PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving To All On RPF!

rational thinker
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd like to wish you all a happy thanksgiving!

http://www.thehutch.com/turkey.jpg

johnrocks
11-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Happy Thanksgiving and be safe out there if your traveling!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-26-2008, 10:11 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Be safe and "Ron Paul" everyone at your table tomorrow.

RickyJ
11-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Happy Thanksgiving REVOLUTIONARIES!

rational thinker
11-26-2008, 10:19 PM
lol @ "Ron Paul" everyone

Kotin
11-26-2008, 10:45 PM
have a good one!

get some good Tryptophan.

jrich4rpaul
11-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Personally I think this is the best holiday of the year. You see your family, you eat, you sleep. It doesn't get better than that.

rational thinker
11-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Personally I think this is the best holiday of the year. You see your family, you eat, you sleep. It doesn't get better than that.

Agreed.

rational thinker
11-27-2008, 02:01 AM
bump

newyearsrevolution08
11-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Off to the IN-laws.......

WOOHOO

lol.....

Bryan
11-27-2008, 06:10 AM
Have a great one everybody! :)

rational thinker
11-27-2008, 08:12 AM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=5152

Bruno
11-27-2008, 08:17 AM

I agree as well.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

I'm thankful for my family and our health. We lost a few dear family members in 2008, and it makes you hold the friends and family you have left even closer.

Kludge
11-27-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm thankful for not being a welfare-dependent indian created by the government. Thanks for nothing, Department of the Interior :)

ShowMeLiberty
11-27-2008, 08:55 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r304/webby65/misc/Thanksgiving.gif

yongrel
11-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm thankful for not being a welfare-dependent indian created by the government. Thanks for nothing, Department of the Interior :)

You make Russell Means sad. :(

http://content9.flixster.com/photo/10/95/37/10953771_tml.jpg

JoshLowry
11-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Happy Turkey Day!

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Where's my free turkey?

Kludge
11-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Where's my free turkey?

Oh -- uh... I sent it in the mail. The postal service must have lost it, or perhaps they seized it... Danged PATRIOT Act.

torchbearer
11-27-2008, 10:13 AM
If you were a native, wouldn't this day be perceived as a celebration of the beginning of the european invasion of soveriegn nations of the americas?

Lucille
11-27-2008, 10:13 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

I'm doing my turkey Bourdain-style (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6znTD8Iam1Y) this year. (Toward the end of that clip.)

I am thankful for Ron Paul, for running for POTUS against all odds, for suffering through so much ridicule and abuse from his own party in order to get the message of Liberty out there, and for all the RPRs who continue to fight the good fight!

torchbearer
11-27-2008, 10:22 AM
I'd rather celebrate boston tea party day.
it would have way more meaning than thanksgiving.
Why do you need a holiday to be thankful?

rational thinker
11-27-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd rather celebrate boston tea party day.
it would have way more meaning than thanksgiving.
Why do you need a holiday to be thankful?

Go with the flow?... I'm just in it for the turkey.

Roxi
11-27-2008, 10:32 AM
happy "eat until you unbutton your pants" day!!

torchbearer
11-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Go with the flow?... I'm just in it for the turkey.

i'm weird. i don't celebrate days that have no meanings to perpetuate meaningless traditions. or traditions who have lost their meaning.

if it makes your day better, happy thanksgiving.
I'll try that again tomorrow and see how much it helps. :D

the curse of the chronic iconoclast. really can't enjoy most modern rituals because he is spending his time thinking of how it really started, and what it really means.. and how stupid people look celebrating something they have no idea about what they are celebrating.
should thanksgiving and christmas be every day? our congress thinks so...

SLSteven
11-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Happy Thanksgiving All!

raiha
11-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Let us all be thankful for iconoclasts! :cool:

Enjoy gobbling the gobblers. (Your new national symbol)

Theocrat
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the text of George Washington's October 3, 1789 national Thanksgiving Proclamation; as printed in The Providence Gazette and Country Journal, on October 17, 1789.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the President of the United States of America.

A Proclamation.

WHEREAS it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the 26th day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions; to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness to us), and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally, to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as He alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-nine.

G. Washington.

heavenlyboy34
11-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Let us all be thankful for iconoclasts! :cool:

Enjoy gobbling the gobblers. (Your new national symbol)

Yes, let's be thankful for iconoclasts! :D I hope the gobbler is good this year...sometimes it comes out all dry. :(

mediahasyou
11-27-2008, 12:08 PM
thanks to fdr we don't have to work today.

Agent CSL
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm thankful for not being :) Kludge.

heavenlyboy34
11-27-2008, 12:11 PM
thanks to fdr we don't have to work today.

Was it FDR that did that? :eek: I guess he got at least one thing right. ;)

Bruno
11-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes, let's be thankful for iconoclasts! :D I hope the gobbler is good this year...sometimes it comes out all dry. :(

Ever deep fry your turkey? Yum! Just be careful, there isn't a better way to catch you house on fire. Don't do it on a deck or anywhere near house or garage.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2008/11/24/20081124phx-turkeyfire1126.html

If you're baking (a little too late now) you can soak it in a brine mixture ahead of time to make it juicier.

Drknows
11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
i'm thankful for cornbread casserole.

I think i ate too much of it but damn it was good.

Kludge
11-27-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm thankful for not being :) Kludge.

I'm crying on the inside.

heavenlyboy34
11-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Ever deep fry your turkey? Yum! Just be careful, there isn't a better way to catch you house on fire. Don't do it on a deck or anywhere near house or garage.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2008/11/24/20081124phx-turkeyfire1126.html

If you're baking (a little too late now) you can soak it in a brine mixture ahead of time to make it juicier.

I haven't done thanksgiving yet. My mom or gandma has always done it so far. They usually do the brine method. :) I've never tried the deep fried thing, but I've heard it's good-I've also heard about the house fires! :eek:

torchbearer
11-27-2008, 05:06 PM

deep frying turkey is the only way to do it in louisiana. everything is deep fried.
they use the same pots they use for boiling crawfish, just use a different mount for the turkey.
cook it with a propane burner outside.

JoshLowry
11-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh -- uh... I sent it in the mail. The postal service must have lost it, or perhaps they seized it... Danged PATRIOT Act.

I thought Yongrel had a bunch of the free turkeys? :confused:

Danke
11-27-2008, 05:40 PM

Yeah, but coming from Yongrel, would you want one? :eek:

constituent
11-27-2008, 06:11 PM
mmmm.... corn dogs and cheese sticks, life is golden.

CurtisLow
11-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Gobble, gobble!

yongrel
11-27-2008, 06:34 PM

I do when it's not time for finals :o

Kotin
11-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Happy Thanksgiving guys.

I am very thankful for this forum.

SnappleLlama
11-27-2008, 09:10 PM
It's a bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on this forum, Bunchies, and RON PAUL!!

/vegetarians can enjoy Thanksgiving, too! Gimme those potatoes!!!

Matt Collins
11-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes. I got to see some family yesterday, I spent the day at my employer's house with his family, and I spent the evening on the beach watching the sunset.

Kludge
11-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm crying on the inside.

Every fuckin' year.

FFS, CSL... Heartless bitch. :mad:

:D

MelissaCato
11-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll too.

raiha
11-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Happy Thanksgiving RPFers even though there's no such thing here...Today, right now I'm thankful for living near the sea in a glorious summer.

acptulsa
11-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Happy Thanksgiving RPFers even though there's no such thing here...Today, right now I'm thankful for living near the sea in a glorious summer.

Spring over already?

Say the word and we'll send you leftovers (turkeys tend to be larger than geese and even us overfed Americans have trouble finishing off the whole thing)...

I'll be making turkey soup in a few days. Hate sculling out all those bones, but it's so worth it.