PDA

View Full Version : Look at the new JBS website!

FrankRep
11-27-2008, 07:17 PM
http://www.jbs.org/

I'm completely impressed with the new design. It's more community based, like facebook.com.

Kludge
11-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Hmmm... Doesn't display properly using Chrome. The nav bar appears properly, but everything below is shifted a full page to the right.

FrankRep
11-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Hmmm... Doesn't display properly using Chrome. The nav bar appears properly, but everything below is shifted a full page to the right.

Firefox is still the best in my opinion.

itshappening
11-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I am impressed with what they're doing, sort of like social networking/activism like how RP grew with meetup etc. this is all very encouraging and the platform looks sound

Austin
11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Firefox is still the best in my opinion.

A good web designer makes the web site function properly in all browsers.

That said, I agree.

FrankRep
11-27-2008, 08:25 PM
A good web designer makes the web site function properly in all browsers.

That said, I agree.

As a fellow web designer, I agree.

0zzy
11-28-2008, 02:32 AM
feels cheaper to me, like the cfl "upgrade".

Austin
11-28-2008, 09:42 AM
feels cheaper to me, like the cfl "upgrade".

Is there any way to view the old CFL web site? I agree, the "upgrade" the CFL gave us was hardly anything of the sort.

robert4rp08
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
I can't stand websites with 10 different panels...

WRellim
11-28-2008, 11:26 PM
http://www.jbs.org/

I'm completely impressed with the new design. It's more community based, like facebook.com.

JBS is an excellent organization.

Unfortunately the ONE thing that they need to change, remains the same, and that is the NAME.

Like it or not, unjust or not, "John Birch Society" comes with a whole wagon-load of baggage, and (sadly IMO) being associated with JBS is, in many circles, the equivalent of donning a white hooded robe.

A simple name change would work PR wonders, and allow a lot of its views (relevant and DESPERATELY needed today) to be heard and considered in a reasonable fashion, whereas as long as the "JBS" is attached, they get rejected out of hand.
:(

Knightskye
11-29-2008, 01:32 AM
Very nice. And organized.

Lawl. Chrome.

That bubble popped fast.

It has potential (Google's searching expertise), but it's not there yet.

By the way, my teacher used the word "kludge" in class the other day. I didn't hear anything else she said, but then I heard that and thought of you. :D

Kludge
11-29-2008, 01:33 PM
It has potential (Google's searching expertise), but it's not there yet.

No freeze-ups like Firefox. Have yet to experience a crash. Being able to highlight something and google search it nearly instantly is pretty damn cool too -- especially when I'm taking an online test. The "new tab" page is also very convenient, giving me large thumbnails of websites I frequently visit. JBS is the first website I've ever encountered in which it doesn't display properly -- though admittedly, I don't "surf" the web much anymore.

By the way, my teacher used the word "kludge" in class the other day. I didn't hear anything else she said, but then I heard that and thought of you. :D

Awwwe... Cute. I'll probably think of you if I ever hear "knightskye".

TruthisTreason
11-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I'd like to see them OPPOSE the drug war. :cool:

HOLLYWOOD
11-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Fire the JBS SW fit tester(s) and QA dept...

Use one of the many other browsers...

or

Fire Google

you do have choices!

Knightskye
11-30-2008, 03:25 AM
Awwwe... Cute. I'll probably think of you if I ever hear "knightskye".

Maybe "night sky" or even "nice guy."

I'd like to see them OPPOSE the drug war. :cool:

Well, I couldn't find a list of their positions on their website, but I did find this little blurb:

To bring about less government, more responsibility, and — with God’s help — a better world by providing leadership, education, and organized volunteer action in accordance with moral and Constitutional principles.

Is there something that makes you think they support the drug war? Do they want to seal the border?