PDA

View Full Version : When should we bring back the Campaign Activism section?

Bryan
11-27-2008, 08:49 AM
In an effort to continue on with the value of the forum (since you people did not go away after the election :p :)) I'd like to ask, should we, and if so, when should we bring back the "Campaign Activism" section and put it under Grassroots Central and above Grassroots Projects. Campaign Activism currently contains:

Canvassing
Precinct Leader
Strategies for Success
Discussion Points For Winning Support
Christian Outreach
Senior Vote Outreach
Campaign Materials
Online Campaign Materials
Letters to the Editor
Legal Matters
Video Producing

See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59

These are all specific ways to spread the message of liberty, not really just relate to a campaign. Also of interest is if any sections should be added / removed.

As to the issue of "Where should threads be posted" - I would consider these as optional use sub-forums in that threads will not be moved to them- so you can safely post in Grassroots Central if you want.

That said, I am also experimenting with the use of a thread "prefix" feature that allows a topic starter to tag their thread with a prefix like of "CFL", "GOP" and whatever else we add with the idea that threads that get tagged can be moved to better sub-forums after they have no activity for four days or so, thus giving them additional life in a more dedicated sub-forum for the more casual members and to better attract new members who are just interested in specific areas of interest (hence the sub-forums). Ideally everyone would use New Posts and post he the best-fit sub-forum but... :)

Thanks for all replies... :)

Nate K
11-27-2008, 09:00 AM
It's up and there isn't it, what do you mean by bring it back?

A lot of those subforums need removed or combined.. if it gets too splintered no one ever posts.

I kind of doubt anyone will utilize it at the moment, they may in the future if we begin rallying around the ideas we have presently: Monthly end the fed protests and CFL upgrades.

lynnf
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
local elections for my area will come up in May 2009 so that season is almost upon us. maybe that would be of interest if any of our like-minded patriots run.

I voted to wait for it -- maybe we should wait for Ron's decision about 2012

lynn

Bryan
11-27-2008, 09:31 AM
It's up and there isn't it, what do you mean by bring it back?
Sorry that wasn't more clear, I mean move it under Grassroots Central and above Grassroots Projects. The whole thing actually got splintered in the archive, I just regrouped it today. I'm updating my OP.

A lot of those subforums need removed or combined.. if it gets too splintered no one ever posts.
Hence my suggested use of the prefix feature. It's also as much of a catalog of information.

local elections for my area will come up in May 2009 so that season is almost upon us. maybe that would be of interest if any of our like-minded patriots run.

I guess what I'm thinking is this section is all about ways to spread the message of liberty, not just for an election. (edited OP)

Thanks!

Aratus
11-27-2008, 11:27 AM
the idea of a special elections forum
or the idea that special elections could
be a way to be activistically high profile
imply that although the option of bringing
it back prior to 2010 seems logical, there may
be "for instances" when the rEVOLUTIOn could
tip a local race, and also maybe the balance of the
senate and house! peaks & troughs, yes! there be cycles!

jrich4rpaul
11-27-2008, 11:34 AM

lynn

It's not just about getting Ron elected, we need to be active in elections whether he's running or not.