PDA

View Full Version : McClintock: A Great Victory … Thank You!

RonPaulFanInGA
11-27-2008, 06:20 AM
http://blog.tommcclintock.com/2008/11/26/a-great-victory-thank-you/

Butte County took a little longer to come in than we had expected, but it was worth the wait. The count is now complete with the possible exception of a handful of votes in El Dorado County and the election result stands at: McClintock 185,615 and Brown at 183,840.

The lead of 1,775 votes is a margin of victory that puts us well outside the possibility of a recount changing the outcome. To put it in perspective, it is more than twice the margin by which I lost the race for State Controller in 2002.

The numbers came in a little late to hold a press conference today but I expect to have a formal statement at our Congressional transition office in Roseville on Monday.

In the meantime, I can only reflect on the fact that I will never be able adequately to thank all those who so selflessly volunteered their time and resources to bring us to this moment. It is appropriate that the tally should be completed on the eve of Thanksgiving Day – it is a reminder of how much I owe to all those who rallied to the cause and to the voters of the fourth Congressional District. I am well aware of the trust that has been placed in me and I will do everything I can to be worthy of it.

I want also to congratulate Charlie Brown and his supporters on waging one of the most hard-fought campaigns I have ever faced. There can be no doubt of the sincerity of their views or the dedication with which they pursued them. I know from personal experience how difficult it is to lose a close race, and I hope it is a consolation for them to know that they made a truly superb effort.

I will have much more to say formally on Monday, but for now please accept my sincere thanks for all of the sacrifices that have been made on behalf of my candidacy.

xd9fan
11-29-2008, 02:04 AM
cool number of votes to win by....1775......good year!

Nate K
11-29-2008, 02:49 AM
every vote counts, one more and it would've been truly symbolic.

RCA
11-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Why is McClintock so "great" again? I'm just curious...

Aratus
11-29-2008, 10:05 AM
an old movie http://www.videovista.net/reviews/oct06/mclintok.html ---is the edge
mcclintock has over brown the 'john wayne' voters who obviously are in the district?

RonPaulFanInGA
11-29-2008, 10:32 AM

Mostly tax issues. Also Ron Paul endorsed McClintock, and McClintock likes Paul and somewhat supported his presidential run (see link below.)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/01/with-fred-thomp.html

Infamouswoodster
11-29-2008, 10:40 AM
awesome! i voted for him!

Jeremy
11-29-2008, 10:48 AM
If just one more person voted for him the lead would 1776, which would be awesome lol =D

fr33domfightr
11-29-2008, 11:17 AM
If just one more person voted for him the lead would 1776, which would be awesome lol =D

The count would have been 1776, but we know that somewhere, that 1 vote got miscounted.

FF

Misesian
11-29-2008, 12:26 PM

Ditto. Seems just like a fiscal conservative. Nothing on noninterventionism, nothing on strict adherence to the Constitution, nothing on sound money.

fr33domfightr
11-29-2008, 01:42 PM
Ditto. Seems just like a fiscal conservative. Nothing on noninterventionism, nothing on strict adherence to the Constitution, nothing on sound money.

It would seem now is a good time to get him educated. Let's send him some books.

FF

Minuteman2008
11-29-2008, 01:53 PM
He's a real "sharp pencil" conservative, which is surprising considering the state he's from is insolvent. He's kind of the polar opposite of the Governator on fiscal responsibility. He's also very good -- depending on your perspective -- on the immigration issue (so he'll have his detractors here, at least those that live in a theoretical bubble rather than the real world, er, welfare state).

nate895
11-29-2008, 01:54 PM
He's a real "sharp pencil" conservative, which is surprising considering the state he's from is insolvent. He's kind of the polar opposite of the Governator on fiscal responsibility. He's also very good -- depending on your perspective -- on the immigration issue (so he'll have his detractors here, at least those that live in a theoretical bubble rather than the real world, er, welfare state).

He ran against the Governator in 2003. If people voted with their hearts instead of with the lesser-of-two-evils, he'd be the Governor of the State of California right now.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.edhtelegraph.com/detail/99965.html

McClintock claims victory in 4th District race

Sen. Tom McClintock said the votes are in his favor to claim the 4th District Congressional seat over Charlie Brown.

xd9fan
12-02-2008, 06:47 AM
He ran against the Governator in 2003. If people voted with their hearts instead of with the lesser-of-two-evils, he'd be the Governor of the State of California right now.

Sean Hannity told him on air to quit the race......that if he stayed in the race, the two R's would slpit and the dem would win again (like with Bush 41, clinton and Perot.

McClintock stayed in the race, Arnold won (backed by Hannity)
I have never considered Hannity a real conservative since. (just a neocon)

I saw the GOP's future in that race. choosing Moderates over conservatives......oh and gee the party is in the shitter ever since. go figure

Shotdown1027
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM
McClintock has been in the State Senate in California for a long time and is known as the "Dr. No" in that legislature. Same as State Rep. Tom Brinkman in Ohio.

Both men were considered, by Dr. Paul, to be vital allies to get into the House (Brinkman ran for a congressional seat but lost the primary). Both men have shown a committment to fiscal responsibility that matches, or nearly matches, Dr. Paul's. Including voting against every budget,etc.

McClintock will hopefully prove that he was worthy of our support--and I think he will. I dont think he'll be as good as Dr. Paul--but I suspect he'll be as good as John Duncan Jr.--the second best member of the house.

dannno
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow, close race, glad I decided to support him!!