PDA

View Full Version : Outrage over Vick dogfighting is interesting

nbhadja
11-22-2008, 11:57 AM
New details came out about how he fought family pets, hung dogs etc.
While it is disgusting for sure, I find it ironic that our politicians like Obama and Bush etc basically do the same thing, except they fight humans in the scale of millions yet no outrage toward them. Well Bush gets some outrage, but nowhere near the level Vick receives. Obama is basically a Charles Manson mass murderer as well, yet he is a hero in this country.

Kludge
11-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Emotions are powerful, dangerous, and almost always result in delusion.

So long as our cause is "just", murder, rape, torture, theft... -- it's all good and for good.

newyearsrevolution08
11-22-2008, 12:10 PM
New details came out about how he fought family pets, hung dogs etc.
While it is disgusting for sure, I find it ironic that our politicians like Obama and Bush etc basically do the same thing, except they fight humans in the scale of millions yet no outrage toward them. Well Bush gets some outrage, but nowhere near the level Vick receives. Obama is basically a Charles Manson mass murderer as well, yet he is a hero in this country.

The difference is, those who go to war are doing it on their own free will. The dogs don't have that ability to make their own decision. If there are more and more military who STILL want to enlist then that is their decision, try and see if a dog can ask to NOT fight and see where that goes.

Also I am more irritated at the military who KEEP fighting WHILE they disagree with what they are doing. I understand free will doesn't exist in the military BUT when it comes down to it, it is a PERSONAL decision to keep killing others in a war you DON'T believe in. I can't say the same for the delusional who actually believe all the stuff our government fed them BUT hope they someday will wake up as well.

satchelmcqueen
11-22-2008, 12:34 PM
The difference is, those who go to war are doing it on their own free will. The dogs don't have that ability to make their own decision. If there are more and more military who STILL want to enlist then that is their decision, try and see if a dog can ask to NOT fight and see where that goes.

Also I am more irritated at the military who KEEP fighting WHILE they disagree with what they are doing. I understand free will doesn't exist in the military BUT when it comes down to it, it is a PERSONAL decision to keep killing others in a war you DON'T believe in. I can't say the same for the delusional who actually believe all the stuff our government fed them BUT hope they someday will wake up as well.

Not picking a fight just wondering. Have you been in the millitary? Did you walk away? Ild like to think that i would, but im pretty sure that you would have to fight or else have hell to pay for the rest of your life once signed up and everything and on the battle field. courts would be all over you. yould never be able to even support your family from then on without stress from courts, laws, jail time?

Just wondering what would they actually do to anyone who just walked away and said "i quit"?

anyone know?

newyearsrevolution08
11-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Not picking a fight just wondering. Have you been in the millitary? Did you walk away? Ild like to think that i would, but im pretty sure that you would have to fight or else have hell to pay for the rest of your life once signed up and everything and on the battle field. courts would be all over you. yould never be able to even support your family from then on without stress from courts, laws, jail time?

Just wondering what would they actually do to anyone who just walked away and said "i quit"?

anyone know?

No fighting lol, that is actually a very common comeback to the whole thing.

I was actually denied to go to the military. I went through the whole song and dance, testing, physical and everything but I had/have "questionable tattoos" on my hands that they said would show while standing at attention and asked that I removed them. I actually started to get them lasered off, we had a kid, I moved on from the military.

Now, does that mean that I cannot talk down on those in the military who KNOW what they are doing is wrong and continue? Absolutely....

If you personally know what you are doing is wrong and would rather continue versus dealing with the consequences then who is at fault? The government who has you at war or the person who personally disagrees with it and continues?

If you would rather continue killing WHILE disagreeing with the whole thing just to stay out of jail then something is wrong with that completely. What about all the people you kill during the war OR potentially lose your own life over? Who would pay your bills then? tax dollars?

I actually wanted to be in the military since I was 6 years old, I had a pack when I was 10, had all my military gear and said when I was legal I would go. They however denied me "as I was". I actually almost got in a fight with my recruiter over it. I was damn mad simply because, there are teens who's dads force them into the military and here I was WANTING to enlist and they didn't want me.

I am very glad the military said no because odds are I too would be a brainwashed soldier voting mccain all the way as well..

Bodhi
11-22-2008, 12:44 PM

anyone know?

We had a female leave our Reserve unit and last I heard they were going to Court Martial her and try to get her to serve time in a military prison.

newyearsrevolution08
11-22-2008, 12:46 PM
We had a female leave our Reserve unit and last I heard they were going to Court Martial her and try to get her to serve time in a military prison.

And odds are there are plenty of people in prison for personal and even religious beliefs that they would not go against. Some stand up for their convictions no matter the consequences while others would choose to go against their own personal beliefs to stay out of trouble.

I side tracked this thread though.......

dog fighting........

sorry.