PDA

View Full Version : CFL FB - Official forum broken down into state, district, and county levels

Austin
11-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Tonight's Idea:

State, County and District message boards/forums. This may take a bit of bandwidth but I'm positive it would help a whole lot.

Originally proposed by: Nate K in this post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1844162&postcount=29)

Seconded by: Krippy in this post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1844880&postcount=51)

Any objections to having the (upcoming) forum by Campaign for Liberty broken down all the way to county/district/state levels?

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 12:15 PM
kinda wondering how that is going to work.

for the most part, we don't have counties that are in just one congressional district - so are you thinking of listing counties in a separate tree or pacing them under the districts - how ever many districts a particular county is in.

We don't have that many counties, Iowa has 107. Tx, Fl, and Ca are worse!

There are 3086 counties in the USA - that's a lot of sub forums!

-t

Nate K
11-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I was thinking in the shower yesterday we should either have the subforums for district or county (my vote is on district) and still have a state forum. I vote district because it's based on an area's population instead of an area's.. area, like a county is. Am I right?

Plus it puts people in a political frame of mind.

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I was thinking in the shower yesterday we should either have the subforums for district or county (my vote is on district) and still have a state forum. I vote district because it's based on an area's population instead of an area's.. area, like a county is. Am I right?

Plus it puts people in a political frame of mind.

yes, but both are important depending on what kind of election it is.

-t

Austin
11-27-2008, 08:31 PM
yes, but both are important depending on what kind of election it is.

-t

Considering the importance of county-wide elections, would you agree that county forums would be helpful? If we break it down into counties, there will be 3,141 sub-forums, rather than 435 if we broke it down by districts. If we neglect to break it down into counties, will the district forums be sufficient?

I think it should be broken down to district levels initially, and if there is enough demand for it (i.e. district level forums become crowded) then that district can be given county sub-boards.

I move to make an amendment. The Campaign for Liberty forums should offer specific boards for each congressional district in the United States.

If you agree, please second my proposed amendment.

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Considering the importance of county-wide elections, would you agree that county forums would be helpful? If we break it down into counties, there will be 3,141 sub-forums, rather than 435 if we broke it down by districts. If we neglect to break it down into counties, will the district forums be sufficient?

I think it should be broken down to district levels initially, and if there is enough demand for it (i.e. district level forums become crowded) then that district can be given county sub-boards.

I move to make an amendment. The Campaign for Liberty forums should offer specific boards for each congressional district in the United States.

If you agree, please second my proposed amendment.

Both are important, depending on the election.

Also, it does no good to create empty forums - just makes it look inefficient and unused. On the county level in particular, I'm sure there are counties where we don't have any supporters!

How about a create on request type system for counties and create all the districts by default - finding out who's running for 2010/12 and stickying that info at the top of each district. Whatever we know about them, if we have someone, how that district votes, important issues, etc. Call on people to research locally and send in info.

And just a reminder - we do have state groups here...

-t

Austin
11-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Both are important, depending on the election.

Also, it does no good to create empty forums - just makes it look inefficient and unused. On the county level in particular, I'm sure there are counties where we don't have any supporters!

How about a create on request type system for counties and create all the districts by default - finding out who's running for 2010/12 and stickying that info at the top of each district. Whatever we know about them, if we have someone, how that district votes, important issues, etc. Call on people to research locally and send in info.

And just a reminder - we do have state groups here...

-t

Agreed. That is what I was getting at when I suggested district level forums be created, and county boards be created if the demand merits it.

By "here" do you mean here on RPFs?

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Agreed. That is what I was getting at when I suggested district level forums be created, and county boards be created if the demand merits it.

By "here" do you mean here on RPFs?

OK - I guess my main thought was that county forums under district forums would be a mess as most counties are in more than one district.

Yes

-t

Austin
11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
OK - I guess my main thought was that county forums under district forums would be a mess as most counties are in more than one district.

Yes

-t

Ah, I see. So when the need for county forums comes, how do you think that should be handled? Perhaps a whole new board (not forum) for the counties. Although, a link could be placed for counties within a district that redirects them to the county they click on... a shortcut so to speak

I'm not entirely sure how to explain it, but I think if you are familiar with the creation of forums and how you can branch it out, you'll get it.

What do you think?

tangent4ronpaul
11-27-2008, 09:45 PM
state forum and under that 2 subforums - one district, the other county.

the link idea is good!

but again, I really think it should happen here and that CFL use this forum or at least parts of it as their forum.

-t

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Forums are a very high priority. Expect this to be first broken down by states.

Austin
11-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Forums are a very high priority. Expect this to be first broken down by states.

Is there a date when you expect the forums to be completed? Also, at what point do you plan on implementing district level forums?

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Is there a date when you expect the forums to be completed? Also, at what point do you plan on implementing district level forums?
I don't have a date. I'll ask for an estimate. I don't know about district forums. I'll get more info!

Austin
11-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't have a date. I'll ask for an estimate. I don't know about district forums. I'll get more info!

Thank you again!

Austin
11-28-2008, 01:26 PM
So are there any other objections to the CFL having forums broken down into district level?

They are currently planning on breaking it down into state levels, but as I have previously stated, I think we should go to district level. I will ask again, does anyone second my proposed amendment?

The Campaign for Liberty forums should offer specific boards for each congressional district in the United States.

tangent4ronpaul
11-28-2008, 01:28 PM
So are there any other objections to the CFL having forums broken down into district level?

They are currently planning on breaking it down into state levels, but as I have previously stated, I think we should go to district level. I will ask again, does anyone second my proposed amendment?

The Campaign for Liberty forums should offer specific boards for each congressional district in the United States.

Yes - I have an objection to C4L having forums if they are not grassroots forums NOT controlled by them!

-t

Austin
11-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Yes - I have an objection to C4L having forums if they are not grassroots forums NOT controlled by them!

-t

So you are against the Campaign for Liberty having a forum that they run themselves?

Nate K
11-28-2008, 03:36 PM
If a forum requires too much.. we could at least have a message board at the local levels.

tangent4ronpaul
11-28-2008, 03:44 PM
So you are against the Campaign for Liberty having a forum that they run themselves?

Yes - it steps on grassroots efforts and duplicates/minimizes/competes with what is in place and working well.

-t

Matt Collins
11-28-2008, 04:22 PM
A problem I see is the overlapping of counties, districts etc. I think we might have too many chiefs, and not enough Indians.

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I asked and I'm sorry, I can't get you an estimate on when a forum will be up. I also do not have any specifics on how it will be broken down. However, there is a volunteer helping with the project.

Right now he's focused on getting some voter data uploaded to the site :D

ingrid
11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
A problem I see is the overlapping of counties, districts etc. I think we might have too many chiefs, and not enough Indians.

Yeah, that's true. I know my county is split into four different districts.

However with counties, you would probably get a lot of empty boards. Half the counties in Maryland were not active (at least online or through the grassroots) :(

Maybe a good idea would be to do it first by states and then ask the state's members how they would like their message board to be grouped by.

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey ingrid :)

ingrid
11-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Hey ingrid :)

Hey:)

Collins says hi (when i told him you were now working for the C4L)

Nice to see you around here.

(anyway back to the original topic)