PDA

View Full Version : Bad Premise - Good Idea ?

ronpaulhawaii
11-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Can we modify this for our movement?

http://www.wimp.com/niceidea/

Fundraising perhaps?

TastyWheat
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
There's nothing wrong with the premise. I'm not a green freak, but if people want a greener, cleaner world then they need to put their money where their mouths are. At least their doing it with their money and not mine. I'm not sure how this applies to us, unless we want to pool a lot of money for a liberty lobbyist.

evilfunnystuff
11-25-2008, 08:11 PM
ya its hard for me too see how to transfer to our cause

with the greenies there thing is putting the money into enviro friendly stuff for the store/company

where would we want our cash to go to help the business and our cause at the same time as tw suggested maybe lobbyists

but then why would we not just cut out the middleman fund our own lobbyist directly

its just hard for me to see a way to apply this for our cause that we couldnt be more effective by cutting out the middleman

ronpaulhawaii
11-26-2008, 12:29 PM
While it may only work for the larger (metro) groups, I imagine we could do something like

1 - Canvass the shops in the area to see who would donate the biggest percentage of the take to the group

2- Organize the day as an event

3- Have the event

4- Collect the $ and put it into the groups treasury.

Thoughts?

TastyWheat
11-27-2008, 09:14 AM
While it may only work for the larger (metro) groups, I imagine we could do something like

1 - Canvass the shops in the area to see who would donate the biggest percentage of the take to the group

2- Organize the day as an event

3- Have the event

4- Collect the $ and put it into the groups treasury.

Thoughts?
Well, how likely is it that we'd get more money in this bass ackwards manner than just having people donate directly to us? The point of their experiment was to give a store some extra money to help them improve energy efficiency. If the goal was to give the store extra money to lower their prices it never would've happened.