PDA

View Full Version : RP Should Tell media He Will Select Clint Eastwood As Running Mate If Nominated

dude58677
09-09-2007, 11:37 AM
It will get him media attention just like Fred Thompson joining the race did even if he isn't able to get Clint Eastwood.

qednick
09-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Clint would be perfect VP IMO :D

SeanEdwards
09-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Clint would be good, but I don't think he'd be able to make any movies as VP. I think that could be a real loss, as he has turned out some pretty exceptional films over the past few years.

The point is, Clint may be more valuable to the nation doing what he's doing. Somebody should convince Clint to make a movie about Ron Paul, or maybe something about the U.S. Revolution and the original intent of the founders.

r3volution
09-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Clint is still alive ? j/k ...

RP4ME
09-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Why Clint ? Does he just appeal to yall for his movies - someone on another post said he was a member of Bohemian Grove - that doesnt sound slike someone I want in office....

I do admit he makes for a sexy cowboy!

LibertyOfOne
09-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Why Clint ? Does he just appeal to yall for his movies - someone on another post said he was a member of Bohemian Grove - that doesnt sound slike someone I want in office....

I do admit he makes for a sexy cowboy!

He is against the war. Plus he is a Libertarian.

Nathan Hale
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Here we go again with the flights of fantasy. RP needs to select a VP with some political experience - preferably somebody with executive experience to complement Paul's legislative experience. The ideal person, IMO, is former NM governor Gary Johnson.

paulaholic
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
That would be seen as a sign of desperation and a big stunt.

LibertyOfOne
09-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Here we go again with the flights of fantasy. RP needs to select a VP with some political experience - preferably somebody with executive experience to complement Paul's legislative experience. The ideal person, IMO, is former NM governor Gary Johnson.

Eastwood made one successful foray into elected politics, becoming the Mayor of Carmel-by-the-Sea, California (usually abbreviated to Carmel; population 4,000), a wealthy small town and artist community on the Monterey Peninsula, for one term. Frustrated with what he perceived to be the bureaucracy in Carmel's politics, he ran a last-minute, small-scale campaign emphasizing better relations between the residential and business communities. On election day, April 8, 1986, with double the voter turnout, Eastwood garnered 72.5% of the vote and was elected to a position that paid $200 per month.

Kregener
09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Still shaking my head at the "supporters" of Ron Paul...

Nathan Hale
09-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm aware of this political experience. Alas, small town mayor doesn't cut it. The person needs to complement Paul's experience in a large enough scale to theoretically run the country. Governors are fine. Small town mayors, not so much.

LibertyOfOne
09-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm aware of this political experience. Alas, small town mayor doesn't cut it. The person needs to complement Paul's experience in a large enough scale to theoretically run the country. Governors are fine. Small town mayors, not so much.

I look at political experience as a negative. Ron Paul being the only exception.

Eroberer
09-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Make him the secretary of defense...

j/k

OURPLAN
09-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Clint is involved with the mafia.

katao
09-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I've said it before, but the best way to beat Hillary is with a woman VP, especially an attractive, political upcomer like the Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. And I would like to break with tradition and announce that early. I think it would project confidence, not desperation.

American
09-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Still shaking my head at the "supporters" of Ron Paul...

Just because they are on this board doesnt mean the support Ron Paul. You can always tell by what they suggest, and how they comment on threads.

LibertyOfOne
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Just because they are on this board doesnt mean the support Ron Paul. You can always tell by what they suggest, and how they comment on threads.

Say what you are thinking. No need to hold back.

kenc9
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Here is an on going list of VP's.

http://polls.zoho.com/redstate/ron-paul-vp-derby

quickmike
09-09-2007, 06:42 PM
I think an endorsement from Eastwood would be a great thing, but as far as vice pres? NO. It would just look like a ploy to get votes to alot of people, the same way people look at Fred Thompson using his fame to try and get votes (which will fail in the end) Not to mention Eastwood is 77 years old for f--ks sake!! We need someone who is young enough to run for president after Ron's term is up, to carry on the ideas. You think he would be in any shape to run for president at the age of 83? Not by any stretch of the imagination would that be a good idea.

Like I said though, an endorsement would be very good.

LibertyOfOne
09-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I think an endorsement from Eastwood would be a great thing, but as far as vice pres? NO. It would just look like a ploy to get votes to alot of people, the same way people look at Fred Thompson using his fame to try and get votes (which will fail in the end) Not to mention Eastwood is 77 years old for f--ks sake!! We need someone who is young enough to run for president after Ron's term is up, to carry on the ideas. You think he would be in any shape to run for president at the age of 83? Not by any stretch of the imagination would that be a good idea.

Like I said though, an endorsement would be very good.

He could always come back as a robot. You never know these days with how far technology has come. :P

quickmike
09-09-2007, 06:55 PM
He could always come back as a robot. You never know these days with how far technology has come. :P

I wonder what the constitution says about electing cyborgs to office :confused:

SeanEdwards
09-09-2007, 06:58 PM
I wonder what the constitution says about electing cyborgs to office :confused:

Well, we already have a cyborg governor...

kenc9
09-09-2007, 06:58 PM
From everything I have seen from RP he will make a very conservative, no frills type of choice like a Goldwater. He won't make an appiontment for show, he will have to be able to help the cause and be president if need be.

-ken

quickmike
09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Well, we already have a cyborg governor...

Oh yeah, the Governator............ good point.

Nathan Hale
09-10-2007, 05:33 PM
I look at political experience as a negative. Ron Paul being the only exception.

That's great. Now all we need to do is clone you 150,000,000 times and we're in!

Philo-sophia
12-25-2007, 01:54 PM
No thanks - he's a Bohemian Grove member.

jj111
12-25-2007, 01:59 PM
I've said it before, but the best way to beat Hillary is with a woman VP, especially an attractive, political upcomer like the Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin. And I would like to break with tradition and announce that early. I think it would project confidence, not desperation.

I support breaking tradition with an early announcement too. However, it is possible that some of the choices will not accept his invitation unless/until he is nominated. I would like to see Clint Eastwood ENDORSE RP, like Chuck Norris did with Huckabee.