PDA

View Full Version : Will student loans be forgiven??

schiffstudent
11-24-2008, 07:56 PM
When the dollar collapses completely, unemployment skyrockets, all hell breaks lose ect., you think student loans will one day be forgiven??

JeNNiF00F00
11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
One could only hope! :)

Kotin
11-24-2008, 08:44 PM
ha! dont know, it seems as if the people get the short end of the bailout stick insofar..

but I like your name. Welcome to the Forums!!

schiffstudent
11-24-2008, 08:53 PM
but I like your name. Welcome to the Forums!!

Thank you! It's nice to find a forum with like minds, who can see through the propaganda and where this country is really headed. I can't tell you how tired I am of talking to people who say "oh this is just a down turn in the economy, things will turn around soon" It's really sad how most people have their head in the sand.

Kotin
11-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Thank you! It's nice to find a forum with like minds, who can see through the propaganda and where this country is really headed. I can't tell you how tired I am of talking to people who say "oh this is just a down turn in the economy, things will turn around soon" It's really sad how most people have their head in the sand.

yes, you are in quite good company here..

this is where I come for intelligent conversation and you will find it to be a great news source as well.. if something happens in the news, you can bet it will be posted here within minutes.

Long Live The Republic! :D

danberkeley
11-24-2008, 10:47 PM

Dont fool yourself. We argue with each other over everything. :D

acptulsa
11-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Well, let's see. So far, the bailouts have been used for massages, private jet rides, champagne, hostile takeovers that result in layoffs, and propping up stock prices. So far, the bailouts have not been used for, well, anything at all that would benefit the bottom 90% or so of this society.

So, I'd say the short answer is no. Dubya Hood is obviously only interested in robbing the poor and giving to the rich--as he said once years ago, the "haves and the have mores. In other words, my base." And Obama doesn't promise to be one bit different.

So, I think not. We'll carry these debts to our graves.

Natalie
11-25-2008, 07:04 AM
I hope so. That would be awesome!

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Suck the Obama Juice boys and girls.

Reality is around the corner.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Meet the New boss... Same as the old boss...

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2008, 08:41 AM
They might be forgiven or just wiped out when lending companies go under or simply go deep into the red-ya can't get blood from a turnip, as they say.

Danke
11-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Take out student loans and learn to become a hacker. Then hack the computers and erase you loans. :p

dannno
11-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I hope so. That would save me about $20k (not bad considering it includes under grad and grad school..)

Or it would save me $20k worth of debt prison labor.

Ozwest
11-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Hope you guys make plenty of money, cause your children will be paying for this banker splurge long after you are kicking up the daisies.

RickyJ
11-25-2008, 12:54 PM
When the dollar collapses completely, unemployment skyrockets, all hell breaks lose ect., you think student loans will one day be forgiven??

That will be the least of your worries. Surviving at all will take priority over any previous debt.

JK/SEA
11-25-2008, 12:55 PM
My wifes student loan deferment is up in Feb. over 200 a month payment coming up. Its going to BE either energy bills, food, house payment, or garnishment, which could lead to foreclosure. Well, i do need to lose some weight, and if the house plants freeze, no big deal.

My bank says the interest rate needs to drop to 5.8 before i can refinance to a lower mortgage payment, and save a few hundred...meanwhile.....

heavenlyboy34
11-26-2008, 01:35 PM
My wifes student loan deferment is up in Feb. over 200 a month payment coming up. Its going to BE either energy bills, food, house payment, or garnishment, which could lead to foreclosure. Well, i do need to lose some weight, and if the house plants freeze, no big deal.

My bank says the interest rate needs to drop to 5.8 before i can refinance to a lower mortgage payment, and save a few hundred...meanwhile.....

Can't your wife just extend the deferment? I've had to do this myself. It just requires a bunch of forms...depending on where you got the loan(s).

heavenlyboy34
11-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Take out student loans and learn to become a hacker. Then hack the computers and erase you loans. :p

lol :D I wish I'd thunk of that!:(

Josh_LA
11-26-2008, 10:05 PM
highly unlikely, especially if there's nothing to seize directly from it *(unlike a house or car)

Mini-Me
11-28-2008, 03:34 PM

The hardest part is probably accessing the offline backups. ;)

tropicangela
09-05-2010, 11:38 AM
YouTube - CNN Touts Civilian Service Corps As Way Of Shedding Student Debt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhWxYSRMOpc)

heavenlyboy34
09-05-2010, 12:30 PM
YouTube - CNN Touts Civilian Service Corps As Way Of Shedding Student Debt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhWxYSRMOpc)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::(

heavenlyboy34
09-05-2010, 05:58 PM

Only if the lending institutions go under and their records destroyed. You can't even discharge student loans in bankruptcy though, so I wouldn't bet on it.