PDA

View Full Version : Fresno Medical Marijuana Cards Now Ready!!!!

newyearsrevolution08
11-24-2008, 03:37 PM
We won, fresno is going to implement the medical marijuana card program here in Fresno,Ca.

For complete information so you can get your card or become a caregiver and grow for patients keep on reading.

http://www.co.fresno.ca.us/DivisionPage.aspx?id=32977&terms=medical+marijuana

Medical Marijuana Identification Card Program summary caption summary caption Our Location: 1221 Fulton Mall, First Floor
P O Box 11867, Fresno CA 93775-1867
Phone: (559) 445-3434 Fax: (559) 445-3459
By Appointment Only: Tuesdays 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thursdays 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
summary caption On September 9, 2008, the Fresno County Board of Supervisors approved implementation of the Medicinal Marijuana Identification Card Program (MMIC) by the Fresno County Department of Public Health. The purpose of this program is to verify those patients and caregivers that have authorization to possess, grow, transport, and/or use medicinal marijuana in California.

This program allows qualified patients to apply for and receive identification cards for themselves and their primary caregiver through their county of residence. Patients diagnosed with a “serious medical condition” for which the use of medical marijuana is appropriate may apply for the MMIC.

Patients applying for this program have to ensure that they meet the following criteria before beginning the application process:

Residency - must be a resident of the county where applying
Proof of identity - must bring proof-of-identity such as CA driver’s license or CA identification card
Physician’s recommendation - must have a “Written Documentation of Patients’ Medical Records” form completed by the physician stating the serious medical condition and that the medical use of marijuana is appropriate
Photograph - county program will take a digital photo of patient and primary caregiver to appear on the medical marijuana identification card
Fees - application fees must be paid when submitting the application.
The MMIC will serve clients by appointment only, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Tuesdays and 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm on Thursdays in the first floor clinic area of the Fresno County Department of Public Health located at 1221 Fulton Mall. The annual fee for the card is $49.00 for Medi-Cal recipients and $107.00 for non Medi-Cal clients. Applications, Physician forms, and additional program information is available at the Health Department and on this web site.
For additional information or to make an appointment, contact the Fresno County Department of Public Health’s Community Health Division at 559-445-3434.

For more information regarding this program, visit the California Department of Public Health website.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fresno Medical Marijuana Forms
http://www.co.fresno.ca.us/DivisionPage.aspx?id=32987

Fresno Medical Marijuana Doctors
Medical Cannabis of Fresno ( Dr Terrill E. Brown) (559) 498-3393.
Dr. Daniel Brubaker, 3724 North First St., Fresno (559) 248-0117.

---------------------------

Also if you are here in the Fresno area and would like to help expand the medical marijuana efforts here locally do NOT forget to go to the meetings that are held locally.

http://www.fresnocannabisclubs.com/medical-marijuana/activism/fresno/events/2008/americans-for-safe-access.htm

and contact Diana for more information on the next activities planned here in Fresno, any court cases and so forth here fresnocagal@sbcglobal.net

Kotin
11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
congratulations Fresno!!

one step at a time, one victory at a time!

newyearsrevolution08
11-24-2008, 03:45 PM
congratulations Fresno!!

one step at a time, one victory at a time!

I agree and since fresno is the larger of the cities/counties other surrounding cities and counties will fall in line.

We just need to make sure that PLENTY of patients and caregivers sign up for the program so fresno can SEE that it is NEEDED and will STAY.

Once we get more medical status, I think the deregulation will happen soon after especially since there is really medication both chemical and naturally growing that can help MANY ailments in todays society.

Bruno
11-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Congrats, Fresno!!

Paulitician
11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Kewl, I live really close to Fresno. It's a great city.

newyearsrevolution08
11-24-2008, 04:11 PM
I will be signing up as a patient and if possible a caregiver to others locally as well IF I end up with my new property that is....

How could you help out local patients, those in pain better than with FREE medicine.... I would love for this to spread everywhere and HOPE caregivers are not going to simply be out for a buck.

For instance I have seen people selling medical marijuana for INSANE prices throughout california and that is NOT what it was meant for. It shouldn't be HIGHER than street prices but MUCH lower OR free for those caregivers who can do that financially.

I think the only thing that will ruin this great effort is those hoping to rake in a ton of cash. Raising prices, allowing the government to come in and mandate pricing and so forth. It worries me BUT hopefully we can keep it in check.

The ability to use medical for a lower price worries me as well. Who gets the money, who is going to come up with the rest for those medical patients and so forth.

I am all for pushing things towards complete medical freedom FIRST so that marijuana becomes norml again BUT I do see it going towards big government real fast especially with the potential income that can be generating with marijuana.

There are always many ways to come to a solution but when it is ran by politicians and governments it tends to be more regulation or over regulation until removal of said rights.

Like for instance, getting a concealed carry permit in Fresno IS LEGAL but good luck trying to actually get one. I hope that never happens with this medical marijuana program and I hope it stays in the hands of those who can be either A. a patient or B. a caregiver and no need for a C. government ran caregiving regulations and mandates.

dannno
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Horray!

heavenlyboy34
11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
3 cheers for Fresno! :D:D:D

Skunx
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
It's half ass legal in Fresno, they closed it down, and re-opened it again.

But there are other services in Fresno that deliver medical cannabis and there is also a school like Oaksterdam, that you can learn all the laws and how to start growing your own medicine.

orafi
03-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I hope Fresno is part of the piece of CA that will split off to form Jeffersonia.