PDA

View Full Version : FED: End the Fed again

AJ Antimony
11-24-2008, 08:17 PM
In response to the End the Fed Protests and the thread on Digg,

It looks to me the best thing to do right now is to do the protests again. End the Fed protests actually produced a decent amount of media coverage, especially when you compare to Digging articles and the CFL.

So instead of thinking of new shit to do, maybe keep it simple and just protest the Fed again. And if you can get 20 new people to tag along, then the more the merrier.

And if you can get more people to join each time, then the media exposure will increase too.

mstrmac1
11-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I like that idea... keep the heat on so the water will boil!! Besides I was not able to show up for this one. Lets do it again BUT BIGGER!

haaaylee
11-24-2008, 09:53 PM
don't wait for the anniversary- we need these every few months. more awareness. more participants. and i think making these marches vs just staking outside the fed (ie- for houston we were in a park and had almost no passer-bys) would help. lots of hand - outs and clearly read signs. keep it up!

mstrmac1
11-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Has anyone jumped on this idea yet... I think people were a little sleep at the wheel on the first one ...I know I was.

Brad Zink
11-24-2008, 10:05 PM
The most effective thing is to hand out fliers and DVDs to people on the street. If we did this every month, it would have a great impact in educating the public. This is something that can be done in every town in America.

The Federal Reserve Act went into effect on December 23, 1913. We could hand out DVDs as Christmas presents on the 23rd of this year in cities across the nation.

AJ Antimony
11-24-2008, 10:25 PM
Why not a protest every 2 weeks? 4 weeks at the most?

Brad Zink
11-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Why not a protest every 2 weeks? 4 weeks at the most?

We could do an event on the 22nd of each month until we End the Fed.

heavenlyboy34
11-24-2008, 10:32 PM

It looks to me the best thing to do right now is to do the protests again. End the Fed protests actually produced a decent amount of media coverage, especially when you compare to Digging articles and the CFL.

So instead of thinking of new shit to do, maybe keep it simple and just protest the Fed again. And if you can get 20 new people to tag along, then the more the merrier.

And if you can get more people to join each time, then the media exposure will increase too.

Good idea! Maybe someone could make it an annual event or something. :D

Brad Zink
11-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Good idea! Maybe someone could make it an annual event or something.

A monthly event on the 22nd of each month would give our Ron Paul meetup groups something tangible to organize.

JiMMy_247
11-24-2008, 10:41 PM
It's really great to see this thread. I started one with the same premise earlier today here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=170012) and it has sparked a few ideas along the way as well.

I'm honesetly not trying to highjack or take anything away from this thread. I just wanted to show that this is becoming a pretty popular idea.

fr33domfightr
11-24-2008, 10:44 PM
The next thing I'm aware of is, Steven Vincent wanted to get 1 Million signatures supporting H.R. 2755, delivered to Congress on Jan. 22, 2009. He was also talking about getting 5000 people marching at each of the Federal Reserve locations on March 14, 2009. In the main End The Fed meetup, http://www.meetup.com/End-The-Fed/ there are quite a few flyers for download, and the petition, H.R. 2755 Petition.

FF

TER
11-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm in.

ShowMeLiberty
11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Great idea! These one-time events don't really have much impact in the long run, but an ongoing, visible effort would be hard to ignore.

tremendoustie
11-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Definitely a good idea, I'd go every month. Heck, I just spent a good chunk of change on signs, might as well reuse them. It'd have to be on Saturdays though, I wouldn't be so stuck to a date that you end up losing everyone who has a job.

AJ Antimony
11-24-2008, 11:14 PM
It's really great to see this thread. I started one with the same premise earlier today here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=170012) and it has sparked a few ideas along the way as well.

I'm honesetly not trying to highjack or take anything away from this thread. I just wanted to show that this is becoming a pretty popular idea.

Yes and that thread made some great points

tremendoustie
11-24-2008, 11:21 PM

My spidey sense is tingling that you have been unjustifiably flamed at some point in the past. Don't worry, you're awesome :D. And I completely agree with your point that this is something we can all get behind -- let's have end the fed rallies every month!!

heavenlyboy34
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM

I looked through your deviant art, and got some good ideas. Thanx for stopping by! :D

evilfunnystuff
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Definitely a good idea, I'd go every month. Heck, I just spent a good chunk of change on signs, might as well reuse them. It'd have to be on Saturdays though, I wouldn't be so stuck to a date that you end up losing everyone who has a job.

i disagree they should be a fixed date of the month so its a differant day of the week most of the time that way folks who are at these locations only on certain days will eventually see them

fatjohn
11-25-2008, 03:13 AM
Sure make flyers inviting everyone to join the following month!!!

Nate K
11-25-2008, 06:07 AM
A monthly event on the 22nd of each month would give our Ron Paul meetup groups something tangible to organize.

THIS is an excellent idea!

Nate K
11-25-2008, 06:09 AM
who organizes these rallies? We should contact them asap. Great thinking peeps

JiMMy_247
11-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Yes and that thread made some great points

My spidey sense is tingling that you have been unjustifiably flamed at some point in the past. Don't worry, you're awesome :D. And I completely agree with your point that this is something we can all get behind -- let's have end the fed rallies every month!!

Thanks for all the kind replies; personally I’m glad to see this End the Fed thing is getting people worked up and working together. I'll get behind any work that moves this forward. We began discussing the merits of simply handing out literature around our respective towns at certain locations and on a weekly basis. Not to say we're gonna avoid rallies; (I think we have another one next month scheduled near where I live) only to suggest that handing out educational material on the Fed requires little to no planning but helps a lot when the rallies do come around by creating more support. Plus doing so has a decent impact in itself.

I looked through your deviant art, and got some good ideas. Thanx for stopping by! :D

Cool, I wondered if anybody ever actually clicked on those links before. I was checking yours out too... and wow, that's one heckuva gallery you've got going there. It’s gonna take a while to go through all of it. How do you create the checkerboard designs; are they generated by an app or made by hand?

gilliganscorner
11-25-2008, 07:20 AM
I really like this idea. It doesn't come with the baggage of being an issue people are already "set in their ways" with, nor is it preset with the ruse of partisan hacking.

Since inception, the Fed has been a very low key, boring, mundane institution that the people are not educated in, as all discussion of it by the State indoctrination camps called "public education", has hypnotized the masses to think that the "murky world of economics is best left to the experts." And that is by design - pay no attention to the men behind the curtain.

At least you folks are lucky enough to have the history of the Fed online. Here in Canada, our Central Bank (BoC) doesn't quite have the same "sinister" background. In fact, very little is known of the political battles and the players in the creation of the BoC. It is almost like that section of history has been erased and replaced with nothing. A complete dead zone. I keep looking for info, but nada, zip, zilch.

Commencing operations as a private bank in 1935, it was nationalized by our Prime Minister, William Lyon Mackenzie King in 1938. One would think it would have been a titanic battle a la Andrew Jackson vs. Nicholas Biddle. Nope. There must have been something in it for the banks, or they would have had King removed. It has one shareholder: The Federal Government. It operates the same way the Fed does with different terminology. Lipstick on a pig.

Anyway, I like the idea of spreading the idea of ending the Fed. It is probably the best "thin edge of the wedge" issue or as the OP said, "a gateway drug" to liberty.

Good luck!

brandon
11-25-2008, 07:25 AM
This is a good idea, and I will participate. But the media coverage will decrease with each protest unless the number of protesters is growing exponentially. We don't want to have the protests so frequently that barely anyone ever shows up and no one notices.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 07:29 AM
This is a good idea, and I will participate. But the media coverage will decrease with each protest unless the number of protesters is growing exponentially. We don't want to have the protests so frequently that barely anyone ever shows up and no one notices.

it will grow rapidly and I guarantee you that. Persistence my friend - people will catch on and the people who faded out after RP's run will return.

To be honest I didn't go to the last Fed protest in Pittsburgh - partly because I was sick and partly because I doubted it would lead to anything. If you keep at it with anything it will be noticed in time.

gilliganscorner
11-25-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention.

I would hope that if Americans start questioning at large the legitimacy of the Fed, it might spill over here into Canada where we would start to question the existence of the BoC.

Brad Zink
11-25-2008, 07:37 AM
who organizes these rallies? We should contact them asap. Great thinking peeps

The organizers are listed here:
http://endthefed.us/organize.php

We can have these events all over the country, rather than exclusively at the Federal Reserve locations. The people in Indianapolis didn't have a Fed in their hometown, so they improvised in front of a Chase Bank downtown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeUh22gBoY

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Ready to pump heavy metal, but soooo inept.

Bunnies.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 07:41 AM
The organizers are listed here:
http://endthefed.us/organize.php

We can have these events all over the country, rather than exclusively at the Federal Reserve locations. The people in Indianapolis didn't have a Fed in their hometown, so they improvised in front of a Chase Bank downtown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeUh22gBoY

I mean the site owner. Whoever owns the site should update it for the next date (Dec. 22?) and inform all meetup groups of it.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 07:45 AM
I mean the site owner. Whoever owns the site should update it for the next date (Dec. 22?) and inform all meetup groups of it.

God forbid!

In Australia, or New Zealand, we would march on Parliament!

Sure as shit.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 07:47 AM
You Yanks are tamed.

Brad Zink
11-25-2008, 07:50 AM

Steven Vincent
EndTheFed@sbcglobal.net
Phone: 414-256-1307
http://www.meetup.com/End-The-Fed/members/4231113/

Nate K
11-25-2008, 07:59 AM
just emailed him

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 08:05 AM
just emailed him

Great.

But I learned one thing after donating and supporting Ron Paul for months...

Americans are drama queens who elect bunnies.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 08:08 AM
Great.

But I learned one thing after donating and supporting Ron Paul for months...

Americans are drama queens who elect bunnies.

what are you talking about

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 08:16 AM
what are you talking about

I dunno know...

Guess I'm dissolusioned by the way America is being systematically dismantled,
and all you guys do, is rant on about liberty, but you are too piss-weak.

You are bunnies.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Where I live, we hold our government accountable.

They fuck up big time...

We have their guts for garters.

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Cool, I wondered if anybody ever actually clicked on those links before. I was checking yours out too... and wow, that's one heckuva gallery you've got going there. It’s gonna take a while to go through all of it. How do you create the checkerboard designs; are they generated by an app or made by hand?

They're done in Adobe CS3. Vector art is marvelous! :D I used to have to do that by hand back in my art school days. :eek:

Nate K
11-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Where I live, we hold our government accountable.

They fuck up big time...

We have their guts for garters.

Well if that's the case then everyone should be flocking to Australia double time for their freedom, liberty and natural rights. Dismantle parliament with your mates and I'll immigrate over, deal?

A. Havnes
11-25-2008, 08:28 AM
I think this would be a great idea, but we should also expand upon it. For example, while we're protesting, why not have a stand of copies of the Constitution to pass out to people, or maybe we can get CFL to make some great pamphlets for the occasion? This way people know that we're not ending the Fed for globalism, and also know that a free market isn't the economic hazard that our government makes it out to be.

Deregulation = answer, not cause.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Well if that's the case then everyone should be flocking to Australia double time for their freedom, liberty and natural rights. Dismantle parliament with your mates and I'll immigrate over, deal?

You would love this country.

I lived in Chicago for 9 years, and Albuquerque for 9 years, followed by stints in Flagstaff, Cody, San Francisco, and L.A.

OZ is good.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 08:43 AM

A Parliamentary system (Australian), is by no means perfect, but it shits all over the corrupt Senate and House of Representatives.

We get shit done.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 08:50 AM
The best thing about OZ-land, is our population is thirty million, and we are the same size as America.

Young and free.

Mort
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
what's the OZ unemployment rate? just curious

TER
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
How about protesting outside shopping malls on the weekend before Christmas when they will be packed with shoppers? We could dress up in nice suits like bankers and hand out paper money we 'just printed up'. When they go to reach for the paper money, we can put it back in our pocket and tell them that they owe us the money and now we expect interest. Finally, we could give them a flier to educate them about the Fed.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
The best thing about OZ-land, is our population is thirty million, and we are the same size as America.

Young and free.

Free eh? Can you own a gun?

How about protesting outside shopping malls on the weekend before Christmas when they will be packed with shoppers? We could dress up in nice suits like bankers and hand out paper money we 'just printed up'. When they go to reach for the paper money, we can put it back in our pocket and tell them that they owe us the money and now we expect interest. Finally, we could give them a flier to educate them about the Fed.

LOL, think it might confuse/piss of people more than necessary. Nice mall setting idea tho

TER
11-25-2008, 08:58 AM
LOL, think it might confuse/piss of people more than necessary. Nice mall setting idea tho

Exactly the idea. People sometimes need to get pissed before they wake up.

Also, being so close to the holiday, perhaps it would find its way into discussion at family Christmas get-togethers.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Exactly the idea. People sometimes need to get pissed before they wake up.

Also, being so close to the holiday, perhaps it would find its way into discussion at family Christmas get-togethers.

Why not hand out monopoly money and tell them it's an "economic stimulus plan"? :D

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 09:16 AM
what's the OZ unemployment rate? just curious

I'm not sure, but it is probably similar to Americas.

It's kinda of easier to be unemployed here.

Less authoritarian.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 09:21 AM

Yes, I own a Ruger .44 double action revolver, a New England Firearms 410 shotty, and a boitto side-by -side 12 gauge shotty.

roho76
11-25-2008, 09:26 AM
I mentioned yesterday that this should be done more regularly. Once a month would be nice.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 09:33 AM

Guess I could take you pig hunting, or strain your biceps on a wild-fish.:D

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Nahhh...You will do for shark-bait.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Nahhh...You will do for shark-bait.

Are you bipolar or just really hung-over?

Stay on topic.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Are you bipolar or just really hung-over?

Stay on topic.

I'm not hung-over, or bipolar sonny boy.

You mockingly inquired as to my fire-arm status in Australia.

Let's go pig hunting.

JamesButabi
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
If we are going to be serious about this, heres a couple suggestions we need to forward to EndTheFed.

1) Massive site overhaul - Let some people with web design skills (plenty of us here) take their site to an acceptable level. Politely offer their webmaster free assitance to come up with a new design that he would approve of. I feel embarrassed to be passionate about an issue, and send people to a website that is scattered and visually unacceptable. It makes the movement look unorganized and unprofessional. They need educational information and rational ideas of the movement categorized throughout the main site, links to supporters, and maybe an open forum to discuss the rallys specifically broken into regions.

2) Coordinate efforts. There should be coordination / announcements from major PACs (C4L, liberty PAC), forums (RPF, ETF, BTM, DailyPaul ) and.....

3) Reach Outs - We should look to former Barr, Nader, Baldwin, 3rd Party sites and have them support this effort. We should openly invite them to a common cause, and use videos from the first ETF rally to show them there is already a huge following.

This wouldnt take a humongous amount of effort, yet would go a hell of a long way pushing this. Im thinking we should forward these statements, spefically option 1 to the ETF webmaster to get the ball rolling.

mstrmac1
11-25-2008, 12:58 PM
So when is the next one? I have an email out to people who have been sitting on the sidelines and want to start to participate... END THE FED ... AGAIN!

Nate K
11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
UPDATE:

Steve Vincent, EndtheFed.us site owner emailed me back pretty quick. His response to the general ideas on this thread, "You won't hear me complaining! If I know the "when's and where's" I will promote it."

Both messages were forwarded to a meetup group. Now we must all come on agreement on these where's and whens and we can make this a reality.

Gotta go to work now bbl

libertygrl
11-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I dunno know...

Guess I'm dissolusioned by the way America is being systematically dismantled,
and all you guys do, is rant on about liberty, but you are too piss-weak.

You are bunnies.

Actually, we're more like turtles. Throughout our history, it seems we're slow to get moving on things. Not everyone was on board right away with the American Revolution either! It's unfortunate, but we seem to get going only when our back's are finally pushed up against the wall.

I just hope people don't wait too long this time around because the clock is ticking and time is running out. As far as being piss-weak, I dare you to say that to the face of a NYC firefighter and other emergency personnel, who ran up the Twin Towers as it was engulfed by flames and about to collapse, without any regard to their own well being. I saw how every day Americans from many other states all came together that day, inhaling toxic fumes and seeing body parts, as they united to help other fellow Americans despite the horror that had befallen us.

Maybe at times we do give the impression that we're "bunnies" but when the chips are down we do rise to the occassion. I'll never forget what people did that day on 9-11, so I know that as Americans we still have it in us to be strong.

JamesButabi
11-25-2008, 02:11 PM
UPDATE:

Steve Vincent, EndtheFed.us site owner emailed me back pretty quick. His response to the general ideas on this thread, "You won't hear me complaining! If I know the "when's and where's" I will promote it."

Both messages were forwarded to a meetup group. Now we must all come on agreement on these where's and whens and we can make this a reality.

Gotta go to work now bbl

As I said a few posts up, if we are going to use this action as a centrally rallying point, and EndTheFed.us as a central rallying website, we need permission to clean up its design, structure, and integrity.

Please post if you agree/disagree with this. If most agree and I will write an email to him again to see if the webmaster would oblige.

Brad Zink
11-25-2008, 03:07 PM
As I said a few posts up, if we are going to use this action as a centrally rallying point, and EndTheFed.us as a central rallying website, we need permission to clean up its design, structure, and integrity.

Please post if you agree/disagree with this. If most agree and I will write an email to him again to see if the webmaster would oblige.

Agreed. One thing that they need is a message forum. The forum could be the place where each city's group could post their upcoming events. For instance, one forum could be labeled "December 22nd" and people could post threads devoted to their hometown activities.

JamesButabi
11-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Agreed. One thing that they need is a message forum. The forum could be the place where each city's group could post their upcoming events. For instance, one forum could be labeled "December 22nd" and people could post threads devoted to their hometown activities.

right or a division of the 38 Fed Branches, so you could enter whichever branch you are closest to organize.

Brad Zink
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Also, since most cities don't have Federal Reserve branches, people could organize events for their town square, or in front of major banks like Chase, Wells Fargo and Citigroup.

AJ Antimony
11-25-2008, 04:20 PM

What's sad is that I thought CFL was supposed to be the main website. Months later it's still not much more than a blog, and we're still using our own websites to promote our plans and ideas.

smileylovesfreedom
11-25-2008, 04:25 PM

Yes, I would love to see some improvements on the site. There should be an easy to access area with events from each city. Meet-ups and e-mail lists only reach so many people so having it listed on an easy to remember website helps.

Nate K
11-25-2008, 08:55 PM
I agree James, the problem is actually getting that done. I don't doubt he'll allow permission for someone to fancy it up, but who's going to do it, will they do it for free?

Let us know his response if you're emailing him.

mefleabyte
11-25-2008, 09:17 PM

EndtheFed.us is continuing. Received email of national conference call tonight.

THE END HAS BEGUN!

End the Fed activists did an outstanding job in record time pulling together the first ever simultaneous rallies at every Fed location. We now have a basic organization in place and our movement is growing. Let’s keep the momentum going!

Here’s what’s next:

SUPPORT HR 2755. 1 MILLION petition signatures, phone calls and faxes to Congress by January 22nd
STAMP OUT THE FED. Let’s make an “impression” on millions of eyes
BURN THE FRN. Let’s get a fire of freedom and rejection of the funny munny system burning.
END THE FED RALLIES II. Targeting 5,000 ralliers in 50 locations for a quarter million participants; target date in March or April
FORM COMMITTEES TO BUILD OUR ACTION PROGRAM.

Organizers and participants of the rallies, please call in to share and report and offer your ideas on the future of our exciting movement.

We are off to a great launch of the most vital, fastest growing transpartisan citizens movement for REAL CHANGE in America. Remember the End BEGAN for the Fed on November 22nd, the it is just the very beginning for our movement!

Get in touch with Local Organizers and Local Organizing Groups here: http://endthefed.us/organize.php

Thank you.

Please note this will be our last conference call using this phone number...switching to a better system next week!

Your Friend in Freedom,

Steven Vincent

End the Fed! Website:
http://www.EndTheFed.US
End the Fed Blog:
http://www.EndTheFed.blogspot.com
End the Fed! Organizing Sites:
Meetup: http://www.RonPaul.Meetup.com/186
Restore the Republic: http://www.RestoreTheRepublic.net
Ning: http://endthefedusa.ning.com
Facebook: http://apps.new.facebook.com/causes/121483
Cool END THE FED! and Liberty Themed T-shirts and Stuff:
http://www.endthefed.us/order.html

Visit End The Fed U.S.A. at: http://endthefedusa.ning.com

Nate K
11-25-2008, 09:29 PM
wow I just realized that this meetup group (http://www.meetup.com/End-The-Fed/) was the one Steve Vincent forwarded my message to along with his response. More than 1,000 members!

I included the link to this thread in my original question..Sure to get some input on this from others.

jake
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
agreed.. what about a media campaign for end the fed? (nothing crazy, just each meetup can raise money to advertise the protests??)

Nate K
11-25-2008, 10:11 PM
agreed.. what about a media campaign for end the fed? (nothing crazy, just each meetup can raise money to advertise the protests??)

I think the money donated would be better spent on protest equipment (like slim jims handed out at the event). We made the headlines in several media outlets already on Nov. 22.

Not to count on the media to advertise what we do, but.. basically count on the media :). Local news isn't as controlled.

Nate K
11-26-2008, 10:56 AM
bupm

malkusm
11-26-2008, 11:17 AM
If we don't have anything concrete set yet, I'd like to pitch this out there:

Rather than having an End the Fed rally in front of the Fed buildings every month, why not concentrate our efforts on having a rally each weekend in 2-3 cities, rotating the cities around each week?

The benefits to this:

-Materials could be created at a central location and distributed to the cities where they are needed each week.

-Members of the movement who were not having active rallies that week could focus their time and energy on alerting the media in those cities where there were rallies being held, as well as writing letters to Congressmen in support of the legislation, etc.

-Rotating the schedule in a predetermined way would allow a schedule to be posted on the website, and those interested would easily be able to find out when the next rally is in their city.

-Chance for media presence each week, rather than every couple months; and also the ability to apply the pressure with greater concentration rather than having it spread out among all the cities.

In addition to this though, we would need to spread this type of thing into more than just the few major cities that have Fed buildings...not sure how to go about that.

Brad Zink
11-26-2008, 12:23 PM
If we don't have anything concrete set yet, I'd like to pitch this out there:

Rather than having an End the Fed rally in front of the Fed buildings every month, why not concentrate our efforts on having a rally each weekend in 2-3 cities, rotating the cities around each week?

This would require funding, infrastructure and central planning. The beauty of the END THE FED events were that they were independently run by people on the ground in each of the participating cities.

Here's a concept that could revive the Ron Paul meetup groups: instead of having people travel long distances for events, we could encourage the local meetup groups to go out on the streets of their hometown to hand out fliers and DVDs. We could have massive rallies on occasion, but the monthly events could literally be in hundreds of different towns simultaneously.

MRoCkEd
11-26-2008, 12:45 PM
great idea
someone should set up a new site with the information about (monthly?) ENDTHEFED protests. if we use endthefed.us, he really should remove all of the 911truth stuff

Nate K
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
We're now awaiting a response Steve will give to JamesButabi on the idea of redesigning the site.

JamesButabi
11-26-2008, 02:26 PM
email sent.

Hello Steve,

Many of us over at ronpaulforums have been discussing the latest round of successful protests and how great of a central unifying theme these rallies could be. Believe us when we tell you how grateful we are for you aiding in the organization and planning of these events. A central theme that has been discussed is the design of the website. Many people who are keen to graphics design and programming have stepped up to offer their services to aid in the design, structure, and message the website portrays. The main purpose would be the following:

- A more fluent, attractive website, compatible with the wider range of web browsers and computers.

- A central message of negative aspects of the federal reserve that can unify every american, while straying away from weary topics and sideline messages that may detract others.

- Dedicated forums broken into regions to provide greater communincation and discussions of rallies, ideas, and progression.

Please contact me if this sounds like something of interest to you personally, and endthefed.us.

MRoCkEd
11-26-2008, 02:28 PM
/\
lll

you forgot to mention that we want to have MANY MOAR RALLIEZ

mediahasyou
11-26-2008, 02:48 PM
We could do an event on the 22nd of each month until we End the Fed.

The persistence will not go unnoticed.

mstrmac1
11-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Lets do this Shit... "Bump!!"

Nate K
11-26-2008, 07:32 PM
/\
lll

you forgot to mention that we want to have MANY MOAR RALLIEZ

no worries I mentioned that in the email I sent him first.

MRoCkEd
11-26-2008, 07:34 PM
no worries I mentioned that in the email I sent him first.
has he replied?

Nate K
11-26-2008, 07:37 PM
has he replied?

yep

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1841890&postcount=58

itshappening
11-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Regular End the Fed rallies could be huge, especially as awareness spreads and the situation gets worse. The crowds will get bigger and it's a great way to spread the liberty message!

it's time to rachet up the pressure so it's great to hear people's plans to possibly make this a permanent campaign

TER
11-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Bumping for another rally!

Roxi
11-26-2008, 10:05 PM
WOOHOO!! this is starting to sound like the old RPF!

Roxi
11-26-2008, 10:11 PM
and in reference to the mall idea... we did this many times in NH (google NH RP Mall signwave, etc)

it works if you can keep everyone contained, out of the way, and following rules, we were very popular and we were there every night right before the primaries.... at one point we had possibly 100 people in just a few block radius... there were a few problems, mostly passing out constitutions was holding up traffic, we also got ahold of blueprints for the mall and found out our exact parameters for public property, so when mall security tried to mess with us, we schooled them politely and they eventually worked with us :)

mstrmac1
11-26-2008, 10:57 PM
yep

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1841890&postcount=58

so... when and Where?

Brad Zink
11-26-2008, 11:16 PM
so... when and Where?

I am contacting people in my local area to organize a December 22nd event. If a handful of cities start putting together events, then more will follow us.

malkusm
11-27-2008, 12:55 AM
This would require funding, infrastructure and central planning. The beauty of the END THE FED events were that they were independently run by people on the ground in each of the participating cities.

Here's a concept that could revive the Ron Paul meetup groups: instead of having people travel long distances for events, we could encourage the local meetup groups to go out on the streets of their hometown to hand out fliers and DVDs. We could have massive rallies on occasion, but the monthly events could literally be in hundreds of different towns simultaneously.

You kind of missed my point.

YES this requires some level of planning....as does any idea that wants to take off and become a movement. Without some sort of societal planning, economics would be reduced to "every man for himself."

Organization for each city could still be in place, and each city could organize/coordinate their rally the way they choose. However:

The point I made was to ENCOURAGE each city's End the Fed group to go out and increase their numbers.

If we have a rotating schedule, people have a more clear & focused goal, they can still go out and recruit all they want in any given week. Giving a date every two months, IMO, DISCOURAGES people from going out and promoting our ideas on any date BUT that date of the rally.

If we have a rotating schedule, we DON'T encourage people to burn themselves out by traveling long distances to events - they have clear goals on the weeks that their nearest city isn't hosting an event.

I agree with the arguments you make - but I think the proposals I made contribute to your goals, rather than detracting from them.

Nate K
11-27-2008, 05:07 AM
as far as when and where.. I think the 22nd of each month would work great, and do it again at each fed location.. it can also be done at banks or wherever.

Any objections to this?

MRoCkEd
11-27-2008, 08:18 AM
as far as when and where.. I think the 22nd of each month would work great, and do it again at each fed location.. it can also be done at banks or wherever.

Any objections to this?
i agree

SLSteven
11-27-2008, 11:37 AM
So Dec 22nd then? That is a Monday.

Nate K
11-27-2008, 12:00 PM
So Dec 22nd then? That is a Monday.

that changes everything, thanks for bringing that up. December 20th or December 27th are therefore more appropriate dates.

How'd i miss that?..

TER
11-27-2008, 12:08 PM
my vote is for Dec. 20th

Nate K
11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
vote in the new poll

JamesButabi
12-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Just to let everyone know I just got home from vacation in Florida. As of this point I have not received a reply email from the EndTheFed owner.

tremendoustie
12-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Dec 20!!! :)

And, if we really can't get through to them, we could always set up a parallel site, at least for starters.

JVParkour
12-06-2008, 02:58 PM
I think this is a great idea. If this were to happen, we need to make sure Young Americans for Libery knows about it. I know that college students can produce huge numbers... I personally didn't go to the first one because I didn't want to look like a fool if only 10 people showed up, but if we keep being persistent I am sure numbers would grow.

AJ Antimony
12-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I think this is a great idea. If this were to happen, we need to make sure Young Americans for Libery knows about it. I know that college students can produce huge numbers... I personally didn't go to the first one because I didn't want to look like a fool if only 10 people showed up, but if we keep being persistent I am sure numbers would grow.

I can see it now... "End the Fed At College"

JVParkour
12-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Lol, hey why not? A humongous school like Ohio State of UNC Charlotte could generate lots of attention!

tremendoustie
12-06-2008, 06:27 PM

You make a good point, and I agree with being persistent, but stand up for what's right, even if you're alone man!! The only people who would think you are a fool are fools themselves, and after all, it would be foolish to let the opinions of fools dictate your behavior! :p

jonahtrainer
12-06-2008, 06:30 PM

Keep it growing like in Iceland (http://www.runtogold.com/2008/11/civil-unrest-in-iceland/).

A few weeks ago about 2,000 protested outside the parliament building. On November 16, 2008 over 8,000 people gathered around and threw eggs and toilet papered the head government building. That represents about 2.5% of the entire population.

DXDoug
12-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Indeed when is the next one?????

heavenlyboy34
12-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Dec 20!!! :)

And, if we really can't get through to them, we could always set up a parallel site, at least for starters.

How nice of you to do this on my birthday! :D I'm honored. ~hug~

AJ Antimony
12-17-2008, 12:08 PM
bump!

JamesButabi
12-17-2008, 12:15 PM
For real? this is going down again on the 20th?

edit* I dont think it is going on the 20th. endthefed.us has a new date for action in february though for repealing the federal reserve act.

hadenough
12-17-2008, 12:18 PM
I need to show ya'll a picture of the back of my car. I didn't have a bumper sticker, so I made my own. I used black electrical tape and wrote out, "END THE FED" in big letters. Here in South GA not many know what this really means, but with the world going to shit, I'm getting alot of good responses and getting to tell people about the Federal Reserve when they ask me, "What does End The Fed mean?"

fr33domfightr
12-17-2008, 01:08 PM
I need to show ya'll a picture of the back of my car. I didn't have a bumper sticker, so I made my own. I used black electrical tape and wrote out, "END THE FED" in big letters. Here in South GA not many know what this really means, but with the world going to shit, I'm getting alot of good responses and getting to tell people about the Federal Reserve when they ask me, "What does End The Fed mean?"

You should write, "END THE FED.US" so they go to the website!!

FF

hadenough
12-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Hmmmm. Maybe I will. I'm just having so much fun, I'd hate to mess it up!:D

fr33domfightr
12-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Hmmmm. Maybe I will. I'm just having so much fun, I'd hate to mess it up!:D

I guess to make sure its really done right, the endthefed website needs to explicitly cater to the newbie going to the site, and lead them toward activism.

On the sign, to make sure they understand, you could write:

www . End The Fed . us

Most people would understand to take out the blank spaces, and the "www" clearly means "website."

FF