PDA

View Full Version : Devvy Kidd on the Electoral College

Bradley in DC
05-30-2007, 12:16 AM
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd251.htm

". . . The e-mails to get Tom Tancredo or Ron Paul elected as the next president of these united States of America are running fast and furious on the Internet. That's great, networking is basic grassroots at its best. However, unless two critical areas are represented by constitutionalists, neither one of these congressmen stand a chance:

"Constitutionalists have to get themselves elected as delegates to the convention. Electoral college delegates have to be constitutionalists because they elect the president by casting their vote . . .

She comments on two separate issues: the imporance of electing Paul delegates to the Republican presidential primary convention (by having the Paul campaign publicly file with the state Secretaries of State office it's slate of delegate candidates to be on the ballot in the primary, etc.), and, second, the importance of infiltrating state Republican party organizations which choose the electoral college delegates.

Paul supporters should not confuse the two distinct issues (Republican convention delegate selection) and the (state party decided) electoral college delegate selection.

Brandybuck
05-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes, she confuses electors with delegates. But beyond that I have to dismiss her because she is advocating dishonesty. If we are to be better than the other candidates, then we have to be truthful, honest and forthright. We cannot trick or cheat our way to victory.

Bradley in DC
06-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Yes, she confuses electors with delegates. But beyond that I have to dismiss her because she is advocating dishonesty. If we are to be better than the other candidates, then we have to be truthful, honest and forthright. We cannot trick or cheat our way to victory.

I agree.

tiffanyras
12-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I agree.

Actually, Devvy doesn't confuse delegates with electors.

"Those who support either Tancredo or Paul must begin the process now of getting elected as a delegate to the convention"

"electoral college delegate because America got a good lesson in civics during the 2000 pretend election regarding the popular vote vs the electoral college system"

Devvy clearly defines a "delegate to the convention" and an "electoral college delegate" in the "electoral college system".

All of you should really read the article and go to the site before passing judgment.

edited