PDA

View Full Version : Schiff on Savage

blocks
11-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Schiff was on The Savage Nation today. Heard it on my way to class. Pretty good interview around ten minutes long sometime in the middle of the first hour.

nbruno322
11-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Link??

RSLudlum
11-24-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.910knew.com/cc-common/ondemand/

socialize_me
11-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Schiff was on The Savage Nation today. Heard it on my way to class. Pretty good interview around ten minutes long sometime in the middle of the first hour.

Feeding tube or it didn't happen

Tarabell952
11-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I heard it too. It was a good interview. He did the basics.. explained how we got into this mess (too much spending and debt). He explained why the debt and bailouts are bad. Then he said there isn't anything we can do. It's too late. And he predicted hyper-inflation, beginning around the start of Obama's presidency. He said there will be price-fixing which will result in lines for basic things like gas and milk.

Savage completely agreed with him. Good interview.

bojo68
11-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm starting to like Mike Savage, he's right on on the bank stuff....:)

Tarabell952
11-24-2008, 09:55 PM

I am liking him a lot more than I used to. I disagree with him on many social issues, but agree with him quite a bit on economic issues. He has been very strongly opposed to the bailouts and was even talking one day about the NWO and this whole thing being engineered.

Nathan Hale
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
This is Michael Savage we're talking about, right? That guy's a total douchebag. Glenn Beck was somebody that most Paulites misunderstood, but fuckin' Savage? He's certifiably insane.

Tarabell952
11-24-2008, 11:20 PM
This is Michael Savage we're talking about, right? That guy's a total douchebag. Glenn Beck was somebody that most Paulites misunderstood, but fuckin' Savage? He's certifiably insane.

On a number of issues, yes, he's nuts. But he's pretty right in being against the seemingly unending government bailouts of private institutions. So I agree with him there..

tremendoustie
11-24-2008, 11:22 PM
On a number of issues, yes, he's nuts. But he's pretty right in being against the seemingly unending government bailouts of private institutions. So I agree with him there..

At the beginning of that clip he's talking about how we should bail out GM because they supply tank engines to the US army, so I wouldn't say he's quite got it yet ...

Tarabell952
11-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Really? I missed the beginning of the segment. Well, nevermind what I said then.

tremendoustie
11-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Really? I missed the beginning of the segment. Well, nevermind what I said then.

You're not totally wrong, he's opposed to a lot of the bailouts, and is definitely angry at a lot of the right people. Just letting you know he's not ALL there yet ;)

AdamT
11-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Wiener Savage is nearly as neoconned as Hannity. Glad to hear he had Schiff on though. Maybe his zombified audience learned something new.

blocks
11-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Wiener Savage is nearly as neoconned as Hannity. Glad to hear he had Schiff on though. Maybe his zombified audience learned something new.

Maybe you haven't listened to Savage enough, but I do; I love his show. He's an incredible storyteller and radio host. He does have a rather large ego, he can get a bit too nationalistic at times, and frankly I enjoy his non-political stuff more than the rest. The most important difference between Hannity and Savage is: Savage is an independent thinker opposed to a Neocon bootlicker like Hannity. The difference between Savage and the MSM is Savage doesn't pretend to be selling you "fair & balanced," he's his own man and you can support him or choose not too. He tells it like it is to him. I have all the respect for him on that.

Savage is what I like to call a "semi-flawed genius."

akihabro
11-25-2008, 03:36 AM
That wouldn't be Schiff as in Adam B. Schiff (D - CA) of the 29th district would it?

blocks
11-25-2008, 03:51 AM
That wouldn't be Schiff as in Adam B. Schiff (D - CA) of the 29th district would it?

Unfortunately no, we could only hope that Peter Schiff was a member of Congress. Schiff questioning Bernanke and Paulson would be a whole lotta fun.

schiffstudent
11-25-2008, 04:02 AM
Unfortunately no, we could only hope that Peter Schiff was a member of Congress. Schiff questioning Bernanke and Paulson would be a whole lotta fun.

That would be a treat, Ron Paul has questioned them throughout this whole debacle, but he hasn't gotten angry and grilled them, that's what we need. Someone to make a scene, so then it might get some media play.

purplechoe
11-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Maybe you haven't listened to Savage enough, but I do; I love his show. He's an incredible storyteller and radio host. He does have a rather large ego, he can get a bit too nationalistic at times, and frankly I enjoy his non-political stuff more than the rest. The most important difference between Hannity and Savage is: Savage is an independent thinker opposed to a Neocon bootlicker like Hannity. The difference between Savage and the MSM is Savage doesn't pretend to be selling you "fair & balanced," he's his own man and you can support him or choose not too. He tells it like it is to him. I have all the respect for him on that.

Savage is what I like to call a "semi-flawed genius."

I used to listen to Savage. I went through a period of time when I used to listen to all of them, Savage, Ingraham, Medved, Hannity, Limba, O'Reilly, Hewitt, etc.. Savage was the closest to the truth. By far the worst is Medved. I tune in once in a while and what frustrates me about Savage is that I know that he knows more truth about what's going on then he lets on. Plus he calls Iranian president Hitler of our time. His Jewish background either blinds him to the truth, or he's in on it and is another part of control in the system. Either way, he called Ron Paul a nut case and in the end endorsed McCain. He's either part of the system or just another useful idiot (quite a brilliant idiot I might add). "That's all...."

He can rot in hell for all I care. Trust me, he will never truly come around.

zmyrick19
11-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Found it on Youtube.

Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHix4LCPRk

Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvTGzIjzX7E

Deborah K
11-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Okay, now I'm convinced......Savage is a closet Ron Paul supporter.....he HAS to be.....let's pull him out of the closet!

free.alive
11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Savage is a mess. He's often protectionist, pretty much a Buchananite on trade. He derides what I've heard him call "market fundamentalists." He believes the president should run the economy.

Savaged may be willing to learn - a la Beck. Problem is, if he begins to feel certain about something, he shouts down and ridicules callers who dissent or try to debate or critique his viewpoint. If he's on our side, that's not so bad, but fat chance.

* I have a new idea, but I need to start another thread!

ArrestPoliticians
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
I listened to this on Youtube. It was a good interview, but Schiff had a HUGE chance to name Ron Paul and wake up the Sheeple Nation and he missed it.

cska80
11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Savage is on our side based on his own platform; borders, language and culture. He just needs to be educated on what our true culture of freedom and liberty was since, in my opinion, our culture can be best summed up by stating that it is a culture based on freedom and liberty. Everything in our movement, I think, stems from those three values. Borders, language and culture. Over the years, I've found (from listening almost every night) that Savage has been sheding his neocon tendencies and replacing them with libertarian ideals.

Brian4Liberty
11-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Okay, now I'm convinced......Savage is a closet Ron Paul supporter.....he HAS to be.....let's pull him out of the closet!

Savage would have Ron on every day, if Ron were to make the protection of Israel his number one priority. ;)

ArrestPoliticians
11-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Savage is on our side based on his own platform; borders, language and culture. He just needs to be educated on what our true culture of freedom and liberty was since, in my opinion, our culture can be best summed up by stating that it is a culture based on freedom and liberty. Everything in our movement, I think, stems from those three values. Borders, language and culture. Over the years, I've found (from listening almost every night) that Savage has been sheding his neocon tendencies and replacing them with libertarian ideals.

I listened to him for 5 years and stopped after the election. He throws in tidbits of truth with propaganda. At the end of the day he will always support the GOP and bash the enemies of Israel.

lodge939
11-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Peter was on CNN and CNBC yesterday, iirc. Youtube!

Brian4Liberty
11-25-2008, 01:04 PM

Savage isn't changing, and he is well aware of his points of agreement and disagreement with Ron Paul.

As for the anarchist wing of the RPF, they would probably disagree with borders, language and culture.

Savage is anti-corporatist (along with Dobbs), which is rare, and some of us agree with that.

ClayTrainor
11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Great interview, thanks for the 'tube :cool:

Scribbler de Stebbing
11-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Peter was on CNN and CNBC yesterday, iirc. Youtube!

Thought I saw on EuroPac.net that he was scheduled for something yesterday, but his site wouldn't come up yesterday.

I'm a slave to Schiff YouTubes, and will stay glued to my computer until I see them. So step smartly, you Tubists! (Yeah, I'll go a-looking too.)

BlackTerrel
11-25-2008, 11:45 PM

Savage is a racist. I'm honestly amazed that in these days they still allow that a-hole on the air.

Brian4Liberty
11-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Savage is a racist. I'm honestly amazed that in these days they still allow that a-hole on the air.

He is certainly anti-gay or homophobic. Not sure if he has been explicitly racist though. Unless you are confusing borders and immigration positions with racism.

Taking him off the air for his positions wouldn't be very libertarian, and would also be in violation of the First Amendment. Of course his employer could fire him, but he has already gotten away from that type of employer.

amonasro
11-26-2008, 11:00 AM
He is certainly anti-gay or homophobic.

This has crossed my mind more than once. In general, he is very friendly to male callers while being dismissive and rude to most females. Combine that with his ironic hatred for the ultra gay-friendly city he CHOOSES to live in, San Francisco, then add his OWN stories about him carrying his little dog around in a bag to high-end department stores. He is also divorced.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm ..... :D

BlackTerrel
11-26-2008, 02:02 PM
He is certainly anti-gay or homophobic. Not sure if he has been explicitly racist though. Unless you are confusing borders and immigration positions with racism.

Taking him off the air for his positions wouldn't be very libertarian, and would also be in violation of the First Amendment. Of course his employer could fire him, but he has already gotten away from that type of employer.

I don't know what it means explicitly racist - he's never said the N word or any one statement that you could pinpoint and say "aha" because he knows that would get him fired. But just listen to him for an entire show and there's no denying it.

tajitj
11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I heard some of that by accident. Usually home by the time Savage comes on. Got very mad when the signal went bad when I was close in the driveway.

Crowish
11-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Savage/Weiner used to go naked swimming with Allen Ginsburg.

Methinks he doth protest overmuch.