PDA

View Full Version : How Ron Paul lost and Obama won

I Am Weasel
11-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Obama media love and affection....

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/what/publicity_view.asp?RD=004470101m

Oh, and Ron Paul?

http://w3.newsmax.com/a/feb08/?promo_code=291F-1

plaster it all over, he won't be president. We need to inject that into the public so nothing stupid happens like a liberty oriented president getting into office.

ClayTrainor
11-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Great Post!

I Am Weasel
11-25-2008, 01:36 AM
I was asked in another forum these questions... I'm responding, but need some help... I'm not gonna get into a new world government, though I want to. As for the here and now... can I get some help???

1. Do you think the media is controlled? And if so, by whom? And what is their agenda?

2. So if Bush, Obama, and McCain all have the agenda to spend this country into ruin as you believe, then why?

3. Who molded Obama for the public eye to get elected? Please be specific here.

4. What is the conspiracy you believe and who are the people behind it?

nobody's_hero
11-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Actually, that Newsmax article on Ron Paul looks like it would be interesting. More so than the 3 web-pages full of Obama cover shots.

Working Poor
11-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Dick Morris calls Paul a “total fraud" I would like to know the answer to this....

Conza88
11-25-2008, 05:02 AM

Collectivists.

The Future is Calling - G. Edward Griffin (http://www.lulu.com/browse/preview.php?fCID=2318082)

pacelli
11-25-2008, 05:20 AM
I'm not gonna get into a new world government, though I want to. As for the here and now... can I get some help???

You're not going to get into a new world government, though you want to?

Why do you want to get into a new world government?

sevin
11-25-2008, 05:41 AM
I was asked in another forum these questions... I'm responding, but need some help... I'm not gonna get into a new world government, though I want to. As for the here and now... can I get some help???

1. Do you think the media is controlled? And if so, by whom? And what is their agenda?

2. So if Bush, Obama, and McCain all have the agenda to spend this country into ruin as you believe, then why?

1. Yes, by rich people, to stay rich.
2. Money and power.
3. Dunno.
4. Okay, I think you need to research some of this yourself and draw your own conclusions. None of us have all the answers.

Back to the OP, yeah I'm tired of seeing Obama all over magazine covers when I'm waiting to check out at the grocery store. I'll bet if Ron Paul had got that much attention, people would have elected him. People vote based on their memories and impressions, not based on their beliefs or convictions.

Real_CaGeD
11-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Your answer...Larry McDonald google vid.

FunkBuddha
11-25-2008, 07:42 AM
I would like to know the answer to this....

Dick Morris calling anyone a fraud is laughable.

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Didn't it really all just come down to number of counted votes, or something stupid like that? :D

Elwar
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM

I believe those that own the media companies are going to use their individual companies for their own benefit while still keeping an eye toward making money and staying viable. I don't believe that individual newscasters are given some top-down order except in such cases as not being able to run certain stories that might be deemed in conflict with the company's business (ie media company not doing a bad story about a company that is also controlled by the parent company).
The Sean Hannitys and the Olbermans aren't told what to say by those in charge, but they're hired because of what they say...they hold certain views and they are brought up to the big leagues because they have proven that they will stick with these views. Those lesser known media figures will also tow the same line in a similar way, part because they believed it in the first place and were hired because of it and part because they know that representing those views will give them upward mobility in that media industry.

But those that own the companies can tinker as they wish, and they do. Their agenda is whatever may come. When you run a company you have a tool that can be used for purposes beyond just the product that your company creates. I used to own a bar and I'd let my friends have free cover and some free drinks at the expense of higher prices for other customers, I'd let the waitresses at the restaurant next door get in free and have a few free drinks because I saw it as good for business because they'd more than likely recommend my place to customers, my business partner got out of a speeding ticket because we were required to have a policeman on site for an event and he let him go home early (the speeding ticket went away). Think of that on the world stage of manipulating events.

BlackTerrel
11-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Back to the OP, yeah I'm tired of seeing Obama all over magazine covers when I'm waiting to check out at the grocery store. I'll bet if Ron Paul had got that much attention, people would have elected him. People vote based on their memories and impressions, not based on their beliefs or convictions.

He's also a wickedly smart guy who lifted himself up, became the first black man ever to head the Harvard Law Review, and is a great speaker who inspires people.

Paul is smart in a lot of things, but he's not a guy with charisma or the kind of guy that will stand up and inspire millions when he speaks.

vodalian
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM

The media is controlled by the elite. This includes bankers, the CFR and various other special interests.

To destroy the dollar, opening the door for a new currency, which will yield unimaginable power.

The council on foreign relations, to name one.

See above.

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 03:41 PM
He's also a wickedly smart guy who lifted himself up, became the first black man ever to head the Harvard Law Review, and is a great speaker who inspires people.

Paul is smart in a lot of things, but he's not a guy with charisma or the kind of guy that will stand up and inspire millions when he speaks. Would you happen to have some links to some of the published papers he wrote while at Harvard?

Thanks! :)

A. Havnes
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM

Paul is smart in a lot of things, but he's not a guy with charisma or the kind of guy that will stand up and inspire millions when he speaks.

To elaborate, I think that Dr. Paul inspires a good many people, but unfortunately he doesn't sound good in 30 second sound clips. He has to explain his positions, and he uses terminology that most people don't understand and don't care to educate themselves about. The media blackout didn't help him at, either.

I'd say the other thing about Dr. Paul that didn't win the presdency would be that he can be pessimistic at times. One woman who voted for Obama said she only did so because he seemed more optimistic than McCain, so that's a factor that people take into consideration as well. Ron Paul always claimed that there is hope for the future, but people probably didn't like him saying that our current government is bad and has been for a long time.

They don't enjoy him talking about how unconstitutional our current set-up is, and they particularly didn't enjoy him saying that no matter what we do, the dollar will collapse.

He said that there would be foreclosures, but that the clouds on the horizon would eventually pass over, but people, unfortunately, want instant solutions and don't want to believe that hard times will come.

vodalian
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM

You mean Obama is good at reading from a teleprompter? What about when his teleprompter malfunctions?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc

Ron Paul speaks from the heart, Obama reads scripts.

John of Des Moines
11-25-2008, 04:51 PM

Enter the rabbit hole by first Googling: Operation Mockingbird

The_Orlonater
11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Hah, that article is already laughable. We're all "libertarian-conservatives!"
My fucking christ, american political terminology is a joke.

BlackTerrel
11-25-2008, 11:39 PM
You mean Obama is good at reading from a teleprompter? What about when his teleprompter malfunctions?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc

Ron Paul speaks from the heart, Obama reads scripts.

I don't even think there was a teleprompter at that event. What about the debates? Everyone stumbles on their words when they give speeches 3 times a day, not just Obama.

James Madison
11-25-2008, 11:52 PM

1. Yes, the media is controlled. Google "Operation Mockingbird"--declassified several years ago proves that the CIA set out in the late 40s with the goal of taking over printed, radio, and telivised media.

2. The hope they and their families will be spared most of our fates: death by starvation, war, or bio-attack.

3. Brzinzski, the Rockefellers, Rothchilds, Morgans, DuPonts, etc.

4. I know you didn't ask for it, but complete destruction and the United States economy with the intent to offer global governance as the solution.

yaz
11-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Obama media love and affection....

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/what/publicity_view.asp?RD=004470101m

Oh, and Ron Paul?

http://w3.newsmax.com/a/feb08/?promo_code=291F-1

plaster it all over, he won't be president. We need to inject that into the public so nothing stupid happens like a liberty oriented president getting into office.

http://journalspace.com/new/photos/view.php?i=251169&u=12028&m=1