PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Our Movement in a 20 Minute Presentation

JS4Pat
11-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Rather than re-invent the wheel – I thought I’d see what is already out there before digging into this project. Work smarter, not harder - right. :D

In northeast Florida most of the Ron Paul presidential campaign remnant has chosen the Republican Liberty Caucus as the primary vehicle for advancing the movement. The main reason we have chosen this vehicle is because of the increased exposure and respect (well somewhat) that comes with the “party name” association. I don’t want to debate the merits of this strategy in this thread. It’s irrelevant to the topic.

The Project

We are thinking about embracing the Precinct Committee person concept by taking on the following project:

1. Putting together a top notch 20 minute presentation that explains our movement & why it is important

2. The Precinct Committeeman/Committeewoman for a particular precinct will advertise (flyers/e-mail/phone calls etc.) a local townhall meeting.

3. A designated presenter(s) along with others from the RLC will go to the location and conduct the presentation

What does this accomplish?

1. Spreads the message/educates people

2. Fulfills the obligation of RLC members/RP Republicans who also serve as REC Precinct Committee people to be out educating/organizing/registering people who live in their precinct.

3. Will increase the membership of the RLC/CFL/Restore the Republic/RP Forums/Daily Paul etc.

4. Earn respect within the precincts so that when we return to campaign for “OUR CANDIDATE” we are more effective.

Why Am I posting this here?

1. Because I think it is a good idea that people may want to embrace throughout the country

2. I want help with creating the “Our Movement in a 20 Minute Presentation”

The Presentation

1. Obviously a portion of it needs to be tailored to local issues and promoting whatever local Meetup/Organization you are using in your area.

2. Need a great Video under 10 minutes that both excites people and gives them a good snapshot of what we are about. The Ron Paul YouTubes were excellent “Stop Dreaming”, “Don’t Tread On Me” and “New Hope” but I think we need something that captures the movement going forward. Ideas?

3. The Script – We need to choose the phrases, words, names carefully. Ideas?

4. PowerPoint – The script could be accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation that could also be printed as handout for attendees. Ideas?

JS4Pat
11-28-2008, 06:28 AM
The Presentation

1. Obviously a portion of it needs to be tailored to local issues and promoting whatever local Meetup/Organization you are using in your area.

2. Need a great Video under 10 minutes that both excites people and gives them a good snapshot of what we are about. The Ron Paul YouTubes were excellent “Stop Dreaming”, “Don’t Tread On Me” and “New Hope” but I think we need something that captures the movement going forward. Ideas?

3. The Script – We need to choose the phrases, words, names carefully. Ideas?

4. PowerPoint – The script could be accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation that could also be printed as handout for attendees. Ideas?

I know there has to be some RPF members with feedback and ideas on this...

Roxi
11-28-2008, 10:32 AM
its a good idea... i would change some things about #3 in your first segment...

i would like to do something like this in my town

JS4Pat
11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
its a good idea... i would change some things about #3 in your first segment...

i would like to do something like this in my town

Yes, I think with the collective brainpower & creativity of this movement we could come up with a great template for Precinct Presentations that could be used throughout the country. Individuals/Groups could customize the template for their local community.

What would you change about this?

3. A designated presenter(s) along with others from the RLC will go to the location and conduct the presentation

My thought is that there is usually only a limited number of people in a group that excel at public speaking/presenting. The presenter will be as important as the content. Of course we can train people within our groups to present - but let's face it we have some great freedom fighters who we probably do not want to put on a stage to win over new converts. :)

JS4Pat
12-16-2008, 02:16 PM
It seems to me this would be a great project for the C4L.

If they could provide the grassroots with a high quality 15-20 minute presentation template (Script/DVD/Handouts etc), then every Meetup Grp, Libertarian Grp, Republican Grp, RLC grp etc. could begin holding "house/block parties" within their precincts. This could be the equivalent of an Amway style network marketing campaign without the expense or inventory. :)

Whatcha think?

newyearsrevolution08
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
It seems to me this would be a great project for the C4L.

If they could provide the grassroots with a high quality 15-20 minute presentation template (Script/DVD/Handouts etc), then every Meetup Grp, Libertarian Grp, Republican Grp, RLC grp etc. could begin holding "house/bock parties" within their precincts. This could be the equivalent of an Amway style network marketing campaign without the expense or inventory. :)

Whatcha think?

Why can't this be done at the local level anyways versus waiting for the cfl to get it done?

Maybe we can work on the presentation points that can be cookie cut to fit any city or precinct.

I do agree that the presenter or speaker delivering the message is VERY important BECAUSE if they cannot deliver the message effectively or hold everyones attention then it will be a missed opportunity indeed.

Doesn't the cfl have a basic rundown of the mission plan, local efforts and so on? Why not just write around that then simply toss in "local issues" and sprinkle them throughout the presentation?

JS4Pat
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Why can't this be done at the local level anyways versus waiting for the cfl to get it done?

It certainly can and it doesn't necessarily need to come from the C4L.

My thought is:

Let's not waste time having people all over the country working on putting together presentations to essentially communicate the same message. If there are already great "liberty movement" presentations floating around - let's gather the best of the best and form a template that can be used by all. I also think there needs to be some strategic decisions made at a higher level as how to best focus/market the message. And as much as I value competition and individuality I think maintaining somewhat of a consistent message throughout the movement is critical to our success.

I also want this to be extremely professionally done. This needs to look like a million dollar marketing campaign.

dr. hfn
12-16-2008, 02:48 PM
bump!

newyearsrevolution08
12-16-2008, 02:50 PM
This needs to look like a million dollar marketing campaign.

So why contact the cfl about it? I mean, why not locate those who do "million dollar" marketing campaigns?

That is the one thing I wish ron pauls official campaign would have done as well. Instead of trying to "wing it" with the ads they flopped out, they should have hired a real deal marketing firm to get the word out.

Well where would be the first place to look for a real marketing company that would work on this idea? Now if it is going to be cfl driven then odds are would need to see what their thoughts were on this whole idea as well BUT if it is grassroots style it can go any direction you want to take your idea.

JS4Pat
12-16-2008, 03:17 PM
So why contact the cfl about it?

Well I only suggested CFL because they have the resources to fund something like this. Plus it would be easier to get groups to embrace the idea if it orginated from the C4L.