PDA

View Full Version : Obama cutting budget spending line by line?

rp4prez
11-26-2008, 09:47 AM
So with the reports that Obama is going to go through the federal budget line by line and cut spending to be fiscally responsible do you think that he will actually follow through? What do you think he's going to actually cut?

I personally hope he's going to follow through with it! Starting with Home Land Security! haha ;)

klamath
11-26-2008, 09:56 AM
The new catch phrase is "fiscally restrainted budget increases". DUH! All it means is the priority of spending changes. He will win with the public if that money goes in line what the majority of the Americans want but in reality the government will grow only in slightly different directions than under Bush.

Truth Warrior
11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
I personally seriously doubt that Barry is actually doing it himself. It's probably just been delegated to his staff and advisers to carry out. You know, where the REAL UNELECTED power and agenda is. ;) :p :rolleyes:

Bruno
11-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Yesterday, he said, "I'll give you ONE example." The he mentioned something like a few million dollars that some millionaire famers are getting in subsidies.

Nice details, Barack, :rolleyes: and a drop in the multi-trillion gallon bucket.

rp4prez
11-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Yesterday, he said, "I'll give you ONE example." The he mentioned something like a few million dollars that some millionaire famers are getting in subsidies.

Nice details, Barack, :rolleyes: and a drop in the multi-trillion gallon bucket.

Better than no drops and many drops can make a full bucket. ;)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what he really does if anything. Hence the post in Obama watch! ;)

Catatonic
11-26-2008, 10:45 AM
The new catch phrase is "fiscally restrainted budget increases"

Source?

Bruno
11-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Better than no drops and many drops can make a full bucket. ;)

Guess we'll have to wait and see what he really does if anything. Hence the post in Obama watch! ;)

Obama - "i'll take out three drops and pour in 800 billion gallons more" ;)

BenIsForRon
11-26-2008, 11:04 AM
He said to Lehrer that "you're looking for a hatchet, what we need is a scalpel". There's no way doing small things here and there will have any effect, unless you employed a team of thousands to look at all this spending. But, of course, he doesn't care about reducing spending, because you can't maintain an empire without looting the populous.

Next of all, we need to eliminate whole sectors of the economy, like the auto industry, just let them fail. Americans bought over 1 million SUV's last year. WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL BUYING SUV'S!!!?

HOLLYWOOD
11-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I personally seriously doubt that Barry is actually doing it himself. It's probably just been delegated to his staff and advisers to carry out. You know, where the REAL UNELECTED power and agenda is. ;) :p :rolleyes:

So who determines that all of government needs to take a 15% pay cut?

Just cut every program, oh I forgot... the Puppet Masters make money off of Every program.

Damn what do we do? Oh, we need to figure out another way to Fleece the American Individual... don't worry, there will be hard to find loopholes for the Elitists, Wealth, & Zionists!

Like the Cigerette companies, i.e. ... we'll cut 27 million off the national budget next year and spend $5 BILLION on Propaganda, advertising, brainwashing and spinning what a great job we did cutting the budget.

90% of all statistics can be made to say anything... 100% of the time! Except government, which is 110% of stats and 110% of the time.

JohnMeridith
11-26-2008, 11:39 AM
He said to Lehrer that "you're looking for a hatchet, what we need is a scalpel". There's no way doing small things here and there will have any effect, unless you employed a team of thousands to look at all this spending. But, of course, he doesn't care about reducing spending, because you can't maintain an empire without looting the populous.

Next of all, we need to eliminate whole sectors of the economy, like the auto industry, just let them fail. Americans bought over 1 million SUV's last year. WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL BUYING SUV'S!!!?
why are you drinking beer? Why do you have a tv? Are you seriously questioning why people are buying? BECAUSE THEY WANT THEM!!!

billjarrett
11-26-2008, 02:50 PM
But weren't they against line item vetos a few years ago?

Truth Warrior
11-26-2008, 02:55 PM
But weren't they against line item vetos a few years ago? Only when the GOP is doing the vetoing. Hypocrites! :p :rolleyes:

Truth Warrior
11-26-2008, 03:02 PM
So who determines that all of government needs to take a 15% pay cut?

Just cut every program, oh I forgot... the Puppet Masters make money off of Every program.

Damn what do we do? Oh, we need to figure out another way to Fleece the American Individual... don't worry, there will be hard to find loopholes for the Elitists, Wealth, & Zionists!

Like the Cigerette companies, i.e. ... we'll cut 27 million off the national budget next year and spend $5 BILLION on Propaganda, advertising, brainwashing and spinning what a great job we did cutting the budget.

90% of all statistics can be made to say anything... 100% of the time! Except government, which is 110% of stats and 110% of the time. It's the JOB of the Congress, namely the House, they just DON'T do their job.

It originally took 60 years ( 1789 - 1849 ) cumulatively to spend just the very FIRST BILLION $. :p :rolleyes:

lodge939
11-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, I think the liberal democrats will have something to say about that. This budget is going to be a monster.

Truth Warrior
11-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Well, I think the liberal democrats will have something to say about that. This budget is going to be a monster.

It ALWAYS is. How many millenia is a TRILLION seconds. :p

BenIsForRon
11-26-2008, 06:02 PM
why are you drinking beer? Why do you have a tv? Are you seriously questioning why people are buying? BECAUSE THEY WANT THEM!!!

To enjoy it. To watch it. Yes.

SUV's are wasteful pieces of crap that won't be worth jack shit when gas hits $5+ a gallon. People just like having big cars so much that they will risk financial ruin just to have one.

JohnMeridith
11-26-2008, 06:08 PM
To enjoy it. To watch it. Yes.

SUV's are wasteful pieces of crap that won't be worth jack shit when gas hits $5+ a gallon. People just like having big cars so much that they will risk financial ruin just to have one.
soooo, what if a family of 4 owns a tow camper, boat, jet ski's or likes to go camping? Do you have a family? Getting a family into a sedan AND all the stuff they need isnt that easy.

Catatonic
11-26-2008, 08:07 PM
soooo, what if a family of 4 owns a tow camper, boat, jet ski's or likes to go camping? Do you have a family? Getting a family into a sedan AND all the stuff they need isnt that easy.

Amen. Prior to having a family I drove a little japanese 4 cylendar with a manual transmission.

Granted, it was very fast, but still...

Now post family I'm driving an escalade, gas prices be damned.

klamath
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Source?

It was an article on the front page of Yahoo yesterday or the day before. I tried to find it but was unable to. I shouldn't have put it in quotations as that wasn't the exact wording. It was an attempt to explain how Obama could promote a 500 billion stimulus package and talk about cutting the budget at the same time. It was a real sorry attempt to cover for him.

BenIsForRon
11-27-2008, 12:34 AM

Cool deal, that is a legit use for an SUV. I just get very pissed when I see people driving the things by themselves to work.

Everything all of our president's have done for the past 40 years is about developing this economy around automobile use. That shit isn't sustainable for much longer, but Bammy is planning to invest money like it is. That's my main beef. Sorry to offend, I myself would love to have the problem of finding a vehicle to pull my jet ski to the lake.

WRellim
11-27-2008, 01:11 AM
So with the reports that Obama is going to go through the federal budget line by line and cut spending to be fiscally responsible do you think that he will actually follow through? What do you think he's going to actually cut?

I personally hope he's going to follow through with it! Starting with Home Land Security! haha ;)

First of all, this is pure PR bullshit.

Second, while he certainly WILL be making "cuts" these will ALL be politically motivated cuts -- they will be designed and executed specifically to damage anyone and/or economically cripple or undercut anyone and everyone who *might* possibly oppose his (CFR/NWO) programs and policies (especially political opponents, etc) -- you can count on it.

So what they are REALLY doing is building a new "database" of current government expenditures and cross-referencing it to political "power-players."

How does that work? Simple. If you are a "liberty minded" legislator you can count on the fact that government contracts to companies in your district will be CUT. If you are a Senator and you "oppose" any Obamanomics legislation, you will suddenly find that military bases (or contracts) in your state will be on the "closing list" -- or that some "new" project will be canceled, etc. Conversely, if you reverse your opposition, and are a "team player" then suddenly all kinds of "goodies" will find their way into your district and the pockets of your "friends."

THAT is how the game is played. The "rewards" are dispensed with ROI in mind -- but the ROI is all denominated in political power terms. In essence "right thinking will be rewarded, wrong thinking will be punished."

It's essentially the same game that has been played in Washington for nearly a century now.

And here's the "deconstructive" proof:

It certainly is NOT to "save money" -- seriously, when they are throwing TRILLIONS of dollars down rat-holes (remember a single TRILLION dollars = a MILLION Million dollars), so they are NOT cutting programs in the mere MILLIONS in order to save money.

Just stop and think for a moment -- let's say Obama cuts a "million dollars" out of the budget (line-by-line) every single MINUTE -- in order for him to cut a SINGLE Trillion dollars, that would mean he would need to spend 16,667 hours (cutting a million every minute)....

IF he kept at it constantly, 24 hours a day seven days a week, it would take 694 days (over 23 months -- nearly two years) to cut/save a SINGLE "trillion" dollars. If he spent the entire working day (8 hours) it would take over 2000 days (69 months or nearly 6 years).

Ergo this is NOT about "trimming" the budget.

And in the meantime, the COLA adjustments on Social Security/Medicare, plus Congress and the military spending, not to mention the money that Geither new "Reichsfuhrer" in charge of the Treasury "Christmas for Wall Street" giveaway program -- would increase spending even more.

WRellim
11-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Cool deal, that is a legit use for an SUV. I just get very pissed when I see people driving the things by themselves to work.

Everything all of our president's have done for the past 40 years is about developing this economy around automobile use. That shit isn't sustainable for much longer, but Bammy is planning to invest money like it is. That's my main beef. Sorry to offend, I myself would love to have the problem of finding a vehicle to pull my jet ski to the lake.

Whether it is economically or environmentally PRACTICAL really depends on how FAR they have to travel to work.

If it is a matter of a few blocks (or even a mile or two), then it is actually LESS wasteful to drive the SUV (if it is going to be owned ANYWAY) than it is to purchase ANOTHER vehicle (even if it gets 50 MPG).

Seriously. I drive a 4x4 Truck (the 4WD is absolutely necessary in winter to get to my house, cars just can't make it up the hills with even the least dusting of snow!) -- anyway that truck gets between 15 and 18 MPG. But yet I probably use LESS gasoline than most people who own/drive a Prius. Why? Simple: TOTAL MILES DRIVEN.

This past year I put on less than 3,000 miles (TOTAL). Even at the lowest MPG of 15, that means I used 200 gallons of Gas (and at $4 per gallon, that would only be $800). And keep in mind that the FULL 800 dollars wouldn't cover even TWO payments on a Toyota Prius -- if I had driven a Prius and got say 50 MPG (unlikely) or even just a plain-jane mini-car that got 30 MPG, and driven the SAME MILES -- the most I would have saved is 100 gallons of gas (or $400 at $4 per gallon). How long would I have to drive that mini-car to pay off it's production??? (And keep in mind that I would STILL need the truck for a portion of the year, and for hauling things with the business).

But if we consider the "typical" California commuter -- say someone who drives an hour (60 miles) each way to & from work. That comes to about 30,000 miles per year -- and even in a Prius getting maximum mileage, that's going to burn 600 gallons per year (probably more), which is THREE TIMES the amount I have used.

So the Valley-to-City lifestyle of the "green" California person driving the Prius is significantly more expensive and three times more "harmful" to the environment than my 4x4 truck and my location/lifestyle. (And that is just with the "work" portion for the California person -- we haven't added in any of his "pleasure" or "shopping" driving {whereas the 3,000 was my TOTAL mileage} -- not to mention all of the west-coast to east-coats flying, etc.)

And you have to also consider the total "impact" of all of those miles in terms of how long the vehicles last. I typically buy USED vehicles and then I keep them running for around 10 years (sometimes more). That means in say 40 years or adult life, I will have gone through 4 (maybe 5) vehicles (all of which already existed, and therefore did not "add" to the waste of resources).

Conversely, the California "greenies" tend to buy NEW vehicles every 2 or 3 years (probably 4 max with the mileage they put on). In the same 40 year time span, they will probably have caused the creation of anywhere from 10 to 20 vehicles. That's a LOT of resources wasted.

So next time I drive my 4x4 truck to get groceries... you better NOT whip me the finger from your brand-new Toyota Prius.
:mad:

Conversely, if you want to bitch about the California commuter who drives a Cadillac Escalade or Humvee (or even Prius) on the LA freeway from his home in the Valley... be my guest.
:cool:

Truth Warrior
11-27-2008, 06:44 AM
"If you want to understand, what's REALLY going on, just follow the money!"