PDA

View Full Version : A chain email I write

Mr. White
09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
I convinced my parents to vote for Ron while they were visiting this weekend, and my mom suggested I shoot her an email to pass long to a business owning friend of the family. He's the type that sends emails to everyone in his address book pretty routinely. I typed up one, and here's what I have.

All critiques and suggestions are accepted.

Over the past month I've received countless chain emails which seek to appeal to emotion and incite some sort of action. The two most recent come to mind:

1. Support the troops, where red Friday.

Wearing red to support our troops doesn't make much sense. I chose instead to support them by buying some magazine subscriptions for them as well as working for a group buying them commercial-made 9mm magazines as their government contract mags had weak springs.

2. Illegal immigrants are bad, vote Republican.

I’ve seen no indication the Republican Party will work to stop illegals. I do vote Republican however, simply because I reject the Democrat idea that legislation can fix everything.

-----------------------------------------

From this point onward, this email is not going to appeal to your emotion, but rather your logic.

Keep reading, no matter what I say, and save your questions until the end. They will be answered before then, I promise.

The solution to our problem.... Ron Paul

Ron Paul is running for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008.

Still with me? Good. I'll break him down into easily digested chunks.

-----------------------------------------

Ron Paul is a Doctor. He is an OB/GYN who has delivered over 4,000 babies

Ron Paul is a Federal Congressman. He's served as a Rep for Texas for the past 10 years. During that time:

-He has never voted to raise taxes.
-He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
-He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
-He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
-He has never taken a government-paid junket.
-He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
-He voted against the Patriot Act.
-He voted against regulating the Internet.
-He voted against the Iraq war.
-He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
-He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

That is his public record... PERIOD.

Here's what he has said:

"Deficits mean future tax increases, pure and simple. Deficit spending should be viewed as a tax on future generations, and politicians who create deficits should be exposed as tax hikers. "

"I rise to urge the Congress to think twice before thrusting this nation into a war without merit- one fraught with the danger of escalating into something no American will be pleased with.”

"Having federal officials, whether judges, bureaucrats, or congressmen, impose a new definition of marriage on the people is an act of social engineering profoundly hostile to liberty.”

"How did we win the election in the year 2000? We talked about a humble foreign policy: No nation-building; don't police the world. That's conservative, it's Republican, it's pro-American - it follows the founding fathers. And, besides, it follows the Constitution. "

"Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms."

"War is never economically beneficial except for those in position to profit from war expenditures."

"Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy. A few have, and others will continue to do so, but too many—both in and out of government—close their eyes to the issue of personal liberty and ignore the fact that endless borrowing to finance endless demands cannot be sustained. True prosperity can only come from a healthy economy and sound money. That can only be achieved in a free society. "

Here is what others have said about him:

"The guy's got the greatest voting record in the history of Congress on cutting spending."
~Pat Buchanan

"As a former Air Force officer he knows well the needs of our Armed Forces and he always puts them first...We need to keep [Ron Paul] fighting for our country...Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a strong national defense."
~Ronald Reagan

"Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul are the only ones not lying to the American People."
~Michael Scheuer Fmr CIA Op the Clinton Admin kept from killing Bin Laden

The blunt truth:

Ron Paul's ideas are radically different from American policy in the last century. He wants to adhere to the Constitution.

As President he wants to:

~Eliminate illegal immigration by ending birth-right citizenship and entitlements
~Return America to sound money by taking the power to print America's money away from private banks (Federal Reserve) and give it back to the Government.
~He wants to return America to currency backed by Commodities, not thin air.
~He wants to change America's Foreign-policy to one of non-intervention in other countries' affairs. Unrestricted trade with everyone, no military actions unless we are clearly threatened or attacked.
~He wants to eliminate the Income Tax and IRS
~He wants to restore taxation power to the states and end Congressional extortion. (Do what we say or we cut your funding)
~He wants to remove the corporate stranglehold on America’s small businesses.
~He wants to restore all legislative power to the states, as dictated by the 10th Amendment.

If you want evidence:
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/
http://www.ronpaul2008.com

For more info, there are hundreds of videos on Ron Paul on youtube.com, you might start with this one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=X9JIwxhRfug Ron Paul on Entitlements

If you reallllly want an emotional appeal, I'll throw you a bone at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

Finally the call to action:

Register to vote; vote Ron Paul in your state’s primaries. Tell others. Donate.

If you want more info from me: XXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

Thanks for the time,

XXXXX XXXXX

Shink
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I know it sucks to have to do so, but you need to throw in Register Republican for Ron Paul....perhaps a link directing them to their state's laws/whether they have to register Republican or not.

Also, I think even more songs of praise for Ron couldn't hurt.;) The Judge Napolitano 'Thomas Jefferson of our day' quote, Michael Badnarik's 'vote for Ron Paul the PERSON' quote, etc. The Badnarik quote could possibly help along those who vomit at the word, "Republican."

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-09-2007, 02:00 PM
1. Support the troops, where red Friday.

"WEAR" red Friday.

I didn't read it all, but can offer the above. [Gee, thanks.] Actually, if I didn't read it because it was too long, the recipient may not read it if it is too long as well. Look back through and take out anything that is not essential, i.e. your feelings aren't essential, but a few of Ron Paul's top positions and a url would be. K.I.S.S. applies here.

DJ RP
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
This is really good.

Uses marketing tactics that WORK. Very well written and clever. This is the sort of stuff that converts people.

If anybody hasn't, send this to your full list of contacts immediately :)

jj111
09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
I thought Ron has served Congress for 10 terms, not only 10 years. 10 terms is approximately 20 years.

jj111
09-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I would reword "Federal Congressman" to "US Congressman". To me that is the more proper term.

DJ RP
09-09-2007, 02:06 PM
"WEAR" red Friday.

I didn't read it all, but can offer the above. [Gee, thanks.] Actually, if I didn't read it because it was too long, the recipient may not read it if it is too long as well. Look back through and take out anything that is not essential, i.e. your feelings aren't essential, but a few of Ron Paul's top positions and a url would be. K.I.S.S. applies here.

This is wrong, if you are sending a chain mail you are sending to people who know you. Your personal feelings are important but it has to be written in a way that doesn't look like you're PUSHING too hard. The idea of planting the seed that other candidates appeal to emotion followed by the statement that what you're about to read is just the facts is very persuasive.