PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Radio ads

tekkierich
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I know there is a TV project out there. Is there anything similar currently going on for radio?

I did a little research on Google's adwords audio interface and it seems fairly simple to get rolling. There could be some moderate state wide coverage of key demographics for $500 - $1000 a week in my state (Maryland). They even make it easy to have a ad produced for you. I think the hardest thing would be the whole PAC structure that this type of effort might require. I wonder if the TV project folks are involved in something like this yet, or have any advice to give.

$1000 a week sounds like a lot, but could we not get 100 Paul supporters to donate $10 a week for the remainder of the year for such a project.

I feel that radio would be a great way to reach the non-internet demographic that we need to reach. Marketers will tell you that the key to any message sinking in is repetition (just as Bush and co. re-Iraq and 9/11). Radio can enable us to afford the repetition we need.

skiingff
09-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I know there is a TV project out there. Is there anything similar currently going on for radio?

I did a little research on Google's adwords audio interface and it seems fairly simple to get rolling. There could be some moderate state wide coverage of key demographics for $500 - $1000 a week in my state (Maryland). They even make it easy to have a ad produced for you. I think the hardest thing would be the whole PAC structure that this type of effort might require. I wonder if the TV project folks are involved in something like this yet, or have any advice to give.

$1000 a week sounds like a lot, but could we not get 100 Paul supporters to donate $10 a week for the remainder of the year for such a project.

I feel that radio would be a great way to reach the non-internet demographic that we need to reach. Marketers will tell you that the key to any message sinking in is repetition (just as Bush and co. re-Iraq and 9/11). Radio can enable us to afford the repetition we need.

We definitely need to get the grassroots mass media machine rolling in all early primary states, and all states for that matter, in not only television; but radio, newspapers, magazines, direct mailings, etc as well. I *believe* Lord Xar is working on the radio ads as well as helping out with TV commercials... you might wanna talk to him.

As far as the legalities go, shoot me a PM if you want and I can explain it -- it's actually pretty simple to set up.

Lord Xar
09-09-2007, 04:18 PM

Skiingff is correct -- I have about 4 -6 radio ads about to coming out - 3 in about a week, the last 2 - about a week or a few days after.. that... just come here and see it posted, when ready.. the TV ads, like skiiingfs's (except for the one he has now) will take longer.. that is a little more involved....

Just keep checking back here.

tekkierich
09-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I think something that would be effective would be a way for people to channel their donations towards adds that THEY think would be most effective.

If there where something where you could chose to donate towards adds in particular states that would be awesome. I know it was up for considerable debate at my Meetup whether it would be more benifital to have adds here (Maryland) or in states like NH.

BOTH are right. I DO NOT want people to avoid donating towards adds due to indecision amongst their group on such a topic. If there was something like 50 of those "chipped in" donation boxes on a page, one for each state people could fund whatever local they feel they should. It would give folks the independent control they feel that they want. Plus it would serve as a competitive driving force between states to see who could drive the most donations, and therefor run the most adds.
There could be a add manager for each donation pot that could then do add buys with the funds. People could converse with the manager of the pot if they wanted to have a detailed understanding of the exact add buys. Most I do not think will want input on the adds, just will want to know where to see/hear the adds that they helped pay for.

Lord Xar
09-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I think something that would be effective would be a way for people to channel their donations towards adds that THEY think would be most effective.

If there where something where you could chose to donate towards adds in particular states that would be awesome. I know it was up for considerable debate at my Meetup whether it would be more benifital to have adds here (Maryland) or in states like NH.

BOTH are right. I DO NOT want people to avoid donating towards adds due to indecision amongst their group on such a topic. If there was something like 50 of those "chipped in" donation boxes on a page, one for each state people could fund whatever local they feel they should. It would give folks the independent control they feel that they want. Plus it would serve as a competitive driving force between states to see who could drive the most donations, and therefor run the most adds.
There could be a add manager for each donation pot that could then do add buys with the funds. People could converse with the manager of the pot if they wanted to have a detailed understanding of the exact add buys. Most I do not think will want input on the adds, just will want to know where to see/hear the adds that they helped pay for.

I will be dealing with donations, but I am not gonna solicit anything for "Americans United for Liberty" until I can show you something. Its just how I do it. Remember, my thing is seperate from Skiingff and I don't want to take away from what he is doing. We have two concurrent things going on right now -- so don't confuse them. We hope once things get down to the wire we will pool resources but that is for a different discussion. For now - he has his campaign and I will have my mine -- my approach will be a little different than his.. SO, we should compliment each other well.