PDA

View Full Version : How should I organize my state CFL meeting?

Matt Collins
11-25-2008, 03:58 PM
We are in the process of planning our state's CFL organizational meeting. What should we do? What are the steps? What must we do? What should we do? What shouldn't we do?

pacelli
11-25-2008, 04:00 PM
We are in the process of planning our state's CFL organizational meeting. What should we do? What are the steps? What must we do? What should we do? What shouldn't we do?

I know you attended the leadership conference. Did they seriously not cover these basic questions?

Matt Collins
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Well I am essentially at the point where I want to see what other State CFLs are doing.

Anyone?

ItsTime
11-25-2008, 08:57 PM
monthly meetings, organizer contacts other groups through out our state to see what they are doing, talk about that at our meetings seeing what we should do or if we should do something else. These are meet up meetings not CFL. But they do end up blending into each other.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Well I am essentially at the point where I want to see what other State CFLs are doing.

Anyone?

We'll never know. Why? Because the current CFL staff is too incompetent to organize the site for communication purposes.

newyearsrevolution08
11-25-2008, 11:00 PM
man this actually bums me out a bit.

If anything I thought that the meetings would be the simplest of tasks for the cfl to help us with.

All that would have been was something LIKE meetup MINUS the monthly fees......

I never saw the need for each ron paul meetup group to have to pay for it, just imagine how much money went down the drain to meetup.com

If they would build up something like that and allow ONLY the group organizers the ability to contact each other (helps reduce spam, trying to promote own things and so on). This would keep the conversations ON TOPIC and towards a target.

Allow each state organizer to try and secure city organizers and then the city organizers try and locate grassroots supporters and volunteers.

This would build a top down chain of command grassroots style

cfl talks to state organizers
state organizers talk to city organizers
city organizers talk to their individual groups

then as we build each of these up and our numbers we will be more ready for the "boots on the street" campaigning AND have an actual structure to things so we ALL know what is going on and what needs to be done.

Make it so cfl CITY organizers MUST continue expanding their groups and report UP to their state organizers and so on. Make people who want to sign up in as a local organizer actually accountable for their efforts, their city and what type of campaigning effort gets underway.

Austin
11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=3145

There ya go Matt. Drew Ivers is the interim-coordinator for Iowa. He's experienced did a lot of good in Iowa. This was the first State CFL Meeting as far as I know. Indiana is having their meeting on December 6th, I will report back what happened the following week.

Good luck, thanks for at least trying to get the ball rolling in your state. :)

EDIT: Look on the Iowa state page, there is some more information on their state meeting