PDA

View Full Version : C4L FB - Auto Log In Option

ronpaulhawaii
11-26-2008, 11:03 PM
A proposal to add a "keep" logged in box to CFL website

MRoCkED/LittleLightShining

Discuss -

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't see much discussion needed for this, but will use it for precedent...

I don't think many will mind if it gets hijacked:eek: a bit for organizational purposes

One goal is to keep the "open" thread in GC as clean as possible. When creating a discussion thread in this series, please edit the link into the open thread (either author or second)

I wonder that, after a discussion period, we could use the poll tool? Maybe a 24 hour voting thread stuck in GC?

hotbrownsauce
11-26-2008, 11:54 PM
I second this.

It is very annoying that I have to log in twice each time I want to post to the C4L website.

Austin
11-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I move to make an amendment.

CFL web site needs to have a box that gives users the options to remained logged in until they specify otherwise. Additionally, all errors and inconsistencies with the log-in system should be promptly fixed. We should not have to log in multiple times to view different content. Once we are logged in, that should be it. There should be no more interruptions regarding our log-in status.

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 09:59 AM
We've been improving this for some time now. My personal experience is that I don't get logged-out anymore while visiting different pages on our website. I've received emails from people saying that this has improved for them as well. It seems that members have less issues with Firefox than they do Internet Explorer in staying signed on.

My browser asks me if I'd like to save the data so that the next time I visit the site I have no hassle logging in. But I agree that a "Remember Me" option is needed. The main issue here is that there are a lot of requests for the web master, so it may be some time until you see this feature.

Thanks for being patient with us.

Matt Collins
11-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Andrew - thank you for making an appearance here and explaining things to us. It is much appreciated!

Austin
11-28-2008, 10:51 AM
We've been improving this for some time now. My personal experience is that I don't get logged-out anymore while visiting different pages on our website. I've received emails from people saying that this has improved for them as well. It seems that members have less issues with Firefox than they do Internet Explorer in staying signed on.

My browser asks me if I'd like to save the data so that the next time I visit the site I have no hassle logging in. But I agree that a "Remember Me" option is needed. The main issue here is that there are a lot of requests for the web master, so it may be some time until you see this feature.

Thanks for being patient with us.

As Matt noted, thanks for coming over here and giving us some input.

I just encountered a log-in error. I logged in about 15 minutes ago, then I went to my dashboard and clicked on "Upgrade now" and I was logged out. It required I log in yet again to continue. I'm using Firefox 3.0.4

I also have Firefox set to remember my passwords, but I still have to either select my user name from the drop down menu or type it in for my password to appear. I really cannot believe that it will be "quite some time" before this feature is added, considering it is such a common feature... It seems to be that it should have been there from the beginning.

Disappointing, to say the least.

Andrew Ward
11-28-2008, 11:18 AM
As Matt noted, thanks for coming over here and giving us some input.

I'm happy to help.

I really cannot believe that it will be "quite some time" before this feature is added, considering it is such a common feature... It seems to be that it should have been there from the beginning.

It will be "some time". There are a lot of features to add and a lot of things can be overlooked. I'll call him and see what can be done about "Remember Me".

Austin
11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm happy to help.

It will be "some time". There are a lot of features to add and a lot of things can be overlooked. I'll call him and see what can be done about "Remember Me".

Thank you. I really appreciate it.