PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Propaganda

DFF
11-25-2008, 02:42 AM
MSNBC has been my homepage for the better part of a decade, but lately, I've noticed a curious anomaly: everyday for the past week and a half, the main article on the front page is about starvation, with very sad images of children suffering from malnutrition or injuries sustained during genocidal wars.

These events aren't new; they've been constantly ongoing ever since I've been alive.

So what's up with all this ink splattered everywhere all of the sudden?

I have my own theories, namely, fear mongering through image association.

People who've lost a fortune log in, see a starving kid, and go "Oh my God, that could be me!", and subsequently make irrational transactions, like dumping decent stocks by the truckload at bargain basement prices.

Then, of course, there's our new incoming President, who, in case you haven't noticed, is black.

So, perhaps there's a sympathy angle being played here as well, to pacify some Americans who aren't happy in the least with the thought of a black President (personally his color doesn't bother me; it's his policies I find abhorrent).

Not that I have to tell most of you guys, but for the ones that don't know, the media are masters at manipulating public perception.

Many are ex-CIA - and some top media anchors are reputed to be current card carrying agents.

Anyway, I don't think I'm being paranoid here. I've noticed - and felt - a disturbance in the Force.

www.msnbc.com

nobody's_hero
11-25-2008, 02:49 AM
MSNBC one of the big 3. Change your homepage. :D

Might I suggest http://www.campaignforliberty.com/ ?

blocks
11-25-2008, 03:53 AM
I used to watch MSNBC all the time before Obama-mania broke loose. I can't bear to watch it nowadays.

lodge939
11-25-2008, 03:58 AM
MSNBC is the official Obama propaganda network.

Anti Federalist
11-25-2008, 04:03 AM
MSNBC has been my homepage for the better part of a decade, but lately, I've noticed a curious anomaly: everyday for the past week and a half, the main article on the front page is about starvation, with very sad images of children suffering from malnutrition or injuries sustained during genocidal wars.

These events aren't new; they've been constantly ongoing ever since I've been alive.

So what's up with all this ink splattered everywhere all of the sudden?

I have my own theories, namely, fear mongering through image association.

People who've lost a fortune log in, see a starving kid, and go "Oh my God, that could be me!", and subsequently make irrational transactions, like dumping decent stocks by the truckload at bargain basement prices.

Then, of course, there's our new incoming President, who, in case you haven't noticed, is black.

So, perhaps there's a sympathy angle being played here as well, to pacify some Americans who aren't happy in the least with the thought of a black President (personally his color doesn't bother me; it's his policies I find abhorrent).

Not that I have to tell most of you guys, but for the ones that don't know, the media are masters at manipulating public perception.

Many are ex-CIA - and some top media anchors are reputed to be current card carrying agents.

Anyway, I don't think I'm being paranoid here. I've noticed - and felt - a disturbance in the Force.

www.msnbc.com

I'll always be the first to entertain a CT about the MSM.

But in this case there's not much to it.

Most likely, some relief organization paid for ads on the site.

Real_CaGeD
11-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Larry McDonald.

Jeremy
11-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Fox News is more balanced than MSNBC.

Mort
11-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Their headliner Olberman could not even bring him self to say positive things about Ron Paul. He is a hero to a lot of people for speaking out against Bush. He didnt even mention that Paul was more antiwar than even the democrats. That was enough for me.

Mort
11-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Foxnews is neocon. Which may be worse than MSNBC because people actually think Foxnews is conservative and get turned off to the idea.

paulitics
11-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Their headliner Olberman could not even bring him self to say positive things about Ron Paul. He is a hero to a lot of people for speaking out against Bush. He didnt even mention that Paul was more antiwar than even the democrats. That was enough for me.

I doubt Olbermann is really that sincere. I think he is the best Bush basher in the business, but thats where my love affair ends. He's a shill for the democrats. Now Maddow is alright, because she had Ron Paul on, and she is pretty good on civil liberties.

Elwar
11-25-2008, 08:52 AM

Think "weapons of mass destruction" or "dirty bombs" before we went to war with Iraq. Remember how scared we were of all of that? Why were we scared? Did we all of the studdenly start studying Iraq and discover its history with Iran and then do our own research to discover the possibility of Hussein having weapons of mass destruction?

No, the media fed it to us slowly but surely and the sheep fell for it and were ok with us eventually going to war. They felt that a war was justified because of what the media created.

Now think...starving people due to genocide...hmm, that's bad...maybe we should do something about this...maybe we should go in and take some sort of action...hmm, maybe a war in parts of Africa that are doing all of these things.

The sheep will feel that a war in Africa is justified because of what the media is creating. I heard a story this morning on NPR (Democrat propaganda station) about some starving people with a man pleading for someone out there to please do something...

War in Africa, within 2 years max. I predicted it.

Original_Intent
11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
I doubt Olbermann is really that sincere. I think he is the best Bush basher in the business, but thats where my love affair ends. He's a shill for the democrats. Now Maddow is alright, because she had Ron Paul on, and she is pretty good on civil liberties.

KO and I had a good series of emails back and forth about a year ago regarding Ron Paul. Essentially he did not like his position on abortion (and to Keith that was a big deal) and I can't remember what else there were a couple of minor complaints. He did concede that Ron Paul had a lot of good positions but he said that he had "no chance", and I noticed that RP was rarely if ever mentioned on "Countdown" - whether that was KO's call or his bosses, who knows?

A. Havnes
11-25-2008, 09:18 AM
He did concede that Ron Paul had a lot of good positions but he said that he had "no chance", and I noticed that RP was rarely if ever mentioned on "Countdown" - whether that was KO's call or his bosses, who knows?

If he had gotten more media attention, I bet he would have had a really good chance! :mad:

Original_Intent
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Yep it is a real chicken and egg problem, by design.

They said he didnt have the financial backing to be taken seriously.

We raised the money.

Then he was dismissed as having no chance by the media and by his own party. The fix was always in, and I suspect Ron knew it from the start. It was just an opportunity to educate some people that were ready for the message.

Agent CSL
11-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Don't forget that 24 on Sunday night was about genocide in Africa, and during the show there were 2 (maybe more - I walked away during commercials some of the time) commercials sponsoring the UN. Then again, FOX is all propaganda - but the seem to be doing it in unison.

CNN, too, has had headliner stories about African genocide the past week.

acptulsa
11-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Yep it is a real chicken and egg problem, by design.

They said he didnt have the financial backing to be taken seriously.

We raised the money.

Then he was dismissed as having no chance by the media and by his own party. The fix was always in, and I suspect Ron knew it from the start. It was just an opportunity to educate some people that were ready for the message.

It was also an opportunity to demonstrate how the system marginalizes a politician who actually works for us. And, yes, over the last six months I have seen people who would never have believed the MSM to be so skewed saying that they noticed and really didn't like the way he was treated. Any of them with sense could and can see how information was withheld from them. And this is perhaps the most important point we can and should be reminding people of.

Ron Paul forced them to be a little too obvious. Has anyone put together a good compilation of their attempts to marginalize him? I know we've done to death McCain laughing at Paul's prediction of recession, but what about the belittling language used specifically by the allegedly 'fair and balanced' talking heads?

Agent CSL
11-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Not to mention the sound manipulation when Ron Paul was speaking. They made his voice sound like a chicken's in that one debate on FOX...
And when they lowered the applause he got...

Anyone remember that?

Athan
11-25-2008, 05:53 PM
MSNBC one of the big 3. Change your homepage. :D

I suggest http://www.ronpaulnews.net

nbruno322
11-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Not only MSNBC, but CNBC and NBC have General Electric as their parent company. General Electric is a huge player in the military industrial complex and also has a huge stake in continuing our , as Mr. Schiff so eloquently puts it, our phony debt financed consumer economy. Bottom line, don't expect to get much but a bunch of shills reading off the establishment line with any of the NBCs.

I can count on one hand the # of times Olbermann mentioned Ron Paul during the last two years.