PDA

View Full Version : Birth Certificate in CA

akihabro
11-25-2008, 02:17 AM
One of my best friends just had a baby. I was trying to look up the laws that say you HAVE to have birth certificate. I found it. http://law.onecle.com/california/health/102415.html Does this say it?
I guess like the rest of you I feel that this is the first step to being "barcoded" for life. What did people do a long time ago when you were born in the bedroom on a farm? Have they lived their whole lives without certificates?
I guess I feel if and when I have a child I might be totally at odds with my wife/GF on this matter and others.
I do understand its hard to get a driver's license, passport and other vital things in life without this official document. Anyone here Amish or know of any? Opinions?

steve005
11-25-2008, 10:47 AM
well they cant put a baby in jail

Zippyjuan
11-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Do you want the child to be treated like an illegal alien all its life without a proper birth certificate?

olehounddog
11-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Births and deaths were recorded in the family bible.

acptulsa
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I recently saw the confirmation of live birth and certification of supporting evidence my grandfather got when he was damn near sixty. It was interesting.

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
One of my best friends just had a baby. I was trying to look up the laws that say you HAVE to have birth certificate. I found it. http://law.onecle.com/california/health/102415.html Does this say it?
I guess like the rest of you I feel that this is the first step to being "barcoded" for life. What did people do a long time ago when you were born in the bedroom on a farm? Have they lived their whole lives without certificates?
I guess I feel if and when I have a child I might be totally at odds with my wife/GF on this matter and others.
I do understand its hard to get a driver's license, passport and other vital things in life without this official document. Anyone here Amish or know of any? Opinions?

I got my driver's license without a birth certificate. I just had to take the tests and fill out the forms. That's all I have to comment about. :D