PDA

View Full Version : Respectfully Say no to Taxes?

bobbysheldon
11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
So I'm quite a bit pissed off. This whole citigroup thing has smoke coming out of my ears. Now I wouldn't ever advise anyone to not pay their taxes unless they really knew what kind of s*** would result from it, I think a little coordinated trickery should be in order.

Just something very simple like if a couple hundred thousand (million?) people sent in a blank tax form to the IRS as if they were filing it and inclosed a standard letter along the lines of:

To the government of the bankers, for the bankers, by the bankers,

I respectfully decline to make any donations this year in the form of taxes. I have decided to donate directly to those who need help and will be writing $10,000checks to JP Morgan, Bear Sterns, Citigroup, AIG, Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac, WaMU and a charity (bank) of my choosing. I understand your organization is doing the best that it can and has done wonders so far...however, rather than paying for your overhead I will be giving directly this year. I hope you understand and keep up the great work.

Sincerely,
Bobby Sheldon

Truth Warrior
11-24-2008, 12:48 PM
IF you are respectful, then why refuse to pay the taxes? ;)

It's very hard to fight an enemy that maintains an outpost in your head.

Flirple
11-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Taxes are becoming as irrelivant as congress. Most government spending is being funded by borrowing or by the Fed monetizing it. Taxes? A small drop in the bucket these days.

Xenophage
11-24-2008, 02:39 PM
The "outpost in your head" line is great. I might change it to "outhouse" but its just semantics...

Minlawc
11-24-2008, 02:52 PM
As long as you are using the Federal Reserve note as your currency you're being taxed. This is not just a tax on America's income tax payers, it's also a tax on those foreigners who have invested in the dollar. Dodging visible taxes isn't enough anymore...

t0rnado
11-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Choose your battles wisely. Don't do this. You'll end up with IRS agents knocking on your door and a law suit.

heavenlyboy34
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
I think a fax bomb would be more effective (and less risky). JMHO

nate895
11-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Every time I read the title I keep reading "Respectfully Say no to Texas?" I think, until I realize it is about taxes, "WTF would you be saying no to Texas for, and why do we care?"

puppetmaster
11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
A large scale strike is what may send a message without getting anyone in hot water with the KGB,....oh I mean the IRS

AJ Antimony
11-24-2008, 08:04 PM
What would be sweet would be something like www.lettertofederalgovernment.org and as each person pledges not to file or something, there'd be a counter displaying something like "$XX,XXX,XXX will NOT be used for bailouts!"

mediahasyou
11-24-2008, 09:30 PM
or you could just not pay.;)

escapinggreatly
11-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I'd love to see someone try this and get absurd amounts of publicity in the court battle.

http://www.meltingpotproject.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/22/libertariansig.jpg
The Melting Pot Project: Proportional Representation. New Parties. Intern Jokes. (http://www.meltingpotproject.com/)