PDA

View Full Version : I had an odd Ron Paul dream!

Agent CSL
11-23-2008, 12:44 PM
I just woke up, so let me post this before I forget details.

I was at my local Fred Meyer (a dept. store) and I was with my mom and sister shopping for Thanksgiving. We were going down the aisles getting things. The aisles were full of food, but we couldn't find things like sugar or cake mix - baking goods. We finally found sugar in an obscure place but it was the last bag.

Well, we saw Ron Paul working as giving out samples of something (not sure what - some kind of canned good). He looked VERY tired and even was falling asleep. The manager came and moved him away from the sample booth and told him to start cleaning up the aisles.

My mom went to get something and my sister and I went down another aisle and we saw a huge sign hanging on a rack that said "Free Chains with purchase of post hole digger - $79.99 value!" (Haha I totally know what this means)

Then we saw Ron Paul looking busy and tired, busily organizing things on the shelf down an aisle. I went down the aisle and he stopped my basket and looked at me, then said "Are you the lady who said she'd come back and see me someday?"

Then I woke up.

Wtf.

constitutional
11-23-2008, 12:49 PM
yeah, wtf was that? And are you a hot computer geek?

PatriotOne
11-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Free chains with a post hole digger! That is soooooooooooooo perfectly symbolic :p

Agent CSL
11-23-2008, 12:55 PM
yeah, wtf was that? And are you a hot computer geek?
No. I'm chubbeh.

This isn't the weirdest dream I've had, but it's the first (I can remember) with Ron Paul!

Anti Federalist
11-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Huh? WTF?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f83/bubble_buddy52/psp411_com-mods-592-1.jpg

Kludge
11-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I haven't remembered a dream in a few months... Kinda fuzzy, but IIRC, I was trying to get a patent from a ridiculously fat man and was denied. I went home to a party or meeting or something and somehow I embarrassed myself -- I don't recall how. My dad then sent me downstairs and had me leave with a cat to go dig someone out of a grave (???). When I arrived I saw UFO hovering above the grave and then the world exploded.

It was pretty sweet... Too bad there isn't some nifty dream monitor to replay dreams I had and forgot from the night before.

Agent CSL
11-23-2008, 01:08 PM
A dream replayer would be soooo useful. I have deja vu all the time. It would be interesting to study your dreams and see if they fit. @_@

Then again, I've had dreams where I've killed people violently and lucidly.

Kotin
11-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I love dreams.. ever heard of lucid dreaming?

it is where you are fully aware that you are dreaming and then can direct the dream and do what you want, that is If you dont get too excited and wake up.

I am a natural lucid dreamer.. I have a at least 8-9 a week..

you can train to do it though..

constitutional
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I haven't remembered a dream in a few months... Kinda fuzzy, but IIRC, I was trying to get a patent from a ridiculously fat man and was denied. I went home to a party or meeting or something and somehow I embarrassed myself -- I don't recall how. My dad then sent me downstairs and had me leave with a cat to go dig someone out of a grave (???). When I arrived I saw UFO hovering above the grave and then the world exploded.

It was pretty sweet... Too bad there isn't some nifty dream monitor to replay dreams I had and forgot from the night before.

Interesting.

My dream was the coming of a police state (did not know it until the very end). Everyone was happy then boom! Sky started falling (literally) and glasses of every building shattered. Police started showing up to contain the chaos. People listened and followed like sheep, so did I. But then I realized in the midst of everything that it's all a scam! The sky was falling (my theory) because some very twisted people wanted to control the people. That's when the sky stopped falling. I woke up.

Like you said, the experience was absolutely surreal (words can't describe it) and I wish there was a dream recorder.

constitutional
11-23-2008, 01:15 PM

it is where you are fully aware that you are dreaming and then can direct the dream and do what you want, that is If you dont get too excited and wake up.

Sweet science! 8-9 a week? So pretty much every time you sleep.

What techniques did you use to train yourself?

heavenlyboy34
11-23-2008, 01:18 PM
I just woke up, so let me post this before I forget details.

I was at my local Fred Meyer (a dept. store) and I was with my mom and sister shopping for Thanksgiving. We were going down the aisles getting things. The aisles were full of food, but we couldn't find things like sugar or cake mix - baking goods. We finally found sugar in an obscure place but it was the last bag.

Well, we saw Ron Paul working as giving out samples of something (not sure what - some kind of canned good). He looked VERY tired and even was falling asleep. The manager came and moved him away from the sample booth and told him to start cleaning up the aisles.

My mom went to get something and my sister and I went down another aisle and we saw a huge sign hanging on a rack that said "Free Chains with purchase of post hole digger - $79.99 value!" (Haha I totally know what this means)

Then we saw Ron Paul looking busy and tired, busily organizing things on the shelf down an aisle. I went down the aisle and he stopped my basket and looked at me, then said "Are you the lady who said she'd come back and see me someday?"

Then I woke up.

Wtf.

Did your dream RP use the real RP's voice or perhaps some other voice of a person you know?:confused:

nate895
11-23-2008, 01:20 PM

I have lucid dreams on occasion. The part that sucks is waking up and having to get back to reality.

Kotin
11-23-2008, 01:21 PM
The part that sucks is waking up and having to get back to reality.

I completely agree..

Dark_Horse_Rider
11-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for posting about your Ron Paul dream.

I have seen him twice in my dreams. One a week or two ago, and a few months ago I had a very, very intense dream about the movement. More like a vision.

heavenlyboy34
11-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I completely agree..

me 2...especially when it's a really good sex dream! ;)

Kotin
11-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Sweet science! 8-9 a week? So pretty much every time you sleep.

What techniques did you use to train yourself?
I first read about it in a book because I have always had them and I didnt know you could train to do it.

the book is http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-World-Dreaming-Stephen-Laberge/dp/034537410X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227469840&sr=8-1

the MILD technique is the main one used...

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=1885

Agent CSL
11-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Did your dream RP use the real RP's voice or perhaps some other voice of a person you know?:confused:

Now that I think about it, it didn't really sound like him, it was a deeper voice.

nate895
11-23-2008, 01:29 PM
me 2...especially when it's a really good sex dream! ;)

I don't do that in my dreams. The last one I had, however, what I did was have the girl I like break up with her BF, and then we went out and eventually wound up at a Ron Paul victory party. Now, if only this could happen in reality.

Roxi
11-23-2008, 01:40 PM
I had this dream that a really bad ass guy ran for president and then I decided to campaign for him, and met lots of really cool people, and a few nutty ones, and then we elected a black guy instead, just because he was black and not because he was awesome, and then the world started falling apart and our government was giving away all our money and....

oh wait :/

Expatriate
11-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I had a weird, scary and detailed dream the night after Obama was elected. It's the only bad dream I can remember having for many years now. It's weird because I was not shocked at all about Obama getting elected, I had seen it as inevitable ever since the primaries.

It was about 10 years in the future and Obama was the dictator of whatever country I was in. There were gigantic signs with his face on them everywhere, and everyone wore shirts with his face on them and creepy eyes that were always looking at you. There was some kind of new flag with a big circle on it, I think this meant either Obama or the Earth.

I was a depressed government-sponsored hobo in some kind of bum hideout in a crappy part of the city, where the "scanners" couldn't read my thoughts (oh yeah, there were scanners everywhere that could read your emotions and tell who you were and what you were thinking by measuring facial signals, body heat and other cues, they all had signs on them that said "for your protection")

Anyways, this woman that lived there with her kid asked me to come to some kind of secret "freedom movement" meeting involving Ron Paul she had heard about out in the countryside. She said she had saved enough money to pay for the trip, but she wanted me to come to help protect her little girl. I thought it might be a trap, but I was bored to death and so decided to go anyways.

First we had to go to the Central Mall to get food and supplies. So we had to get into our "innocent" frames of mind to get past the scanners. This was done by reading Obama propaganda and talking and thinking about how grateful we were to him for keeping us safe, and how much we loved him. There was a certain art to deceiving the scanners. Then I put on my Obama shirt and started walking to the mall, since cars were outlawed unless you were a cop.

Once we got there we put in an order for about a week's worth of food, backpacks and a tent. The excuse was that we were going camping at a religious retreat. There was a 6 hour waiting period to buy large amounts of food, so we went to the jungle-themed waiting area. After a few hours, I went out into the mall to get us a TV dinner from a vending machine with some of the money.

After getting the dinner, I was walking back through the shops and plastic trees, looking at all the "faceshirts" on display when I noticed a large book cover in a glass window. The title was 1984, but the art was from Atlas Shrugged. It caused a wave of initial shock to me that something like that was on display in the open, then a feeling of anger at whatever tyrannical system had taken over.

There was a scanner directly above the cover, and it went off with red flashing lights and a siren. Four cops came barreling out of doors on either side of me with their tasers out.

"Sir! Why are you angry!? What is wrong?"

"Why is that disgusting anti-government propaganda on display?!!!" I bluffed. "Why hasn't the store owner been arrested for disturbing the peace?"

"I'm sorry sir, it is for your own protection." they told me. "This is a sting set up to detect anti-government terrorists. They typically have a strong reaction when they see it. You may go about your business."

"Excellent. Thank you for working so hard to keep us safe" I said. I turned and headed back to the waiting area.

After sharing the two-person TV dinner between the three of us, we went to the food depot to get our supplies. The clerks had it all ready to go, packed in the backpacks, but we couldn't take it yet. Apparently I hadn't gotten a "validation" that was now required for people without jobs to purchase more than a single meal from the depot. They told me I could get the validation on the main floor, near the entrance. So I headed off again.

Once I got to the validation center, which, oddly enough, was inside a sophisticated arcade, I took a number and started to wait. Some of the machines started calling my name, and I realized that they were using the same facial recognition technology as the scanners.

As I looked at one of the machines it beckoned for me to play "Alien Planet Adventure" which looked incredibly fun. Since it was free to try, I decided to do so. However after about a minute of virtual-reality vine swinging and stick-fighting with brownish lizard-like aliens, the machine abruptly shut off and told me to "Step Away". As I did so, I realized there was a man in a suit behind me.

"Come with me." he said. "We're just going to ask you a few questions."

"But I'm waiting to get validated" I protested.

"That doesn't matter now. Follow me." He turned around and walked away, heading towards the glass doors of the mall. I started to follow him, when the phone in my ear whispered "Don't! I can see you. Get to the other exit. I got the supplies!"

I stopped following the man in the suit as he rounded the corner just before the doors. I turned around and walked briskly back towards one of the clothing shops, ducking inside. I started looking for a way back to the other exit without tripping any scanners, but I was suddenly knocked down by a cop.

He stood over me, pointing a revolver in my face, and started to get his handcuffs out.

"You're not getting away that easy, you terrorist piece of shit" he chuckled.

I suddenly realized that the gun he was pointing at me was an eight-shot .22 CB loaded with rubber bullets. Almost all security cops had carried less-than-lethal weapons since Obama declared victory in the War on Guns.

I leaped up and grabbed the gun, getting shot twice in the chest which stung like a mofo, turned the gun around and blasted him in the face.

"Yaaaooow!" he screamed, letting go of the gun and clutching his face. I took off towards the exit, just as another cop came into sight carrying a pump-action shotgun. I unloaded the remaining five rubber pellets into his chest and face. He stopped like he had hit a brick wall.

The gun empty, I jammed it into my pocket, grabbing the other cop's shotgun with my other hand. Almost certainly loaded with bean bag rounds, considering the orange paint, but I wanted to make sure. So I pointed it at the fire alarm on the wall and pulled the trigger. The weak blast set the alarm off, but didn't penetrate the wall.

As the siren blared and water sprayed down everywhere, I took off running through the atrium, determined to reach the exit. A gun went off behind me, and I saw my old friend the agent pointing a Glock. I blasted a bean bag at him, but it curved off in another direction. I opened a door to my side, and ran inside, straight into a bunch of brooms. A janitor's closet.

I turned around and pointed the shotgun at the door. It opened slightly. A grenade of some kind flew in.

And then I woke up. :)

RonPaulVolunteer
11-23-2008, 05:17 PM
If you want to have lucid dreams and remember them, take Melatonin before going to bed.

Bruno
11-23-2008, 05:24 PM

I've heard that if you tell yourself to look at your hands before you go to sleep, then look at them in your dream, your brain will make the connection and you can "control" your dream.

The only time I remember controlling my dream was a while back when I had a nightmare my wife was being attacked and I couldn't get to her to help. I was in a mall that kept changing and things weren't making sense. I finally realized in my dream that it was just a dream, shouted, "No, this is just a dream!" and woke up. I startled my wife when I did.

nate895
11-23-2008, 05:31 PM
I had a weird, scary and detailed dream the night after Obama was elected. It's the only bad dream I can remember having for many years now. It's weird because I was not shocked at all about Obama getting elected, I had seen it as inevitable ever since the primaries.

It was about 10 years in the future and Obama was the dictator of whatever country I was in. There were gigantic signs with his face on them everywhere, and everyone wore shirts with his face on them and creepy eyes that were always looking at you. There was some kind of new flag with a big circle on it, I think this meant either Obama or the Earth.

I was a depressed government-sponsored hobo in some kind of bum hideout in a crappy part of the city, where the "scanners" couldn't read my thoughts (oh yeah, there were scanners everywhere that could read your emotions and tell who you were and what you were thinking by measuring facial signals, body heat and other cues, they all had signs on them that said "for your protection")

Anyways, this woman that lived there with her kid asked me to come to some kind of secret "freedom movement" meeting involving Ron Paul she had heard about out in the countryside. She said she had saved enough money to pay for the trip, but she wanted me to come to help protect her little girl. I thought it might be a trap, but I was bored to death and so decided to go anyways.

First we had to go to the Central Mall to get food and supplies. So we had to get into our "innocent" frames of mind to get past the scanners. This was done by reading Obama propaganda and talking and thinking about how grateful we were to him for keeping us safe, and how much we loved him. There was a certain art to deceiving the scanners. Then I put on my Obama shirt and started walking to the mall, since cars were outlawed unless you were a cop.

Once we got there we put in an order for about a week's worth of food, backpacks and a tent. The excuse was that we were going camping at a religious retreat. There was a 6 hour waiting period to buy large amounts of food, so we went to the jungle-themed waiting area. After a few hours, I went out into the mall to get us a TV dinner from a vending machine with some of the money.

After getting the dinner, I was walking back through the shops and plastic trees, looking at all the "faceshirts" on display when I noticed a large book cover in a glass window. The title was 1984, but the art was from Atlas Shrugged. It caused a wave of initial shock to me that something like that was on display in the open, then a feeling of anger at whatever tyrannical system had taken over.

There was a scanner directly above the cover, and it went off with red flashing lights and a siren. Four cops came barreling out of doors on either side of me with their tasers out.

"Why is that disgusting anti-government propaganda on display?!!!" I bluffed. "Why hasn't the store owner been arrested for disturbing the peace?"

"I'm sorry sir, it is for your own protection." they told me. "This is a sting set up to detect anti-government terrorists. They typically have a strong reaction when they see it. You may go about your business."

"Excellent. Thank you for working so hard to keep us safe" I said. I turned and headed back to the waiting area.

After sharing the two-person TV dinner between the three of us, we went to the food depot to get our supplies. The clerks had it all ready to go, packed in the backpacks, but we couldn't take it yet. Apparently I hadn't gotten a "validation" that was now required for people without jobs to purchase more than a single meal from the depot. They told me I could get the validation on the main floor, near the entrance. So I headed off again.

Once I got to the validation center, which, oddly enough, was inside a sophisticated arcade, I took a number and started to wait. Some of the machines started calling my name, and I realized that they were using the same facial recognition technology as the scanners.

As I looked at one of the machines it beckoned for me to play "Alien Planet Adventure" which looked incredibly fun. Since it was free to try, I decided to do so. However after about a minute of virtual-reality vine swinging and stick-fighting with brownish lizard-like aliens, the machine abruptly shut off and told me to "Step Away". As I did so, I realized there was a man in a suit behind me.

"That doesn't matter now. Follow me." He turned around and walked away, heading towards the glass doors of the mall. I started to follow him, when the phone in my ear whispered "Don't! I can see you. Get to the other exit. I got the supplies!"

I stopped following the man in the suit as he rounded the corner just before the doors. I turned around and walked briskly back towards one of the clothing shops, ducking inside. I started looking for a way back to the other exit without tripping any scanners, but I was suddenly knocked down by a cop.

He stood over me, pointing a revolver in my face, and started to get his handcuffs out.

I suddenly realized that the gun he was pointing at me was an eight-shot .22 CB loaded with rubber bullets. Almost all security cops had carried less-than-lethal weapons since Obama declared victory in the War on Guns.

I leaped up and grabbed the gun, getting shot twice in the chest which stung like a mofo, turned the gun around and blasted him in the face.

"Yaaaooow!" he screamed, letting go of the gun and clutching his face. I took off towards the exit, just as another cop came into sight carrying a pump-action shotgun. I unloaded the remaining five rubber pellets into his chest and face. He stopped like he had hit a brick wall.

The gun empty, I jammed it into my pocket, grabbing the other cop's shotgun with my other hand. Almost certainly loaded with bean bag rounds, considering the orange paint, but I wanted to make sure. So I pointed it at the fire alarm on the wall and pulled the trigger. The weak blast set the alarm off, but didn't penetrate the wall.

As the siren blared and water sprayed down everywhere, I took off running through the atrium, determined to reach the exit. A gun went off behind me, and I saw my old friend the agent pointing a Glock. I blasted a bean bag at him, but it curved off in another direction. I opened a door to my side, and ran inside, straight into a bunch of brooms. A janitor's closet.

I turned around and pointed the shotgun at the door. It opened slightly. A grenade of some kind flew in.

I have had bad dreams about tyrannical governments and conquerors from the time I was little, but that one takes the cake. I think if you are a good writer you should use that dream and write a book. Of course, I'd use code language for Barack Obama and Ron Paul, and many other stuff.

Expatriate
11-23-2008, 05:32 PM
If you want to have lucid dreams and remember them, take Melatonin before going to bed.

What works for me is to develop a habit of checking my digital watch often to see if I'm dreaming. In dreams it is always messed up in some way, for example there are words displayed instead of numbers. This immediately tells me I'm in a dream.

If you want to remember your dreams, make a habit of having a pencil and paper next to your bed. As soon as you wake up scribble down everything you can remember from your dream. When you look at it later it will all come rushing back to you. After doing this for about a week you can remember almost all of your dreams without writing them down.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I get the chance to take catnaps during the day or sleep in, I get a LOT of lucid dreams, often waking up and then going back to sleep and entering the same dream again.

I have had bad dreams about tyrannical governments and conquerors from the time I was little, but that one takes the cake. I think if you are a good writer you should use that dream and write a book. Of course, I'd use code language for Barack Obama and Ron Paul, and many other stuff.

Haha, I have been thinking the same thing. I have a lot of ideas for books, but for some reason I can't bring myself to ever try to seriously write or publish anything. I think if I ever did I'd use a pen name or something, so nobody would give me crap about it.

nate895
11-23-2008, 05:36 PM
What works for me is to develop a habit of checking my digital watch often to see if I'm dreaming. In dreams it is always messed up in some way, for example there are words displayed instead of numbers. This immediately tells me I'm in a dream.

If you want to remember your dreams, make a habit of having a pencil and paper next to your bed. As soon as you wake up scribble down everything you can remember from your dream. When you look at it later it will all come rushing back to you. After doing this for about a week you can remember almost all of your dreams without writing them down.

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I get the chance to take catnaps during the day or sleep in, I get a LOT of lucid dreams, often waking up and then going back to sleep and entering the same dream again.

I keep some dream journals. Whenever I have a dream I either really liked, or felt was important in some way, but I never record lucid dreams since I know I am in control.

I can also wake up at night and then drift back into the same dream, so long as I am awake for no longer than 5 minutes and I think about the dream the whole time I am awake.

Haha, I have been thinking the same thing. I have a lot of ideas for books, but for some reason I can't bring myself to ever try to seriously write or publish anything. I think if I ever did I'd use a pen name or something, so nobody would give me crap about it.

I know the feeling. I come up with an idea, I sit down and come up with an outline, but then I wind up just flipping on the TV, playing a video game, or surfing the web and forget about the whole thing.

dude58677
11-23-2008, 05:47 PM
I had a dream where it said "CNN reports that Ron Paul has won the state of California putting him over the top with 278 Electoral Votes(CNN theme song)."
Then I woke up.

This was in late December of 2007.

nate895
11-23-2008, 05:48 PM
I had a dream where it said "CNN reports that Ron Paul has won the state of California putting him over the top with 278 Electoral Votes(CNN them song)."
Then I woke up.

This was in late December of 2007.

Hopefully that was a dream about 2012.

dude58677
11-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Hopefully that was a dream about 2012.

Hopefully that is what it meant.

tremendoustie
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM

I used to do that all the time as a kid, but never any more. I could direct everyone in the dream, and make anything happen that I wanted to, and it was always full color. Sometimes I'd begin a normal dream, then halfway through say, "wait a minute, this is just a dream", exert a little willpower, and bam, I ran the show.

Kind of cool, and a bummer that it doesn't happen any more. Actually I don't even remember my dreams much anymore.

tremendoustie
11-23-2008, 07:28 PM

THAT was a dream? That makes way to much sense to be any dream I've ever had. I mean, since when a dreams internally consistent with a logical plot?

nate895
11-23-2008, 07:34 PM
THAT was a dream? That makes way to much sense to be any dream I've ever had. I mean, since when a dreams internally consistent with a logical plot?

Depends on what one would consider logical. A plot that has a logical sequence of events, whether or not the content is realistic (as in, it could, theoretically, happen) or totally imaginary (like giant apes taking over the world starting in your backyard), or would have to only be realistic. I have had dreams that have logical plot lines with imaginary stuff, but generally when I have realistic dreams they tend to follow a plot, and then all of a sudden take weird twists and turns unless I am directing the action.

Andrew-Austin
11-23-2008, 07:48 PM
I never remember any of my dreams, I mean I couldn't remember one I've had in the past year, it sucks.

trapfive
11-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Back in the late 80's- early 90's, about a five year period I guess, I had a re-occuring dream. I'd have this dream about 3 or 4 times a week with many variations but the main theme was:

Living along the Ohio river in an underground bunker type room, watching armed patrols cruise up and down the river and trying eek out a survival by growing food and hunting, without being detected. I distinctly remember one troublesome aspect was trying to cook food and stay warm without putting out too much smoke.

After awhile I became troubled by these dreams, they went away about 15 years ago. This is the first time I've mentioned these dreams to anyone and I admit they've been on my mind again, but as of yet they haven't returned.

Expatriate
11-23-2008, 08:04 PM

That is why it was so weird. I've never had a dream that followed a consistent plot like that. I only wrote down the interesting parts of the dream, but I can remember walking down the street looking at things or talking to people in the mall and everything was totally realistic. The funny thing was how much I was in control of myself and my emotions, especially when the goons came after me in the end.

Most of my other dreams involve being able to jump really far by "swimming" through the air, occasionally building skyscrapers out of rubber, or being something other than human, and they always take insane twists that don't make sense and don't follow the rules of physics or logic. The other night I dreamed that my job was to feed elephants to dinosaurs in some kind of Jurassic Park-ish place, then I turned into a giant bird and chased the dinosaurs into the ocean to save the elephant.

I do have lucid dreams, but I find that my mind works so differently in some of my dreams that it is hard to stay lucid. It is funny though when I remember the real world and start telling the people in my dreams about it. They almost never believe me, and usually get angry at me for telling them about something so outlandish.

Expatriate
11-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I never remember any of my dreams, I mean I couldn't remember one I've had in the past year, it sucks.

Trust me, write down the few things you fleetingly remember in the first few seconds after you wake up, and you will automatically start to remember them longer after a few days. If you smoke pot much, though, it is very hard to remember them at all. That's probably one of the best incentives for quitting. :D

Back in the late 80's- early 90's, about a five year period I guess, I had a re-occuring dream. I'd have this dream about 3 or 4 times a week with many variations but the main theme was:

Living along the Ohio river in an underground bunker type room, watching armed patrols cruise up and down the river and trying eek out a survival by growing food and hunting, without being detected. I distinctly remember one troublesome aspect was trying to cook food and stay warm without putting out too much smoke.

After awhile I became troubled by these dreams, they went away about 15 years ago. This is the first time I've mentioned these dreams to anyone and I admit they've been on my mind again, but as of yet they haven't returned.

Sometimes I wonder if these things actually happen in an alternate reality somewhere, or in some alternate timeline. I've had dreams that gave me deja vu when something in them actually happened the next day or week, but most of them I can't imagine happening on this planet. What you describe almost sounds like it could happen in the future.

Some dreams are just too real and strange at the same time to be made up totally by one's brain. But then again, sometimes I wonder if our own reality isn't just a product of consciousness itself, or if it is really possible for anything not to exist.

Expatriate
12-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I just read this new article on CNN that really reminded me of that dream I had last month, with the government emotion scanners on the wall. :eek: WTF?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/02/airport.security/index.html

They are talking about exposing people to the words "Islamic Jihad" in Arabic on wall screens and then measuring their emotional reactions using scanner technology... that is EXACTLY what happened to me in my dream, except they used a book cover that said 1984 to get reactions from "terrorists" instead.

revolutionary8
12-02-2008, 11:03 PM
I first read about it in a book because I have always had them and I didnt know you could train to do it.

the book is http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-World-Dreaming-Stephen-Laberge/dp/034537410X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227469840&sr=8-1

the MILD technique is the main one used...

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=1885

I have read that book also Kotin, a few times, and that is because every single time I read it, I dream CRAZY Lucid dreams for days on end ( or as long as I am reading the book) - we are talking breathing under water, flying, visting other countries, defeating enemies, solving problems, etc. etc.
As you well know, La Berge makes a point of making a conscious decision to dream Lucidly, so I have it in my head when I lay my book down for the night.
The most facinating part of the book IMO was the REM eye movement answers they gave under study to prove that Lucid dreaming was actually happening. Blink once for yes, Blink Twice for no- or wait was it the other way around. :D
The communication in dream state was absolutely facinating. It is also interesting to know that throughout history many intellectuals, scientists, philosophers, kings, queens and emporers have used Lucid dreaming to their advantage.

I had a bit of trouble dreaming Lucidly when I began, but I established a "signal" for myself to "awake" within my dream. It has worked for me for years now, but I have found that I must make a conscious decsion to dream lucidly when my head hits the pilla.

ValidusCustodiae
12-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Now that I think about it, it didn't really sound like him, it was a deeper voice.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1148/544061459_f1e2e6eb65.jpg

=P

Agent CSL
12-03-2008, 01:52 AM
I just read this new article on CNN that really reminded me of that dream I had last month, with the government emotion scanners on the wall. :eek: WTF?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/02/airport.security/index.html

They are talking about exposing people to the words "Islamic Jihad" in Arabic on wall screens and then measuring their emotional reactions using scanner technology... that is EXACTLY what happened to me in my dream, except they used a book cover that said 1984 to get reactions from "terrorists" instead.
Wow. Just wow.

I'd be scared as hell if some of my dreams came true. They usually involve apocalyptic events. More and more I've come to realize what they mean.

I had a dream where a giant black bear was tearing apart a glass building. This was over 2 years ago, mind you. People ran into the glass building and on the top floor as the bear was reaching up and breaking through the glass and I saw people slide down into the dark bear.

I know I have some of these dreams written down somewhere...

Expatriate
12-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow. Just wow.

I'd be scared as hell if some of my dreams came true. They usually involve apocalyptic events. More and more I've come to realize what they mean.

I had a dream where a giant black bear was tearing apart a glass building. This was over 2 years ago, mind you. People ran into the glass building and on the top floor as the bear was reaching up and breaking through the glass and I saw people slide down into the dark bear.

I know I have some of these dreams written down somewhere...

Well I hope that one doesn't come true :eek:

Almost sounds like a symbolic dream... the glass building could represent our money and economic system which is our only protection, fragile as it is... The bear might signify hostile foreign nations, angry at past US intervention, since bears usually don't attack unless provoked or hungry.

meh, just a stab in the dark lol... The first thing I thought of was Cloverfield :p But there are people that make a living interpreting dreams. Probably the same type of people that write horoscopes though :D