PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr: "Life was a bitch."

Knightskye
11-24-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.reason.com/news/show/130244.html

In the Middle East you need a knife and fork to drink the coffee.

:D

Barr: Absolutely, it's stronger. Absolutely. The way I look at it, it isn't as if Ron Paul built this foundation over here and our campaign built this one over here, and they're discreet components. We're building one foundation. What Ron Paul did was a tremendous benefit to the Libertarian movement in making people aware of the movement, of our philosophy, of elements people don't usually hear about in a coherent way. The monetary system, and so forth, which Ron talks about very eloquently.

Pretty good read.

Matt Collins
11-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Life's a bitch, and so is Barr for what he did to Ron.

werdd
11-25-2008, 06:46 AM
Barr ran the weakest campaign in LP history, he had the chance to get a great showing but he fucked it all up.

speciallyblend
11-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Life's a bitch, and so is Barr for what he did to Ron.

you have any stats on LP vote totals on this election?? compared to others??

in my eyes bob barr threw votes away!!!

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
The TOTAL 3rd party votes were pretty embarrassing, irrelevant and insignificant as someone on the RPF realistically and correctly predicted. :D

Jeremy
11-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Barr ran the weakest campaign in LP history, he had the chance to get a great showing but he fucked it all up.

Lol, you just completely made that stat up

speciallyblend
11-25-2008, 08:30 AM
The TOTAL 3rd party votes were pretty embarrassing, irrelevant and insignificant as someone on the RPF realistically and correctly predicted. :D

well at least a solid percent still voted against the one party system,that in itself shows the one party system a good amount of people are pissed. we just need to keep growing and voting the corrupt ones out no matter the party,hold them all accountable..

Chester Copperpot
11-25-2008, 08:43 AM
http://www.reason.com/news/show/130244.html

:D

Pretty good read.

Fuck Bob Barr and His CIA allegiance.

acptulsa
11-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Life was a bitch and now Barr's dead to me.

lucius
11-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Ex-spook, but the good kind, right?

acptulsa
11-25-2008, 08:56 AM
Ex-spook, but the good kind, right?

Don't know. Doesn't matter.

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 09:04 AM
well at least a solid percent still voted against the one party system,that in itself shows the one party system a good amount of people are pissed. we just need to keep growing and voting the corrupt ones out no matter the party,hold them all accountable.. I'd say it just provided an accurate repeat snapshot in time of how few folks are currently just considered only silly by TPTB. ;) :D

No problem!!! :rolleyes:

Xenophage
11-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Whenever someone says they want to turn the Libertarian Party into a professional, viable political entity, what they really mean is: "Lets compromise our philosophy so that dumb-asses can get behind us."

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 11:00 AM
"Libertarian Party" ( oxymoron ) = GOP-lite. ;) To the GOP, just "anarchists". :p Less government? Nah, they've just GOT to be kidding.

Matt Collins
11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
The TOTAL 3rd party votes were pretty embarrassing, irrelevant and insignificant as someone on the RPF realistically and correctly predicted. :DThey almost always are.

Except for the fact that the LP helped take NC from McCain which was great. :cool:

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 11:30 AM
They almost always are.

Except for the fact that the LP helped take NC from McCain which was great. :cool: And that changed the outcome, HOW? :rolleyes: Obama didn't win in a single county in Oklahoma. :D

Aratus
11-25-2008, 11:30 AM
most nobly yes, we do owe much to Bob Barr...
O INIAN~~~ERRRRRRR O! how thou didst vote!
---the NEW YORK TYMEs and CLYMEs i dare not quote!
---the lil' dingie a~sunk that didst not float is a boat!
O! O! O! Charles Baldwin, over 20 years thou shall travel far...

O! O! O! ohio was not as schizoid nor flag waving...?
or was Ohio again thusly? O! O! O! and you re-elect thy favorite son!
methinks of dennis kucinich BEING the very same and ONE!
the rEVOLUTIOn this day, this year tres amusante and/or fun...?
O! O! O! this year the NY TYMEs seyz its CHANGE we are a~craving???

Aratus
11-25-2008, 11:34 AM
poor alan keyes has no true idea why both barack obama
and chuck baldwin have beaten him happily badly at times...

UtahApocalypse
11-25-2008, 11:50 AM
"What Ron Paul did was a tremendous benefit to the Libertarian movement in making people aware of the movement...."

Bob Barr finishes his thought in his mind

"That made him a threat so I had to backstab him to loose libertarian votes."

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 11:54 AM
poor alan keyes has no true idea why both barack obama
and chuck baldwin have beaten him happily badly at times... Contests among the "also rans". Who cares? :rolleyes:

werdd
11-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Lol, you just completely made that stat up

what stat?

BKom
11-25-2008, 02:05 PM
My thought was that Barr's reason for running was to smash the LP. In fact, he has done just that. They thought they were getting a real candidate, but what they got was an agent saboteur.

If anyone welcomes Bob Barr in the "freedom movement" at any time in the future, they are dumber than a box of hammers.

Maybe we should take a pledge. "I, (your name here), will never support a candidate who was ever in position to move freedom forward and failed to do so."

That pledge should stop us from ever taking another former neocon or statist of any kind, who upon retirement found out that conservative government growing causes do not pay as well as liberty-minded causes run by those who are easily duped (aka the LP).

This means that Bob Barr and Dick Army and all their ilk are exactly the asshats you thought they always were, and nothing they say now rehabilitates them in the least. Because when they had an actual vote on your liberty, instead of pulling the correct lever, they inserted their voting hand up your behind far enough to reach your wallet and heart and rip them both out of you.

Gaius1981
11-25-2008, 02:10 PM
I believe there is some sense in what he's saying. I do hope that the Libertarian Party is turned into a respectable party based on the classical liberalism of the enlightenment, rather than being an unpredictable party associated with anarchy, truthers, conspiracies and right-wing hippies.

Truth Warrior
11-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I believe there is some sense in what he's saying. I do hope that the Libertarian Party is turned into a respectable party based on the classical liberalism of the enlightenment, rather than being an unpredictable party associated with anarchy, truthers, conspiracies and right-wing hippies. Classical Liberal Party has a nice ring to it.<IMHO> :) Maybe the libertarians could THEN get their now besmirched name back. ;)

The_Orlonater
11-25-2008, 05:04 PM

This election was a joke, all of us just formed into little groups and spreaded our votes across. This time it was our fault. People were stubborn pricks who wouldn't vote for Barr, although it was clear Obama would win. We could of had free ballot access for the LP, but we didn't. Eh, forget it I'm a secessionist now.

Original_Intent
11-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Barr was a prick that Ron Paul couldn't bring himself to support.

If you are going to piss and moan about everyone breaking into their own little groups, why didn't you follow Ron Paul's endorsement and gather behind Chuuck Baldwin.

Oh yeah I forgot, he is a theocratic jerk that was going to force everyone to go to Sunday School :rolleyes:

Knightskye
11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Barr was a prick that Ron Paul couldn't bring himself to support.

Then why'd Ron Paul encourage Barr to run?

BKom
11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Who cares who Ron could or couldn't support. It's like I said. Barr was only in this thing to destroy the LP. He almost HAD to piss off Ron or his mission would not have been complete.

And this is partially Ron's fault for not picking one candidate to support. The entire "vote for a third party" idea, as if the ideas of third parties don't matter, just that they are third parties, was poorly conceived and foolish.

Our fearless leader pulled a dud move. And Barr did what he was trying to do.

There was never any chance that a third party would make a difference this year. The only way it could have would have been if Ron had agreed the R party is unfixable, and run third party himself. But as we all know now, he never wanted the job and enjoys being a congressman too much to leave that job for any reason.

Andrew-Austin
11-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I hear that Bob Barr is a Nazi sympathizer, and that he secretly eats babies.

BKom
11-25-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, that was a pretty funny joke.

Here's what Bob Barr is: Someone who was a major drug warrior who was removed from congress by the LP. And someone who had good reason to hate the LP and MPP and all other libertarian type organizations who had anything to do with dumping him.

What better revenge than taking a regular check from both organizations? I'm glad you asked. How about running an awful campaign and taking the LP even further down the tubes than it already was. Your sarcasm is only funny if it makes a point. When you're describing the leading drug warrior-Nazi in congress, it seems to fall flat.

Knightskye
11-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Maybe we should take a pledge. "I, (your name here), will never support a candidate who was ever in position to move freedom forward and failed to do so."

That pledge should stop us from ever taking another former neocon or statist of any kind

That pledge should stop us from supporting BJ Lawson.

He didn't win, and therefore didn't move freedom forward.

Your pledge kind of bites.

emazur
11-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Here's a copy/paste of what I said on another form:

I didn't know Barr proposed and passed that resolution to get Ron Paul to run as the LP candidate in December. I support and voted for Barr, but didn't like it when he didn't show up for Ron Paul's 3rd Party Conference and when he later said words to the effect of that Ron Paul betrayed us by endorsing a 'theocrat' like Chuck Baldwin. I never even looked at Baldwin's platform until after hearing about Paul's endorsement, and even considered voting for him but decided it would be better for the LP to support Barr (and also Barr is much more tolerant about abortion and gay marriage - issues that don't directly affect me, but show support for different ideological beliefs). It's just a guess but I'll bet a a lot of people who voted Baldwin were RP supporters who would have voted Barr if not for RP's endorsement. Had Barr shown up to the conference, I think Paul would have endorsed him or not have officially endorsed anybody. Due to his age, I'll bet 2012 will be the last time Ron Paul attempts to run for president. If he doesn't get the GOP nomination (hey it could happen - a LOT of shit can go down in the next 4 years given this economy), it seems to me very likely that he would then run as the Libertarian candidate. All Libertarians would vote for him (there were some too hesitant to support Barr given his previous record). Baldwin had stated that the Constitution Party would not have run anybody in '08 had Paul gained the nomination, so if that rang true in 2012 that's more votes for Ron Paul. And hopefully enough Democrats and Republicans will be disgusted enough when the shit hits the fan over the next 4 years (as if it hasn't already...) that they will look for a new direction, and that will be Ron Paul, who already has significant ground roots support to show everyone the way. Perhaps this guy:
http://www.infowars.com/?p=5938
known for his accurate predictions, will be right that a 3rd party will rise when America hits rock bottom. The revolution can be a Bolshevik style one or one in the spirit of 1776. It's up to the American people to see that we make the right choice.

constituent
11-26-2008, 09:28 AM
lol.

no, seriously.

lol. (http://video.aol.com/video-detail/hank-williams-jr-and-sr-theres-a-tear-in-my-beer/1517333538)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-26-2008, 10:26 AM
My thought was that Barr's reason for running was to smash the LP. In fact, he has done just that. They thought they were getting a real candidate, but what they got was an agent saboteur.

If anyone welcomes Bob Barr in the "freedom movement" at any time in the future, they are dumber than a box of hammers.

They got what they deserved for making "name recognition" their main argument.

Neither Barr nor Reason Magazine are friends of liberty.

BKom
11-26-2008, 03:03 PM
That pledge should stop us from supporting BJ Lawson.

He didn't win, and therefore didn't move freedom forward.

Your pledge kind of bites.

In fact, BJ Lawson never had the slightest chance of winning. The Democrat could have dropped dead on TV before the election, and BJ still would not have won. So, your point has no point, unless being stupid was entirely the point. Duh. Nice one.