 months, or within the next 30 days?

It seems that Adam is currently overworked. Surely there are some volunteers that would love to offer their time and skills for improving the web site?
He's stretched thin. It's an in-house, home-brew site, so this complicates finding a volunteer. However, we do have some help coming his way. I'd be surprised if you didn't see this in 30 days.

Austin
11-28-2008, 11:20 AM
He's stretched thin. It's an in-house, home-brew site, so this complicates finding a volunteer. However, we do have some help coming his way. I'd be surprised if you didn't see this in 30 days.

Ah, yes. You guys are hiring a few more web designers / flash programmers, right?

I'll be keeping my eye out for this feature just after Christmas. ;)

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Ah, yes. You guys are hiring a few more web designers / flash programmers, right?

I'll be keeping my eye out for this feature just after Christmas. ;)
We intend to hire more people to help with the site.