PDA

View Full Version : NY elementary school is renamed for Obama

tropicangela
11-21-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jiOvEhrMtixXjrBEshNB3EzurROwD94JFEUO2

Oh come on.

NY elementary school is renamed for Obama

11 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — It was only a matter of time. A New York school has been renamed in honor of President-elect Barack Obama.

The former Ludlum Elementary School, in Long Island's Hempstead Union Free School District, was renamed at a school board meeting Thursday — effective immediately. The new name is the Barack Obama Elementary School.

School officials say most of the 440 students there are black or Hispanic, and Obama's victory is a source of great pride.

ClayTrainor
11-21-2008, 10:28 PM
too soon... He hasn't earned it yet.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
11-21-2008, 10:29 PM
This is just beyond stupid anymore

constitutional
11-21-2008, 10:30 PM
All hail our new leader!

http://www.jewcy.com/files/images/hitler_obama_0.preview.jpg

RSLudlum
11-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Yeah, my father called me at work today to tell me to tune into boortz bc. there was an elementary school with our last name being renamed to Barack Obama. My father seemed to take it quite personal!!! ;)

NY elementary school is renamed for Obama
11 hours ago

NEW YORK (AP) — It was only a matter of time. A New York school has been renamed in honor of President-elect Barack Obama.

The former Ludlum Elementary School, in Long Island's Hempstead Union Free School District, was renamed at a school board meeting Thursday — effective immediately. The new name is the Barack Obama Elementary School.

School officials say most of the 440 students there are black or Hispanic, and Obama's victory is a source of great pride.

ClayTrainor
11-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, my father called me at work today to tell me to turn into boortz bc. there was an elementary school with our last name being renamed to Barack Obama. My father seemed to take it quite personal!!! ;)

you've been hijacked! :eek:

RSLudlum
11-22-2008, 12:09 AM
you've been hijacked! :eek:

LOL...yes, it would seem so but as Bugs Bunny would say "Of course you realize this means war!!!" :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9jHa-y24hM

nobody's_hero
11-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Baldur von Schirach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur_von_Schirach) would be so proud.

politicsNproverbs
11-22-2008, 05:42 AM
It's so ridiculous I can't even think of a comment. ;-/

tonesforjonesbones
11-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Will this soon be the United Snakes of Obama? tones

forsmant
11-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I thought we were supposed to wait until they left office? Oh well.

SnappleLlama
11-22-2008, 11:24 AM
This is the ultimate FAIL.

tonesforjonesbones
11-22-2008, 11:30 AM
The saddest thing is that these folk don't realize ..he doesn't care a whit about them. he's the same Fabian as any other Fabian up there. I was reading about how the Kenyans look to their leaders to solve everything...more like a king. Why in the world would the American blacks do the same thing? Is this an inherent trait? What the hell is going on with this? Why are some groups more prone to collectivism than others? i don't get it. tones

voytechs
11-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Good for us. It will be easy to know which schools to avoid :)

silus
11-22-2008, 09:16 PM
The saddest thing is that these folk don't realize ..he doesn't care a whit about them. he's the same Fabian as any other Fabian up there. I was reading about how the Kenyans look to their leaders to solve everything...more like a king. Why in the world would the American blacks do the same thing? Is this an inherent trait? What the hell is going on with this? Why are some groups more prone to collectivism than others? i don't get it. tones
All that from one school changing their name...?! This is ridiculous. You guys are like political pundits...a never ceasing explanation that ends nowhere. A school was renamed...the timing didn't suit you...big fucking deal.

ShowMeLiberty
11-22-2008, 09:23 PM
All that from one school changing their name...?! This is ridiculous. You guys are like political pundits...a never ceasing explanation that ends nowhere. A school was renamed...the timing didn't suit you...big fucking deal.

1. I object to your collectivist use of "you guys". Perhaps you've noticed there is a wide range of opinion on RPFs. There is no "you guys" here.

2. It's more than just the timing. To name a school for someone who has done nothing more than win an election so far is just one example of the apparent mass hysteria surrounding Mr. Obama. As someone who remembers the old Soviet Union very well, this virtual idol worship of a politician frightens me.

sevin
11-22-2008, 11:14 PM
that school is going to become one of the crappiest elementary schools in the country

GivePeace_A_Chance
11-23-2008, 01:56 AM
=0

I want that to be my school!